ADVERTISEMENT

Looking forward to the 2024 Olympic Trials at Penn State!

Psalm 1 guy

Nov 3, 2019
In an interview after the Trials with USA Wrestling Executive Director Rich Bender he confirmed the 2024 Trials will be at Penn State. Attending is definitely on my bucket list. It will be exciting to see what crop of younger wrestlers and veterans will wrestle. Taylor has said he plans on wrestling at least through 2024. I think it more probable than not that Dake, Gilman and Snyder will still be wrestling. I am unsure about Oliver. Ironically, 20-year-old Steveson might be the least likely to try again in 2024. He is such a great talent that it would be a shame to see him not continue wrestling. For the ladies, Maroulis (if no additional concussion issues) may stick around through 2024. Based on their respective ages, it is my guess all the lady champions will stick around. The only question for me is if Adeline Gray will stick around. I'm also really looking forward to what current and future college wrestlers will be attempting to make the team in 2024. Fun stuff!

Holy crap, good luck with this!

I get evicerated when I wander 6 months into the future from time to time. 3 years? Some of us will be dead by then. The longest term items on my agenda are being excited to watching this year's Olympics, landing Bouzakis and Grifith, and whatching the buildup to next year's national championship run with us starting the year slight underdogs, and becoming the favorites by Bigs.

ADVERTISEMENT