ADVERTISEMENT

M2 Lineups

Ian

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
State College, Pa
In case you were wondering, here are the M2 lineups and national rankings for this weekends Ultimate Duals being held in Happy Valley. Some really good wrestling going on at NVSC and C-3. Go see it!

40kg - Keegan Bassett, M2 Training Magicians
43kg - Brayden Sigle, M2 Training Magicians
45kg - Dominic Deputy, M2 Training Magicians
48kg - Chase Sigle, M2 Training Magicians
51kg - HM Bo Bassett, M2 Training Magicians
54kg - HM Landon Bainey, M2 Training Magicians
57kg - #1 Mason Gibson, M2 Training Magicians
57kg - HM Asher Cunningham, M2 Training Magicians
60kg - #14 Dalton Perry, M2 Training Magicians
63kg - #12 Pierson Manville, M2 Training Magicians
66kg - #5 Tyler Kasak, M2 Training Magicians
69kg - HM Andrew Christie, M2 Training Magicians
73kg - HM Ryan Garvick, M2 Training Magicians
77kg - #1 Levi Haines, M2 Training Magicians
83kg - #8 Brody Conley, M2 Training Magicians
89kg - HM Connor Jacobs, M2 Training Magicians
100kg - HM Austin Johnson, M2 Training Magicians
129kg - #19 Nick Pavlechko, M2 Training Magicians

45kg - Nathan Nash, M2 Training Wizards
48kg - Bradley Wagner, M2 Training Wizards
51kg - Max Wirnsberger, M2 Training Wizards
54kg - HM Lucas Fye, M2 Training Wizards
57kg - HM Brock Weiss, M2 Training Wizards
60kg - Aidan OShea, M2 Training Wizards
63kg - HM Scott Johnson, M2 Training Wizards
66kg - HM Cade Wirnsberger, M2 Training Wizards
69kg - HM Griffin Walizer, M2 Training Wizards
73kg - Gavin Priest, M2 Training Wizards
77kg - Tommy Cohenour, M2 Training Wizards
83kg - Noah Foltz, M2 Training Wizards
83kg - Braden Newby, M2 Training Wizards
89kg - Harrison Hoopes, M2 Training Wizards
100kg - Tomas Brooker, M2 Training Wizards
129kg - HM Matthew Cruise, M2 Training Wizards

YG will never see that amount of talent again, in 5 years time M2 will be the best club in the country.

Simply BRILLIANT move opening M2,but it HAD to be done to keep our boys here.
Jan 8, 2020 and Jefes reply
Except that's not true. Of all the PA guys currently starting at ANY other school, how many did we recruit hard?

After Spencer Lee, the answer is zero or close to it. Not the other 4 Iowa starters. Not the Hidlays. Not Pletcher. Not Shields or Maruca. Not Labriola. Not Hoffman after Beard became available. Not Wood.

The fact that so many ended up at Iowa is unfortunate for us, and also something that M2 would not affect for guys Cael passes on, just as it did not affect the Hidlays or Hoffman or the Cobra or Wood.

We did land Stout and pushed for Phillippi, so that's 3 -- OTOH our 133/197 options are better.

That's also the pattern going fwd -- Starocci and Bartlett being the only 2 PA guys projected to start in the future. Most known high profile targets are non-residents.

Where M2 will help us is with depth.
Depth,right.

Jan 8, 2020 and Jefes reply

Depth,right.
You were right -- M2 has turned into the best club in the country. And M2 is producing more guys that Cael is likely to go hard after.

Does that keep D1 starter-level PA kids at PSU? TBD. M2 helped us get Haines. Perry would've come to PSU anyway, though M2 did develop him. Hopefully more M2 studs (1) are good enough to start at PSU, and (2) choose to wrestle at PSU. Time will tell.

Fye and Bainey are best friends and have actually been wrestling each other for years as they have always been the exact same weight, it's actually amazing how many times they have met already and they are still only entering their junior seasons in high school. I think Bainey leads something like 10-4 overall lol.

Reactions: kevin310
Holy heck that is a good lineup. That second team is very tough too. Welsh and Shaw must have switched to Quest. And Kilkeary wrestled for Norwin WC. Something must be up in Iowa, PA

Lineups missed the two young Uzbek kids.

Was Sanshiro Abe the last international wrestler of note for Penn State? Perhaps Bekzod will hang around State College as the international recruiting coordinator when he’s done competing.

Reactions: nitlion6
When I was watching M2 wrestlers today, I feel like YG might soon be irrelevant. It's scary.
YG won't ever be irrelevant. All 3 of the McCort 8th graders are Young Guns primarily still I believe. They had some really good kids obviously like Rocco Welsh come through recently. The big thing now is Ohio State owns that pipeline now it seems and not Iowa.

Reactions: vhsalum and fronk71
YG won't ever be irrelevant. All 3 of the McCort 8th graders are Young Guns primarily still I believe. They had some really good kids obviously like Rocco Welsh come through recently. The big thing now is Ohio State owns that pipeline now it seems and not Iowa.

