ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Montoursville's Hoffman is going back to 197 for the OSU

creamery freak

Jul 26, 2014
Nice Mitch Rupert article from the Williamsport Sun Gazette on local wrestler, Gavin Hoffman and his try at 184 and Hwt. He is now moving back to his more natural weight of 197, while gaining strength and confidence. I definitely will root for this kid with the exception being his match was going to decide the OSU - PSU dual.:)
https://www.sungazette.com/sports/l...-finding-confidence-with-move-to-197-for-osu/

Gavin had a big win today over Chase Singletary in Ohio State wrestle-offs at 197. Singletary BTW had a very nice off-season by winning U23 World Team Trials. Happy for Gavin as he had a really rough season last year for whatever reason.

Gavin had a big win today over Chase Singletary in Ohio State wrestle-offs at 197. Singletary BTW had a very nice off-season by winning U23 World Team Trials. Happy for Gavin as he had a really rough season last year for whatever reason.

He was trying to find a spot into the lineup last year while waiting for 197 to vacate and was way too big for 184 and way too small for 285.

Nice Mitch Rupert article from the Williamsport Sun Gazette on local wrestler, Gavin Hoffman and his try at 184 and Hwt. He is now moving back to his more natural weight of 197, while gaining strength and confidence. I definitely will root for this kid with the exception being his match was going to decide the OSU - PSU dual.:)
https://www.sungazette.com/sports/l...-finding-confidence-with-move-to-197-for-osu/
Whether 197 was the decider or not - and it won’t be - I’m a Beard backer.

I gotta give Hoffman a little credit here. The past couple years his body was just sloppy. You can tell he's lived in the wr and maybe changed up his diet. He is a HUGE 197. Not very quick but oh well. He transformed his body. Good for him.

Hmm...sounds like Carson Kharchla may have torn his ACL and that is why he did not wrestle. Definitely throws a wrench in 165lbs. Hate to see that happen...

• Wow
Reactions: nerfstate
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT