ADVERTISEMENT

Locksley to UMD is bad news for PSU

Oh, I see that you’ve been keeping up with the news, too.

Yea, as you know it’s not hard to do in this part of MD. LOL
Last rumor I heard was there is supposed to be another pretty big layoff at Underarmour later this mont so we’ll see.
The one earlier in the year ax’d a lot of their graphic dept. that’s how I knew about it. The graphic design and print industry is kind of incestuous.

I want no part of Canada and his smoke and mirror fly sweep based offense. We figured that craptastic offense out in the second half of the 2016 game and that was with an nfl to be RB, QB, OL and WR.
He is completely overrated.
SEC figured him out quickly but LSU never has a good QB so I'm not sure what to think there. He's an ok OC, but I'm not sure he does anything for PSU.

Reactions: BBrown
PSU lost a lot of recruits today.

"e-e-ee-e-ee-ee-e-e".

Colony+1.6+GPF+Round+Two-Piece+Toilet+%2528Seat+Not+Included%2529.jpg

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Maryland is a sleeping giant and a major threat to PSU once it gets going.

Again, this is something everybody said about Durkin as well and it never came to fruition. Maryland is no sleeping giant and this hire won't matter.

Yea, as you know it’s not hard to do in this part of MD. LOL
Last rumor I heard was there is supposed to be another pretty big layoff at Underarmour later this mont so we’ll see.
The one earlier in the year ax’d a lot of their graphic dept. that’s how I knew about it. The graphic design and print industry is kind of incestuous.

I have also heard about an additional layoff at Under Armour (UA) too (I have friends and work colleagues who work at UA and others who know people that work at UA). I also know that investors/analysts/employees have questioned Kevin Plank's future at Under Armour by saying that he is not experienced enough, or receptive to change, in order to continue to lead a multi-billion dollar global company, and that he should turn the company over to an experienced executive for a change in direction and culture. There is an urban legend within the hallways of UA where several years ago, one of UA's key apparel and design executives initially brought up the recommendation for UA to move into the Athleisure space and Kevin Plank responded strongly with "No, athleisure is a fad, it will go away soon, and UA is a sports apparel company, not a fashion company." UA is now playing catch up in the athleisure space, which is/was Kevin Plank's biggest misstep in governing UA.

I have also heard about an additional layoff at Under Armour (UA) too (I have friends and work colleagues who work at UA and others who know people that work at UA). I also know that investors/analysts/employees have questioned Kevin Plank's future at Under Armour by saying that he is not experienced enough, or receptive to change, in order to continue to lead a multi-billion dollar global company, and that he should turn the company over to an experienced executive for a change in direction and culture. There is an urban legend within the hallways of UA where several years ago, one of UA's key apparel and design executives initially brought up the recommendation for UA to move into the Athleisure space and Kevin Plank responded strongly with "No, athleisure is a fad, it will go away soon, and UA is a sports apparel company, not a fashion company." UA is now playing catch up in the athleisure space, which is/was Kevin Plank's biggest misstep in governing UA.

+1. I had heard with the first hiring of Durkin that he (Plank) wanted Frank Reich. Not sure how true that is but that was the rumor around here.

+1. I had heard with the first hiring of Durkin that he (Plank) wanted Frank Reich. Not sure how true that is but that was the rumor around here.

It is interesting that Mike Locksley did not get the Head Coaching job when he was the interim head coach after Randy Edsall was fired. The University decided to hire DJ Durkin over Mike Locksley. Multiple friends and work colleagues who went to Maryland believe that Maryland's head coaching job is toxic right now due to the recent scandal, so it would not surprise me if Maryland did not have many options. In addition, Mike Locksley does not have a stellar reputation across the country, so he may not have had many options to be a head coach too. So if you think about it, maybe Maryland and Locksley make sense for each other. Locksley will win some of the recruiting battles in the DMV, but if a recruit wants more than what Maryland can offer them, they will still go to PSU, OSU, Michigan, Alabama, Florida State, etc... Edsall and Locksley were the pioneers of the DMV to the UMD stay home movement and that was not a success for them. And wasn't Locksley the "In" for the DMV recruits (i.e. St. Frances High School) that have recently committed to play at Alabama? If that is the case, then I wonder if the path to Alabama will dry up, which leaves those St. Frances players wanting to go elsewhere (i.e. PSU or OSU) because I doubt those players will go to Maryland because they are the glitz and glamour type of recruit, hence why they went to St. Frances in the first place.

Last edited:

No, it's not. MD has over 8 million people living within an hour drive and can't sell out their 51K stadium except for games against PSU.

“I’ve got a ton of respect for Mike,” Franklin said Tuesday. “Early in my career, going to the University of Maryland, Mike and really his family kind of took me in and kind of embraced me and kind of showed me the ropes in that area. I’ve got a lot of respect for Mike.”
More please!
Almost pants wetting time!

Did Franklin win that game?
The funny thing is people bring up 4th quarter leads and losses....well no kidding, most games that are competitive are won and lost in the 4th quarter. If you win more than you lose, it's not a big deal unless you get fans who are under the impression nobody else ever loses a game in the 4th quarter. It's pretty scary actually.

Locksley 3 wins were by a total of 10 points. Literally 3 possessions from being winless as a HC!

71% of his losses are by double digits - 50%of teams scored 40 pts or more

#Maryland

Reactions: Connorpozlee
I can't wait for Locks to go Woody Hayes on someone, won't take long. Wait until the "concerned" alum find out he broke someone's nose in an argument.

You serious? The series sits at 39-2-1 for Penn State. Penn State routinely draws over 100,000 for home games. Maryland about 35,000.

The funny thing is people bring up 4th quarter leads and losses....well no kidding, most games that are competitive are won and lost in the 4th quarter. If you win more than you lose, it's not a big deal unless you get fans who are under the impression nobody else ever loses a game in the 4th quarter. It's pretty scary actually.

Except if you are Maryland against PSU. Then you are out of it by half time and hoping you can hold them in double digits.

I can't wait for Locks to go Woody Hayes on someone, won't take long. Wait until the "concerned" alum find out he broke someone's nose in an argument.

Well he's already been suspended once for punching a coach

And when you have the lead in the 4th quarter 31 straight games, all of your losses are going to be blown 4th quarter leads. Having leads in 31 straight games is pretty damn impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT