Looks like pelosi caves in Taiwan

Maverick0

Nov 10, 2001
Atlanta
She dropped it from the published itinerary. Great message to send along with AF and Ukraine. Our Biden foreign policy is as good as Biden’s domestic policy.
Agree. Letting CCP dictate (just with a verbal "threat") what our "leaders" (the ones currently in office, that is) do...not a good look. Can we PLEASE get Pompeo back at as Sec. of State ASAP!

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
She dropped it from the published itinerary. Great message to send along with AF and Ukraine. Our Biden foreign policy is as good as Biden’s domestic policy
A. Reports to date indicate that Biden had no part in Pelosi's initial announcement that she was going to visit Taiwan. He MAY have had a part in her cancelling said visit, IF that has in fact occurred. No one knows at this point.

B. Your post smacks of RWNJism. You criticize Pelosi for weakness in cancelling her trip to Taiwan (if that is in fact what is happening). Yet, had she in fact gone to Taiwan, you would be blasting her for fomenting tension between the U.S. and China. Which suggests to me that we should ignore your pronouncements on this subject.

Reactions: maypole

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
A. Reports to date indicate that Biden had no part in Pelosi's initial announcement that she was going to visit Taiwan. He MAY have had a part in her cancelling said visit, IF that has in fact occurred. No one knows at this point.

B. Your post smacks of RWNJism. You criticize Pelosi for weakness in cancelling her trip to Taiwan (if that is in fact what is happening). Yet, had she in fact gone to Taiwan, you would be blasting her for fomenting tension between the U.S. and China. Which suggests to me that we should ignore your pronouncements on this subject.
Once she made the commitment her caving in is 100% on her. Don’t blame me because your leader cowers in fear to overlords

NJPSU

May 29, 2001

Yep your “B” is dead on accurate. Pretty much happens with every conflict we have with an adversary.

Reactions: maypole

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021

No tubby, we would have said it was surprisingly correct.

DJ Spanky

Jul 25, 2001
B. Your post smacks of RWNJism. You criticize Pelosi for weakness in cancelling her trip to Taiwan (if that is in fact what is happening). Yet, had she in fact gone to Taiwan, you would be blasting her for fomenting tension between the U.S. and China.

Incorrect. If she had gone to Taiwan, it would have been one of the few things that she's done that I approved of.

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011
Her initial decision to go to Taiwan was selfish and uninformed. She wanted to take a tour for her legacy—I forget where I heard that term used. Regardless, her trip to Taiwan would serve no purpose and she should have understood the risk. She is an outgoing Speaker (probably) who apparently was not given any mandate from the admin while risking the wrath of the CCP.

The bigger problem is that now she looks like she caved to CCP threats. Now our entire admin looks weak. She wanted a trip and screwed the pooch.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
She dropped it from the published itinerary. Great message to send along with AF and Ukraine. Our Biden foreign policy is as good as Biden’s domestic policy

Oh wow, that's surprising. NOT!

In fact, in a response to Chi's "buckle-up" post two days ago, I said "what she should do is go. What she will do is suddenly discover that her schedule is too busy to make that stop."

After years of concocting delusional lies about Trump being a Russian puppet, a line which even now the Useful Idiots swallow on cue, it's Dem-Media's senile President who turns out to be the tool of a foreign power, only the one in Beijing rather than Moscow. Yeah, just call him Beijing's Bitch.

I mean, seriously, this is a terrible look: the shriveled old hag, Dem-Media's second most powerful political figure after its senile figurehead in the White House, makes plans to visit Taiwan. The Chicoms huff and puff...and the plan is cancelled.

Meanwhile, General White Rage and his Woke Pentagon had gone to the trouble of devising options for ensuring Pelosi's security. Oh well. Now they can go back to more familiar missions like rooting out imaginary white supremacists in the ranks and shipping weapons to the Ukies for the undeclared proxy war against Russia.

It seems that everyone has contempt for Senile Joe, for the people pulling his strings, and for the Woke regime in Washington that hates the citizenry and history of its own country.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

These Democrats are doing irreparable damage to this country. What a stupid thing to do.

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
Trump would be clutch in these situations. He’d tell the CCP, as much as I despise Pelosi, I’ll turn Beijing into a parking lot if one hair on her head is harmed.

Reactions: Ski

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011
There is one, and only one, idiot here. Her name is Nancy pelosi.

she was acting inconsistent with the executive branch, which controls foreign policy, inconsistent with us policy for the last couple decades, and at a time of great foreign policy sensitivity.
Agreed. Her trip apparently was her own deal, a curtain call of sorts. It had no official purpose, unless she was taking hubby along to get stock tips. She should have known the CCP would draw a red line. She was going to cross that red line for no known reason. Stupid? Brazen? Naive? Age related cognitive problems?

junior1

May 29, 2001

so reference your "B". So would obli be wrong on either of your options? she really did/will either cave or will foment tension. She got herself into this, and didn't leave herself good options.

Last edited:

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
so reference your "B". So would obli be wrong on either of your options? she really did/will either cave or will foment tension. She got herself into this, and didn't leave herself good options.
Look, I'll grant that she blundered here if she announced she was going and then does not in fact go. It creates the impression that she is caving to pressure from the Chicoms. But my point remains that the cons here would have criticized her whether she went or not, no matter WHAT she said before or after.

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
Look, I'll grant that she blundered here if she announced she was going and then does not in fact go. It creates the impression that she is caving to pressure from the Chicoms. But my point remains that the cons here would have criticized her whether she went or not, no matter WHAT she said before or after.

And you criticize Republicans whatever they say or do, Sparky.

Reactions: bison13 and Dzapper

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
Agreed. Her trip apparently was her own deal, a curtain call of sorts. It had no official purpose, unless she was taking hubby along to get stock tips. She should have known the CCP would draw a red line. She was going to cross that red line for no known reason. Stupid? Brazen? Naive? Age related cognitive problems?
just profoundly irresponsible.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Pelosi should go. My guess is that they'll either say she didn't have time or that Taiwan asked her not to come. No way can she concede that she backed down to China.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
There is one, and only one, idiot here. Her name is Nancy pelosi.

she was acting inconsistent with the executive branch, which controls foreign policy, inconsistent with us policy for the last couple decades, and at a time of great foreign policy sensitivity.
None of her business at all. Foreign policy is the prerogative of the President. I can only guess that her planning to go was some form of selfish tourism or an effort to make her period of time in Congress look more distinguished and important than it has been in the area of foreign relations.

Reactions: Aardvark86 and Ski

Pardlion

Nov 10, 2014

Correct. She should have checked with State Dept., or someone actually in charge of foreign affairs, before she scheduled this politically risky, pointless trip. Typical stupid, entitled California lefty.

In the future, I suggest she sticks to insider trading. She’s good at that.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Update linked below. The old hag is keeping the Chicoms guessing as they threaten unspecified military action:

crazyivan77

Dec 7, 2007

FZE4K_pWQAM38XT

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
so now, CNN is reporting, that pelosi is going to Taiwan but took it off of her itinerary. last night, they were reporting that Biden's admin recommended against her going and that she didn't seek alignment with the white house before planning the trip.

Ouch.

Reactions: bison13 and GSPMax

GSPMax

Jun 21, 2018
so now, CNN is reporting, that pelosi is going to Taiwan but took it off of her itinerary. last night, they were reporting that Biden's admin recommended against her going and that she didn't seek alignment with the white house before planning the trip.

Ouch.
Come on man give her a break. She just wants to do a little early Christmas shopping at bargain prices.

bdgan

May 29, 2008

Ouch.
I think she should go to Taiwan but it's bad that she didn't coordinate with the White House.

We simply can't allow China to dictate our foreign policy.

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) holds 56% of the Global Semiconductor Foundry market(Q4 2021). It manufactures all kinds of chips, from simple to complicated to technology bound. It is currently the company that the world is relying on for chips. TSMC manufactures chips for various companies which don’t manufacture chips but design them, such as Qualcomm Inc and Apple Inc.

Sl. No Countries Market Share Q4 2021
1 Taiwan 65%
2 South Korea 15%
3 United States 7%
4 China 6%
5 Others 7%

Source: CounterPointResearch, tsmc, semiconductors.org, etc.

Reactions: bison13

BUFFALO LION

Oct 4, 2001
So if Obli is in fact wrong and Pelosi proceeds with her trip, we can count on you to STFU, right?

Pelosi should have never, stupidly, announced the trip in the first place unless she was drop dead sure she was going. If she doesn’t go, we know that that Xi phone call with Biden last week was an a$$ whipping where Xi gave Biden his marching orders.

Unlike Trump, where every phone call was pretty much public knowledge, this one is almost impossible to get any official read out on. Indications are that Biden, as expected, caved on just about everything. That’s what happens when your President has been compromised and is a mole for your most dangerous adversary.

