ADVERTISEMENT

LTE from former PSU Trustee...

I have no idea... maybe? Why does it matter? Did Lubert tell CSS not to call the police?

What is evident, is that Sandusky had friends on the BOT. The kind of friends that didn't shun him even when they knew he was being investigated by a grand jury. Friends who socialized with him until the last home game before he was indicted. Perhaps Tim and Gary were careful when they were dealing with MM's report because they knew that certain trustees would have interest in how the matter was dealt with. Trustees and incest with TSM is/was a fact. Drew Garban and Dottie Huck were just two relatives that served on boards of TSM. Even after JS tearfully resigned his day to day involvement because of the on going AF accusations. Yes, many "friends" stopped contributing and offering their "camps" around 09. But yet, OGBOT claimed they never knew anything and never even read Ganim's article of March 31,2011.
Obviously, there is a lack of communication between fathers and sons and husbands and wives! Time will eventually prove that Sandusky's emeritus status was the brainchild of a group of PSU Trustees. This group needed "cover" and the events of 11/11 marked the beginning of a campaign to throw 4 men to the "wolves" and "save" themselves.They never dreamed that Louis Freeh could do such a sloppy job or that anyone would ever question the erstwhile "secular saint." Funny thing is, they may have gotten away with everything. They made their fatal error when they targeted JVP.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? You post about one victim that was paid and ignore the 30 others and act like I am crazy when I say that CSS go into police would have drastically changed the outcome. That is what a majority of people believe, it is just the crazy ones like you that have their heads in the sand.
You have zero reading comprehension and once again demonstrate your inability to think critically. Seriously, I've scraped things off the bottom of my shoe more consequential than your musings on the subject.

There were a lot of pre-2001 victims who were paid and I explicitly acknowledged that when I said "or any other pre-2001 victim." Yet, for some inexplicable reason, you misstate what I said and keep claiming that a phone call in 2001 would have saved PSU from liability to those pre-2001 victims. That's completely illogical gibberish. It's the very definition of non sequitur. I cannot possibly bring myself to believe that you have a Penn State education.

I had to put him on ignore. It's like talking to the town drunk or a street schizophrenic.

Last edited:
You have zero reading comprehension and once again demonstrate your inability to think critically. Seriously, I've scraped things off the bottom of my shoe more consequential than your musings on the subject.

There were a lot of pre-2001 victims who were paid and I explicitly acknowledged that when I said "or any other pre-2001 victim." Yet, for some inexplicable reason, you misstate what I said and keep claiming that a phone call in 2001 would have saved PSU from liability to those pre-2001 victims. That's completely illogical gibberish. It's the very definition of non sequitur. I cannot possibly bring myself to believe that you have a Penn State education.

I jad to put him on ignore. It's like talking to the town drunk or a street schizophrenic.

maybe he has the same time travel technology as the OAG . . . :D

I jad to put him on ignore. It's like talking to the town drunk or a street schizophrenic.
I never said that we wouldn't have to pay those victims, I said that PSU would have been in a far better position. We would not have had to pay the post 2001 victims nor would we have had to deal with the NCAA, Freeh or the Feds. You are batshit crazy if you think we would not have been better off.

I never said that we wouldn't have to pay those victims, I said that PSU would have been in a far better position. We would not have had to pay the post 2001 victims nor would we have had to deal with the NCAA, Freeh or the Feds. You are batshit crazy if you think we would not have been better off.

^^^ Cuckoo for cocoa puffs

Reactions: malanoce
What has me puzzled is why the ag members take their marching orders from the B&I members. Are guys like Eckel in it just for football tickets and free rooms at the Nittany Lion Inn on football Saturdays and don't want to rock the boat? Eckel's picture on the trustees page sure makes him look like an obese simpleton who'd be happy doing nothing more than shoving greasy hot dogs down his maw all day. Do their farms get operating loans from people connected to B&I trustees and they don't want to rock the boat? Why do these folks (besides Mr Potato Head) not exhibit any apparent type of independent thought at all?

It's definitely curious that the ag trustee seats weren't gobbled up by PMA the way they created the B&I seats. Then again, the PA Farm Bureau is quite the powerful lobby itself-- not exactly run by Uncle Henry and Auntie Em- and they have some big money interests they share with the B&I boys and girls. Anybody else find it strange that when we're talking about a developer putting up thousands of housing units on a property that holds a main aquifer for much of Centre County, not a whimper is heard from the 6 trustees who are supposed to be concerned about groundwater, preserving land, and all that nature stuff?

As for Junior Sample himself, there are rumors that he and Frank Sheeran share some common acquaintances in northeast PA. This puzzles me too, because I can't imagine him being either the brains or the muscle. Yet, somehow, Mr. Green Jeans ends up on some kind of bar association group that approves or disapproves of PA judicial candidates (along with Mr. Kay Salvino). Strangely, Anne Covey was not recommended this past year. Personally, I wouldn't buy a single blueberry from the turd, so I can't understand how he's some kind of successful farmer.

As for the rest, Betsy Huber strikes me as the most vapid, brainless woman out there. I'm sure I could find dozens of Old Order Amish women who know more about the world than Betsy. She seems more suited to the county fair circuit, although I'm sure you could shit in a mason jar and convince her it was apple butter. Yet, somebody thinks she's so valuable to this board that they were willing to rig the process to make sure she got re-elected.

I forgot, on BWI critical thought is the enemy.

How you've never considered the two aren't mutually exclusive, and what that means, is just sad.

Lol. If you're trying to get a job, why would you report a potential crime to your boss? Take all the time you need.

Reactions: Royal_Coaster
Lol. If you're trying to get a job, why would you report a potential crime to your boss? Take all the time you need.

Well if your boss spent 50 years doing things the right way, even when it was hard, even when it seemed like it could set his team back... it would likely impress him.

Reactions: WeR0206

Nut job.

It's definitely curious that the ag trustee seats weren't gobbled up by PMA the way they created the B&I seats. She seems more suited to the county fair circuit, although I'm sure you could shit in a mason jar and convince her it was apple butter. Yet, somebody thinks she's so valuable to this board that they were willing to rig the process to make sure she got re-elected.
The bolded part above is precious. Also, I love the Junior Samples reference. "BR-549". Had to link a peek at ole Junior...

What is evident, is that Sandusky had friends on the BOT. The kind of friends that didn't shun him even when they knew he was being investigated by a grand jury. Friends who socialized with him until the last home game before he was indicted. Perhaps Tim and Gary were careful when they were dealing with MM's report because they knew that certain trustees would have interest in how the matter was dealt with. Trustees and incest with TSM is/was a fact. Drew Garban and Dottie Huck were just two relatives that served on boards of TSM. Even after JS tearfully resigned his day to day involvement because of the on going AF accusations. Yes, many "friends" stopped contributing and offering their "camps" around 09. But yet, OGBOT claimed they never knew anything and never even read Ganim's article of March 31,2011.
Obviously, there is a lack of communication between fathers and sons and husbands and wives! Time will eventually prove that Sandusky's emeritus status was the brainchild of a group of PSU Trustees. This group needed "cover" and the events of 11/11 marked the beginning of a campaign to throw 4 men to the "wolves" and "save" themselves.They never dreamed that Louis Freeh could do such a sloppy job or that anyone would ever question the erstwhile "secular saint." Funny thing is, they may have gotten away with everything. They made their fatal error when they targeted JVP.
This post is nicely succinct and I "Like" it.

Reactions: MichaelJackSchmidt
As for Junior Sample himself, there are rumors that he and Frank Sheeran share some common acquaintances in northeast PA. This puzzles me too, because I can't imagine him being either the brains or the muscle. Yet, somehow, Mr. Green Jeans ends up on some kind of bar association group that approves or disapproves of PA judicial candidates (along with Mr. Kay Salvino). Strangely, Anne Covey was not recommended this past year. Personally, I wouldn't buy a single blueberry from the turd, so I can't understand how he's some kind of successful farmer.

Not a rumor.
Second letter down. http://thetimes-tribune.com/opinion/letters/letters-to-the-editor-12-14-2014-1.1802472
We have such fine, upstanding people on the BoT, with fine, upstanding friends.

I had to put him on ignore. It's like talking to the town drunk or a street schizophrenic.
It's like talking to the town drunk or a street schizophrenic.

Maybe he's really Bernie McCue???

Whoa. First, getmyjive, you danced at THON a couple of years ago, correct? If so, I'm petty familiar with you from another site. If that's you, jive definitely isn't some BOT shill. He's a good dude.
Yes, we would be much better off if Joe, Curley, or Schultz had just picked up the phone, called the police, and hell just handed the phone to McQueary and said "you're a big boy."
HOWEVER, there's a very logical reason as to why they didn't. And that would most likely be the same reason that McQueary's father, Dr. Dranov, and McQueary himself after calming down never called the police, despite Dranov's repeated questioning that very night. And "OH SH*T FOOTBALL!" is not that reason (and I know that's not what you're saying or even implying, because anyone who does is too stupid to be allowed to breed, or willfully invested in such an outlandish narrative for some reason).

Therefore, while of course we'd be much better off if they had called police, that's an unfair standard to place on them, filled with hindsight - not even considering that they followed policy (the same policy in effect at just about every single employment office across the country) to the T, and put McQueary in front of the right people.
In a rational world, that would be enough to where Penn State's position is still just damn well fine today. But not in a bloodthirsty for conflict and spectacle filled society in which it's way more advantageous for those with a platform to show how "outraged" and "morally against" something they are to keep eyeballs watching and reading. Not when eager college football fans are all too pleased to see one more competitor topple over at any opportunity in a zero sum game. Not in an environment where publishers file lawsuits to find out "did Joe Paterno, a guy who died over 4 years ago, know something 40 years ago," but don't sue to see documents that will answer "so what happened to any reports that reached child welfare and protection agencies?"

I'm a recent grad just like you (if I'm correct in my recollection of you as a poster). If so, people chill a bit with the hostility. He's not CR66 or Bernie McCue or any of the made up "Andrea DiMaggio" accounts on PennLive who actually are invested in one side of the story, who hope to immediately drown out any rational commentary under any story that even mentions the word "Paterno" (see the latest pretty cool story about the freshman DT from Ohio, Antonio Shelton).

Reactions: Zenophile
Whoa. First, getmyjive, you danced at THON a couple of years ago, correct? If so, I'm petty familiar with you from another site. If that's you, jive definitely isn't some BOT shill. He's a good dude.
Yes, we would be much better off if Joe, Curley, or Schultz had just picked up the phone, called the police, and hell just handed the phone to McQueary and said "you're a big boy."
HOWEVER, there's a very logical reason as to why they didn't. And that would most likely be the same reason that McQueary's father, Dr. Dranov, and McQueary himself after calming down never called the police, despite Dranov's repeated questioning that very night. And "OH SH*T FOOTBALL!" is not that reason (and I know that's not what you're saying or even implying, because anyone who does is too stupid to be allowed to breed, or willfully invested in such an outlandish narrative for some reason).

Therefore, while of course we'd be much better off if they had called police, that's an unfair standard to place on them, filled with hindsight - not even considering that they followed policy (the same policy in effect at just about every single employment office across the country) to the T, and put McQueary in front of the right people.
In a rational world, that would be enough to where Penn State's position is still just damn well fine today. But not in a bloodthirsty for conflict and spectacle filled society in which it's way more advantageous for those with a platform to show how "outraged" and "morally against" something they are to keep eyeballs watching and reading. Not when eager college football fans are all too pleased to see one more competitor topple over at any opportunity in a zero sum game. Not in an environment where publishers file lawsuits to find out "did Joe Paterno, a guy who died over 4 years ago, know something 40 years ago," but don't sue to see documents that will answer "so what happened to any reports that reached child welfare and protection agencies?"

I'm a recent grad just like you (if I'm correct in my recollection of you as a poster). If so, people chill a bit with the hostility. He's not CR66 or Bernie McCue or any of the made up "Andrea DiMaggio" accounts on PennLive who actually are invested in one side of the story, who hope to immediately drown out any rational commentary under any story that even mentions the word "Paterno" (see the latest pretty cool story about the freshman DT from Ohio, Antonio Shelton).
Nope, that was not me. I matched a donation for a poster from 247 who danced a couple of years ago, so you may be thinking of that. As for the BOT, I have only met one of them and for the majority of that meeting he was annoyed with what I had to say.

ADVERTISEMENT