ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for a reasonable place to stay on football weekends?

belizediver

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2001
Several years ago @tgar discovered a hidden gem in the Centre Mills B & B and we've been staying there ever since. Built in the early 1800's and owned and operated by the lovely Maria. It's about 25 miles east of PSU. She fills up for most football weekends, but I know she has rooms left for early games and Maryland as well. 814-349-8000

Reactions: step.eng69
One might also consider any of the local B&B type sites. They're right in, or around, town and, probably, a lot cheaper. Cf., for example, "Statecations.com" for one.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
81Ry87RaDuL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm being raped for graduation next year for nearly $1000 for one F***ing night at a state college hotel. I personally think that is a violation of the under the Price Gouging law. For a football weekend, the tent above is the best alternative.

Airbnb/vrbo didn’t look bad when I checked last. Thankfully a friend moved back to state college to work for the school.

Check out air bnb's and other such sites. Have a neighbor that does it. Full basement apartment for way cheaper than the hotels. I don't know how it works though, if it's first come first serve or bids or what. There are bound to be vacancies within reasonable driving distance for games or graduations. There's a full service BnB in Mac's Fort called McBurney Manor. I buy bread from them but I don't know what they charge for rooms. Place looks great. Half hour or less from SC.

Lewistown or Huntingdon are other options, there are new hotel(s) going up in those areas, again 35-40 minutes from SC on a non-game day.

https://mcburneymanor.com/

Reactions: Judge Smails

If you stay at the motels in Huntingdon, Pa. Roundtrip bus is $25.00, a great deal. Many other options in Huntingdon VRBO and lodges at Raystown Lake. On Sunday go for a cruise on the Lake on the Proud Mary Cruise ship 1 1/2 hours for $10.00. The cruise boat is located off Route 26 at The Resort on Raystown Lake. www.raystownresort.com.
Fullington Bus has different pickup and drop-off points in Huntingdon.

Reactions: Judge Smails
I'm being raped for graduation next year for nearly $1000 for one F***ing night at a state college hotel. I personally think that is a violation of the under the Price Gouging law. For a football weekend, the tent above is the best alternative.

Um, yeah, you can have a house that sleeps 12 for 2 nights at nearly the same rate. rentlikeachampion.com

Several years ago @tgar discovered a hidden gem in the Centre Mills B & B and we've been staying there ever since. Built in the early 1800's and owned and operated by the lovely Maria. It's about 25 miles east of PSU. She fills up for most football weekends, but I know she has rooms left for early games and Maryland as well. 814-349-8000
I just checked the B&B out....the reviews were great. Never noticed the place as I pass by on Rt.64 heading into State College.

Reactions: belizediver
My issue about out of State College places was that it started to get tough to make the 6 hour drive on Friday into the area and then go back and forth from an out of town motel (Clearfield has some cheap places) a couple of times over the weekend to spend time in State College. It's one reason we gave up our tickets.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT