ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Gardner Returning to PSU

157 this year:
Joe Lee - who was supposed to rejuvenate his career at this weight
Terrell Barraclough - the scrappy "coaches kid" wrestler who was Sanderson trained growing up
Tony Negron - a guy who most googled after we found out he was wrestling against Lehigh and only found his LinkedIn

and ending with:

Luke Gardner - retired then unretired

According to Track, Gardner is on the roster but not yet certified.

I'm glad Luke Gardner is back and I hope he wrestles well/achieves his goals.

But I'm not sure this turns many tables.
giphy.gif

Oops...wrong turn the tables GIF!

I could totally see him making the lineup. Would be great if he could snag a qualification and grab a ticket to the dance.

Reactions: Lb4097
Wonder if this news has any impact on the speculation of Brady moving down to 157?
I suspect we can stick a fork in that speculation. Makes little sense for Gardner to un-retire just to sit on the bench, and he'd have to know that's what would happen against Berge after so many years together.

Reactions: danoftw and Fatmarc
I would assume that Cael must have wanted him to return since two weeks ago he was in the transfer portal. I will trust Cael & the other coaches decision to bring him back as their best option at 157. I wish him the best of Luck and hopefully we can get something out of this weight class.

Reactions: Ja1339
Do any of you meat heads think gardner wanted to come back thinking he’ll have starting spot at 57

How many matches does Gardner have under his belt this season?

I know it was mentioned Luke was going to Pitt to wrestle 149 (Cenzo kind of spilled the beans) so I imagine he is coming back to PSU because Cael asked him about wrestling 157.

I think Negron continues to have the inside track. I think he is the rawest with the most upside potential. That said Luke adds more mystery to the competition. It should be fun.

Do any of you meat heads think gardner wanted to come back thinking he’ll have starting spot at 57
Just another kind of head talking here, but I would presume ‘yes’?

Or we pay more than Pitt?

Not sure what you’re trying to get at.

Refresh my memory, I looked at last year’s roster to see his weight and Luke wasn’t listed. I don’t remember why he wasn’t on the team (or if it is an error). All I could find was 2019-2020 he was 149.

Refresh my memory, I looked at last year’s roster to see his weight and Luke wasn’t listed. I don’t remember why he wasn’t on the team (or if it is an error). All I could find was 2019-2020 he was 149.
Here is Luke's career PSU record.

Last two matches in February 2021 were at 157.

ADVERTISEMENT