With the exception of Spencer all the gold in Young Guns is found in Happy Valley, PA.
The pipeline to Iowa provided some quality talent, a few AAs, Spencer's 3 and that's about it.
It will crack me up when Wyatt churns out 4 AAs and maybe a gold, after being booted out of the "best lightweight" room in the country. Since all he was going to learn was pushouts, going some place else is the best thing that happened to the kid.
My guess is OSU's PA pipeline will provide some talent, numerous AA finishes, but fewer golds than most think right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
"Owns" is a bit strong for Ohio State. They have 3 YG on their roster + recruits: Smith, Welsh, and Kilkeary. What they've done is recruit well across PA -- and with that comes some YG kids.

Welsh is the best of the current crop, but Pitt is probably cleaning up YG the most. Not just by volume -- Pitzer and Stout could both be better in college than Kilkeary; Augustine and McMillen (at least) should be solid.

If Ohio State ends up landing the McCort kids ... (shudder) let's not go there.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
With the exception of Spencer all the gold in Young Guns is found in Happy Valley, PA.
The pipeline to Iowa provided some quality talent, a few AAs, Spencer's 3 and that's about it.
TBF, they did win an NCAA team championship with them and were the favorites at the cancelled tournament.

TBF, they did win an NCAA team championship with them and were the favorites at the cancelled tournament.
So they got 1 team title and Spencer, Young and Kemerer were huge as well as Berge's injury.

As far as Iowa being favored, seeing how close PSU was to taking their single one away and the distance this year it is hard to believe the difference in a PSU peak and the Iowa falter doesn't result in a PSU title.

Iowa was picked by many to win it all at the start of this year, too.

But, in typical Brands fashion, the team was overcooked by February. Let’s not pretend that overall training/coaching philosophy and injuries aren’t correlated, if not the former causing the latter.

Last edited:
*Haines just put up a Fall in the Finals at 77kg for M2 Magicians over Team Savage
*Ryan Garvick lost by 10-0 tech to a Sadriddenov of team Savage
*Basset, Gibson, Manville and Kasak all won by 10-0 Tech. Manville did it against a State Champion. The others were over quickly.
*PS: Asher Cunningham went 4-1 during the tournament.
Levi Haines forfeited 2 matches yesterday but won 4 matches today.....two by 10-0 Tech and the other 2 by Fall while leading 8-0.
*Final Score: M2 Magicians 54 Team Savage 18
*DT in the corner today

Last edited:
*Haines just put up a Fall in the Finals at 77kg for M2 Magicians over Team Savage
*Ryan Garvick lost by 10-0 tech to a Sadriddenov of team Savage
*Basset, Gibson, Manville and Kasak all won by 10-0 Tech. Manville did it against a State Champion. The others were over quickly.
*PS: Asher Cunningham went 4-1 during the tournament.
Levi Haines forfeited 2 matches yesterday but won 4 matches today.....two by 10-0 Tech and the other 2 by Fall while leading 8-0.
*Final Score: M2 Magicians 54 Team Savage 18
And.The.Dynasty. Just. Got. Stronger.

Was Sebolt in attendance?

How long has Brody Conley been trying at m2. Bring the guys psu doesn’t want down to Morgantown with ya Brody. Lol

That lineup is crazy.

That 1st String M2 Lineup is insane. The way DT has built this thing up in such a short time is truly a magic act.

Reactions: diggerpup
When I was watching M2 wrestlers today, I feel like YG might soon be irrelevant. It's scary.
You are forgetting the most talent is in SWPA, so unless he opens up a place near Pittsburgh, it’s going to be hard to make them irrelevant. This does not imply M2 isn’t doing great things, but location needs to be considered.

You are forgetting the most talent is in SWPA, so unless he opens up a place near Pittsburgh, it’s going to be hard to make them irrelevant. This does not imply M2 isn’t doing great things, but location needs to be considered.
Agreed that "irrelevant" is too strong.

Also suspect M2 will start drawing some WPIAL talent over time without opening new branches. Results matter, and already Kasak is commuting from further away than any WPIAL school despite lots of great local clubs.

That's not to say most WPIAL talent will go to M2 -- only that some will, and the dynamic will be interesting to watch.

As these young M2 wrestlers move through the ranks, will we still say that the most talent is in SWPA?

Reactions: PSUer1989
As these young M2 wrestlers move through the ranks, will we still say that the most talent is in SWPA?

If you want my unbiased opinion -

c56eb7dd-a760-41d6-8c70-feac81bbad93_text.gif

;)

With guys like Ruth, Wright, Zain, Oliver, C Star, Nolf. I would say the rest of PA is pretty damn good.
Nolf came from D7, but agree with your point and will take it further:

WPIAL has the greatest population density of wrestlers in PA. It makes sense that they would have the most D1 recruits, starters, and possibly AAs.

National champion-caliber wrestlers are far rarer and could come from anywhere in PA, or from any other state. Cael's recruiting patterns show that.

question how come iowa fand always complain about Penn has so many more people than iowa for wrestling but they never complain about tx cali or fla that are much bigger than Penn!!

A local kid, who trained with YG's for years and absolutely bled Iowa gold, just recently switched to M2 and he and his father had nothing but great things to say about M2. Feels everyone receives equal attention and not just a select few. They really raved about McKnight.

Used too! I saw that too.

Is there a club rule where you have to be exclusive to one club? Or doesn’t it make sense to jump around. I know some kids go to M2 and Buffalo Valley on the off nights.

Yes. I would expect M2 to expand, but even if not, there are numerous clubs in this area with top flight coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT