ADVERTISEMENT

Lubrano was just on the Glenn Beck Program discussing how poorly the scandal was handled

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Just heard the last two minutes just before the 11 AM news break. Beck was impressed, hope that it will be on his website so I can hear it all.

Regardless what you think of Beck, and I know many hate him, having Lubrano on explaining how poorly this was handled can have a major impact. Beck is heard on something like 500 channels all across the country and even internationally.

Will listen to show after news break to see if he has a follow up discussion. No wheis having John Ziegler. Ooops, Ziegler has been on all morning.

Reactions: dshumbero
Just heard the last two minutes just before the 11 AM news break. Beck was impressed, hope that it will be on his website so I can hear it all.

Regardless what you think of Beck, and I know many hate him, having Lubrano on explaining how poorly this was handled can have a major impact. Beck is heard on something like 500 channels all across the country and even internationally.

Will listen to show after news break to see if he has a follow up discussion. No wheis having John Ziegler. Ooops, Ziegler has been on all morning.
Yeah, that will change things... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Nit16 and elvis63
Yeah, that will change things... :rolleyes:

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: bwifan
Lubrano has a point about the handling of the issue, yes. But, this Monday's news discredits all of the work he has been doing and the Freeh review. They admitted they were guilty whether we like it not. They had a chance to fight and they didnt.

Conspiracy minded loons go on show of conspiracy minded loon! THIS WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING!

*Ducks in anticipation of memes and gifs from mouthbreathers who can't respond with their own thoughts*

Lubrano has a point about the handling of the issue, yes. But, this Monday's news discredits all of the work he has been doing and the Freeh review. They admitted they were guilty whether we like it not. They had a chance to fight and they didnt.
Huh? They fought it for six year. They had most of the charges dropped and finally copped to a plea deal after warn down. How dumb can you get? I mean, its like they want 12-1 and people complain about the single loss.

Huh? They fought it for six year. They had most of the charges dropped and finally copped to a plea deal after warn down. How dumb can you get? I mean, its like they want 12-1 and people complain about the single loss.
12-1 still equals guilty. Congrats on them taking advantage of PSU for representation and getting the best deal possible. In the end, they still lost.

they fought it right until they actually had to answer questions on it...sorry, just stop making excuses for them.

If you'd want to take your chances with a jury where the majority thinks you should be punished even if you did nothing illegal, have at it. I wanted them to take it to trial as well but I can definitely see why they'd take a plea to one misdemeanor vs. dipping their toes into that jury pool. It's easier to take your stance when it's not your life, pension, etc. on the line.

they plead guilty to endangering the welfare of a child. im sorry but after almost 6 years, I would fight this and convince the jury of my side.

If you'd want to take your chances with a jury where the majority thinks you should be punished even if you did nothing illegal, have at it. I wanted them to take it to trial as well but I can definitely see why they'd take a plea to one misdemeanor vs. dipping their toes into that jury pool. It's easier to take your stance when it's not your life, pension, etc. on the line.

Bullshit, what they did will be revealed soon enough . Their own words.

they plead guilty to endangering the welfare of a child. im sorry but after almost 6 years, I would fight this and convince the jury of my side.
how would you fight EWOC? They acknowledge Mike reported something. WC billing sheet. WC testimony that he advised them to contact DPW. Schultz admitting DPW was never contacted. Tough to get a not guilty verdict on that.

Bullshit, what they did will be revealed soon enough . Their own words.

Yes, we shall see but if you already know what their words are why don't you share them with us so we could all be on the same page as you?

You must be FURIOUS that these guys walked away with one misdemeanor wrist slap, if they really are guilty of all you claim (conspiracy, obstruction, perjury, etc.). When are you going to take your outrage over to the OAG and give them piece of your mind?

Can anyone direct me to a link of the lubrano segment. Thank you very much.

What ever happened to that thing??????

how would you fight EWOC? They acknowledge Mike reported something. WC billing sheet. WC testimony that he advised them to contact DPW. Schultz admitting DPW was never contacted. Tough to get a not guilty verdict on that.

Exactly.

Yes, we shall see but if you already know what their words are why don't you share them with us so we could all be on the same page as you?

You must be FURIOUS that these guys walked away with one misdemeanor wrist slap, if they really are guilty of all you claim. When are you going to take your outrage over to the OAG and give them piece of your mind?

I'm not furious at all . I don't care if they spend a day in jail or not.

What I want is their misdeeds exposed . I want the truth to come out. And it's coming.

That's easy to say when it's not your future, family, etc on the line. They didn't owe any of us anything. They got caught up in a difficult situation and made the best decision for themselves.

It may have been a good deal for them given the potential consequences. However, the bad side of this deal is that they admitted that they failed in their responsibilities which resulted in endangering children and their failure was criminal. There is no way spin this admission and I don't believe they would have accepted a plea if there was not some truth to the admission.

Lundy I thought he testified that he thought someone had contacted them, but he couldn't say for sure who that person was, he knew he didn't do it.

What I want is their misdeeds exposed . I want the truth to come out. And it's coming.

Exactly what do you think is coming? Do you think they are going to publicly acknowledge that MM told them details about anal rape and that Joe convinced them to cover it up and not report to authorities?

It may have been a good deal for them given the potential consequences. However, the bad side of this deal is that they admitted that they failed in their responsibilities which resulted in endangering children and their failure was criminal. There is no way spin this admission and I don't believe they would have accepted a plea if there was not some truth to the admission.

They did fail. However, they are human. They made the wrong call with a man that took advantage of many people. Attaching any shame to this plea is wrong and very unfair IMO.

Huh? So you think they have committed all kinds of terrible misdeeds but you're ok with them not doing any jail time and you're not the least bit upset? Riiiiight. That makes perfect sense.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Lundy I thought he testified that he thought someone had contacted them, but he couldn't say for sure who that person was, he knew he didn't do it.
that was his testimony and may have been his best recollection at the time. But there was a subsequent filing where it was admitted that DPW was ultimately not contacted.

Reactions: Bob78
That's easy to say when it's not your future, family, etc on the line. They didn't owe any of us anything. They got caught up in a difficult situation and made the best decision for themselves.
That is well said. People don't always plead guilty because they are guilty. Some plead guilty because their lawyer explains the risks of going to trial and advises them that a plea is the safest course of action.

The truth in their admission could be that yes, they messed up by allowing themselves to be fooled by a pillar of the community offender. These guys weren't trained in spotting these people, so if the untrained college admins get a misdemeanor for messing up, so be it, but what about the child care experts (TSM/CYS/DPW) who should have known better but also dropped the ball/allowed themselves to be fooled?? They got to walk off into the sunset without one single charge against them.

Why speculate as to what their statements are going to say/admit to? According to elvis he already knows but for some reason is refusing to share.

+1. But Round 14 is for all the marbles. It (and future Rounds that may arise, if any) will determine whether Louis Freeh was right in the cover-up conspiracy theory, or whether PSU admins just mishandled the situation and dropped the ball.

But I completely agree that people are reading greater culpability than has been accepted by C/S so far. The conspiracy hasn't been proven yet. In fact, ALL conspiracy charges have been dropped against 2 of the 3 alleged conspirators and the 2 guilty pleas were to endangerment by not reporting, which is not necessarily covering up.

They did fail. However, they are human. They made the wrong call with a man that took advantage of many people. Attaching any shame to this plea is wrong and very unfair IMO.
Somewhat agree. I think the fight they put up turned into a pissing contest which made it worse overall. Both sides dug in and it made it worse in the end as this dragged out. Where I think they run into problems is that they knew about and at least had minor email/conversations about 98. I've seen people on this site in the last few days ask about validating emails and say Jerry never touched a kid as far as they knew. Different people obviously, but at some point can we stop acting as if this didn't happen?

Reactions: psulion2001

No, you just don't want to look like an ass anymore. Like you have looked the past 5 years.

Unfortunately, you'll still look like an ass because the "facts" you told us 4-5 years ago are vastly different than the actual facts no matter what happens with Spanier.

You'll never end up looking good or right in all this. Got it??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT