ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for advice

WFB1948

Sep 27, 2021
Hello all,
I'm a new member and thought maybe someone on the board could help me out. I am a season ticket holder. I will be bring two men to the game this Saturday. Both these guys are physically and mentally challenged. They have a hard time walking any long distance. My parking pass in in 34 yellow. I was able to exchange my tickets for tickets in the ADA, ground level, area. My challenge now is to secure reserved parking so they are closer to the stadium. Both these guys have never been to a college football game. Being at the stripe-out this Saturday would be an experience they would never forget. I'm asking if anyone might have a reserved parking pass they would not be using. Or, if anyone can make a suggestion as to how I may secure a reserved pass, please let me know. Please email billb671@verizon.net. Thank you...

Thanks for the advice. At the time I exchanged my tickets they informed me all the handicap parking was taken.
Thanks for responding...

Call the ticket office. I will be shocked if they can’t get you handicapped parking. After my dad had a stroke (early 90’s) they couldn’t have been more helpful in switching seats and parking pass.
That's Bud Meredith era, times they have a'changed.

WFB, if you have an HC parking placard...
CALL the athletic office and request ADA parking for that game only....a shuttle two hrs before and after the game will provided to & from the stadium.
OR​
Call the ATHLETIC OFFICE and ask for options concerning your HC issues

You can look on the Ticket Exchange for reserved parking..

Reactions: psu00
Thanks for the advice. At the time I exchanged my tickets they informed me all the handicap parking was taken.
Thanks for responding...
Was the ticket office referring to "reserved HC Parking" being full OR "General HC parking" also full?

If you can purchase a parking pass for Lot 12, next to ADA KATZ parking you may be able to catch the HC SHUTTLE to the stadium if your companions can walk a couple of hundred feet to KATZ or Park Ave

Last edited:
Hello all,
I'm a new member and thought maybe someone on the board could help me out. I am a season ticket holder. I will be bring two men to the game this Saturday. Both these guys are physically and mentally challenged. They have a hard time walking any long distance. My parking pass in in 34 yellow. I was able to exchange my tickets for tickets in the ADA, ground level, area. My challenge now is to secure reserved parking so they are closer to the stadium. Both these guys have never been to a college football game. Being at the stripe-out this Saturday would be an experience they would never forget. I'm asking if anyone might have a reserved parking pass they would not be using. Or, if anyone can make a suggestion as to how I may secure a reserved pass, please let me know. Please email billb671@verizon.net. Thank you...
Here are ADA passes for each game. The guy wants $100 for this Saturday but his only contact is email and I won't ever contact someone on Craigslist without a phone number as they are often scams. However, If I were in your predicament I may make an exception.

I offer you heartfelt applause for your unselfish act. While I would anticipate the men you bring to the game will truly enjoy it and result in many fond memories for them, it will ultimately pale in comparison to the joy you will receive for a relatively simple act of kindness.

When I was a teenager, I volunteered two summers at a camp for mentally handicapped children and adults. That experience has had a lifelong effect on me and prompted me to a pursue a career in healthcare. I am honored to have served the "campers" as we affectionately called the residents. I'm sure you feel the same...

Hello all,
A post just appeared about handicapped parking passes: PSUeng.

I have 4 remaining game handicap parking passes. I am no longer bringing anyone up who needs handicap parking. Two years ago, I was told to park in the east deck since I am not handicap. If anyone in the Harrisburg would prefer these to their regular pass. I will trade these. Thanks

Mods, if this is not permitted please delete

Strange how life works sometimes.

Hello all,
If you live near Harrisburg, I have a handicap pass for trade. Next 4 games. or other arrangment

If you live near Harrisburg, I have a handicap pass for trade. Next 4 games. or other arrangment
I do live near Harrisburg. When you say trade what are you thinking? Also, what gate is closest to the pass?
Thanks for reaching out.

I do live near Harrisburg. When you say trade what are you thinking? Also, what gate is closest to the pass?
Thanks for reaching out.
I will take your parking pass and give you my ADA parking pass. Look at the ADA parking areas. They are next to Shields and the IM building. They are typically open if you arrive early. There is a lot farther away. I have never been there. All have shuttles to the game. not reserved but very close to the stadium

Penn State could easily provide a Shuttle Service for those having difficulty walking from the two Public Bus Stops to the stadium gates of a cost of $1,800 per game.
The CATA and Fullington Gameday Shuttle Busses provide a great service for 25,000 passengers per season, but Penn State does not want to rent 12 golf carts to shuttle passengers from the these two Bus Stops to the stadium gates. The golf carts rent for $150. each. Penn State already rents 20 - 30 or more golf carts for each game to shuttle fans, why not provide a Service for those who have difficulty walking from these two bus stops to the stadium gates

I will take your parking pass and give you my ADA parking pass. Look at the ADA parking areas. They are next to Shields and the IM building. They are typically open if you arrive early. There is a lot farther away. I have never been there. All have shuttles to the game. not reserved but very close to the stadium
Thank you all for your advice. Over the years I have been proud to be an alum on Penn State university.

Reactions: rudedude
Hello all,
Thank you all for reaching out and giving me sound advice. I have always been proud to be an Alum of Penn State University. Receiving the responses I have has taken my appreciation for the University, and Penn Staters, to a new level.
A gentleman has offered to donate a reserved parking spot in lot 17 (grass lot north of the stadium). Thank you Jim.
With all the division and anger we see in the world today it is so reassuring to know that there are many people with a good heart and an open hand to support those less fortunate. Again, thank you all.
We Are....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT