ADVERTISEMENT

Lodging in Reading

Shiniquiet

Aug 5, 2012
The Mrs. and I plan to visit relatives in the Laureldale section of Reading next Friday. We would like to stay over someplace Friday night but I'm not familiar with Reading at all. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for a nice motel that is modestly priced and located in or near Laureldale? Thanks

The Mrs. and I plan to visit relatives in the Laureldale section of Reading next Friday. We would like to stay over someplace Friday night but I'm not familiar with Reading at all. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for a nice motel that is modestly priced and located in or near Laureldale? Thanks
Don’t do it.

I'd recommend the Berkshire Mall area. A Hampton and Residence Inn are there. Generally, they are nice. Many decent places to eat. Shopping if you need something. Easy access to Laureldale on Rt 12. If the Reading Phils are in town, check it out. Best ballpark in baseball. First Energy Stadium

Reactions: FHSPSU67
I swear this board gets harder to read every day. I usually don't post but come on, the Reading area is big and there's lots of places that are nice beyond the city. West Reading has great nightlife, and Wyomissing is one of the most desirable towns in the entire state. I'm sorry if I'm coming across as rude but some of you need to step outside of your bubble.

the old Abraham Lincoln hotel maybe you will see Andre the Giant passed out drunk in the lobby....

Reactions: joeaubie21
Can’t recommend accommodations but I would encourage going to the Saucony Creek Franklin Station Brewpub for lunch. Beautiful architecture as it’s in an old train station. Just make sure to get out of the area by dark.

I swear this board gets harder to read every day. I usually don't post but come on, the Reading area is big and there's lots of places that are nice beyond the city. West Reading has great nightlife, and Wyomissing is one of the most desirable towns in the entire state. I'm sorry if I'm coming across as rude but some of you need to step outside of your bubble.
Reading is horrible if you go a block or two in the wrong direction.

If you want to go downtown, try The Peanut Bar for dinner. Wienerschnitzel is great. Make reservations and park in back.
Be careful around that area, not at that address but if you wander it can get sketchy. My wife and I ate there, walked to the concert hall, then walked back to the garage. We went app 1,2 blocks in the wrong way and walked into a stake out lol.

I'd recommend the Berkshire Mall area. A Hampton and Residence Inn are there. Generally, they are nice. Many decent places to eat. Shopping if you need something. Easy access to Laureldale on Rt 12. If the Reading Phils are in town, check it out. Best ballpark in baseball. First Energy Stadium
Ended up making reservations at the Hampton. A little pricer than I thought but no big deal. Thanks to all for the input,

I grew up there. The city itself is not desirable, but the surrounding areas are great. Very familiar with where you are staying and there are tons of restaurants (Outback, Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday's, Buca, Texas Roadhouse, Chilli's, Mission BBQ, Red Lobster, and Smokey Bones within a 1-2 mile drive.

Also, tons of shopping around there too within the same distance. As for Laureldale, you will just take 222 up to route 61. It's a 10 minute highway drive. Enjoy!

Our daughter and her family live in the area. We have stayed numerous times at the Hilton Doubletree. It’s a lovely hotel with nice restaurant/ bar.

Don’t go wondering the streets at night but we’ e Never had any problems. Big parking garage attached.

We’ll be there again in a few weeks.

Our daughter and her family live in the area. We have stayed numerous times at the Hilton Doubletree. It’s a lovely hotel with nice restaurant/ bar.

Don’t go wondering the streets at night but we’ e Never had any problems. Big parking garage attached.

We’ll be there again in a few weeks.
I also would stay at the Doubletree numerous times. It’s a nice hotel.

I would frequent a bar called the Ugly Oyster within walking distance of the Doubletree. If I recall correctly, they disassembled a bar in Ireland and shipped the materials to Reading to be used to build the Ugly Oyster. Btw, it’s got the biggest urinal I’ve ever seen. Lol.

I also would stay at the Doubletree numerous times. It’s a nice hotel.

I would frequent a bar called the Ugly Oyster within walking distance of the Doubletree. If I recall correctly, they disassembled a bar in Ireland and shipped the materials to Reading to be used to build the Ugly Oyster. Btw, it’s got the biggest urinal I’ve ever seen. Lol.
Speaking of urinals, there's a bar in Reading called Stanley's that's legendary. Actually, I'm not sure it still exists. Anyway, aside from a rule that banned women from the bar area, it also had a trough that ran along the front of the bar that the men could piss in so they didn't have to leave the bar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT