ADVERTISEMENT

Lost in the news yesterday - 6 Marines missing

Nitt1300

Nov 2, 2008
https://www.newsweek.com/marine-planes-crash-japan-coast-search-and-rescue-underway-1246140

Sounds like a refueling accident, F/A 18 and a KC-130 tanker- both went down. So far only two have been recovered- not yet clear if both survived.

It's easy to forget that our servicemen and women are in harms way not only when there is shooting going on. The very nature of their jobs is hazardous.
Friend of mine worked flight deck crew on a carrier in the late 80s early 90s.
He said it was a rare thing to come back from a deployment without having a fatality somewhere along the way.

Friend of mine worked flight deck crew on a carrier in the late 80s early 90s.
He said it was a rare thing to come back from a deployment without having a fatality somewhere along the way.
A few guys I knew were on carriers- they all said the same thing. Very dangerous work, no doubt about it.

Reactions: PSU87
One of the two Marines who have been recovered is dead, the other reported to be in stable condition.

Yea we were to busy mourning someone who died of old age.
What the hell does one have to do with the other? Just because you can't chew gum and post here at the same time shouldn't mean all of us are incapable of multi tasking. As far as mourning a man who died of "old age" I chose to reflect upon a life lived to the fullest. Damn! Please don't include me in your me TO

ADVERTISEMENT