Thanks to this Pelosi fiasco, Taiwan is now toast.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Pelosi should have never, stupidly, announced the trip in the first place unless she was drop dead sure she was going. If she doesn’t go, we know that that Xi phone call with Biden last week was an a$$ whipping where Xi gave Biden his marching orders.

Unlike Trump, where every phone call was pretty much public knowledge, this one is almost impossible to get any official read out on. Indications are that Biden, as expected, caved on just about everything. That’s what happens when your President has been compromised and is a mole for your most dangerous adversary.

Thanks to this Pelosi fiasco, Taiwan is now toast.

The Chicom readout of the phone call was downright insulting to Senile Joe. Reading the tea leaves, it was a very one-sided lengthy exchange which could be boiled down to Xi telling Senile Joe: "Phuck with us and we'll make you pay."

Reports this morning suggest movement of both U.S. and Chinese military assets toward Taiwan. The Chicoms have declared a military "exercise" in the South China Sea to last the whole week. Meanwhile, the Chicom rhetoric is shrill to the point of hysterical.

I'd be amazed if Pelosi goes ahead with the visit in this environment, though there have been a number of anonymous sources this morning quoted as saying it's definitely on, with her aircraft due to land in Taipei on Tuesday evening (Taiwan time...12 hours ahead of Washington).

The world is going to hell in a handbasket, and none of it would be happening if Bad Orange Man were still in the White House. The weakness and decadence we've seen from Dem-Media and its Wokeist allies summon contempt from our enemies, foster fatal errors of judgment, and invite aggression.

Last edited:

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
The Chicom readout of the phone call was downright insulting to Senile Joe. Reading the tea leaves, it was a very one-sided lengthy exchange which could be boiled down to Xi telling Senile Joe: "Phuck with us and we'll make you pay."

Reports this morning suggest movement of both U.S. and Chinese military assets toward Taiwan. The Chicoms have declared a military "exercise" in the South China Sea to last the whole week. Meanwhile, the Chicom rhetoric is shrill to the point of hysterical.

I' be amazed if Pelosi goes ahead with the visit in this environment, though there have been a number of anonymous sources this morning quoted as saying it's definitely on, with her aircraft due to land in Taipei on Tuesday evening (Taiwan time...12 hours ahead of Washington).

The world is going to hell in a handbasket, and none of it would be happening if Bad Orange Man were still in the White House. The weakness and decadence we've seen from Dem-Media and its Wokeist allies summon contempt from our enemies, foster fatal errors of judgment, and invite aggression.
Agreed. And she put Biden in a mess

maypole

May 9, 2022
Turns out you, Jerry and your fellow fascists are wrong, as always. Taiwan and US say the trip is on to Taiwan. Jump-to-conclusions-always-wrong Oblivious is trying to backtrack and now the fascists are going to say she shouldn’t have gone, as it‘s too dangerous.

JR4PSU

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
SE PA

I'd be amazed if Pelosi goes ahead with the visit in this environment, though there have been a number of anonymous sources this morning quoted as saying it's definitely on, with her aircraft due to land in Taipei on Tuesday evening (Taiwan time...12 hours ahead of Washington).

I happen to believe that she should go. The reason we are having to deal with this is Biden's previous feckless handling of Russia wrt Ukraine. Biden blinked at every threat Putin gave. Xi has learned well that all needs be done is threaten Biden and he folds like a lawn chair. And Biden's continuing to cower is to invite even more of this type behavior. Next will be Kim Jong Un. Then Iran. Then ...

Biden needs to stand ground and not give into threats by anyone else otherwise we will be walked upon by every Fascist dictator across the globe. The word will be out that you can get anything you want now with Biden at the helm. It needs to stop now. Biden basically gave Putin the green light to invade Ukraine with his making a distinction between an "incursion" vs an "invasion", suggesting our response would be limited with a "minor incursion". Then not doing anything after the invasion that might "upset" Putin. The word is out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Update linked below. The old hag is keeping the Chicoms guessing as they threaten unspecified military action:

Wait, wut?! I thought you cons had told us that Pelosi "caved" and cancelled her trip to Taiwan. Isn't that what this whole thread was about? Read the thread title.

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
Wait, wut?! I thought you cons had told us that Pelosi "caved" and cancelled her trip to Taiwan. Isn't that what this whole thread was about? Read the thread title.

This is a typical schitt show by the Biden administration. Give it some time, and the White House will issue a statement cleaning up Biden's mess again.

Reactions: Jerry and Ski