ADVERTISEMENT

Locksley to UMD is bad news for PSU

There was one guy with both the dynamic personality to recruit and the natural leadership qualities needed to build a winning program at a place like UMD. Too bad the Turtles let him go to Vandy for a shot at hiring Randy Edsall LOL. Run along now troll.

UMD is a great school close to DC and Bal

You understimate Locksleys connections in the area.

Also game day atmosphere is overrated. UMD has great facilities, ideal location, and a great student curriculum.
I live in nova, and went to the OSU-MD game a few weeks ago. The gameday atmosphere sucks and the crowd was majority OSU fans. Not sure what facilities you were referrIng to but the campus is dated and unimpressive. And college park sucks, not a nice area in the DMV. No idea how you could call it an ideal location. I will give you it’s a decent school.

I live in nova, and went to the OSU-MD game a few weeks ago. The gameday atmosphere sucks and the crowd was majority OSU fans. Not sure what facilities you were referrIng to but the campus is dated and unimpressive. And college park sucks, not a nice area in the DMV. No idea how you could call it an ideal location. I will give you it’s a decent school.

Both that campus and stadium don’t hold a candle to Penn State. Penn State is kept in pristine condition. Far different at UM. And let’s not even compare game days. Nothing impressive at UM

Reactions: N&B4PSU
They said this when Maryland hired Durkin, and Edsall. And when Friedgen had a good season while PSU was down.

And probably many times before that.

And they said this when Schiano had brief success at Rutgers.

I assume Maryland could be a good program and that would put recruiting pressure on PSU, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Also game day atmosphere is overrated. UMD has great facilities, ideal location, and a great student curriculum.
game day atmosphere is overrated and you’re selling curriculum. Interesting. (That’s the polite way of saying what you know everyone’s thinking about your logic and perspective.)

Reactions: LionJim
I love that an NU fan, of all sorts, is trolling *us*. That's just precious. I half expected a Pitt fan to come in and say something stupid, or maybe someone from Rutgers. But from Northwestern? Sheesh.

Hey, all you need to post is a computer. He provides similar entertaining posts on our website. He'll be there all week. Try the veal. Meanwhile, I wish Brohm had left and Purdue had hired a head coach with a 3-31 record.

Maryland is a sleeping giant and a major threat to PSU once it gets going.

The sleeping part I get, but "giant?" Maryland hasn't produced a single consensus top-10 team in my almost-60 years on this planet.

Reactions: psuken
The sleeping part I get, but "giant?" Maryland hasn't produced a single consensus top-10 team in my almost-60 years on this planet.

Yeah, but I do think they were in the Top Ten for a week (or maybe even two weeks) sometime back in the 1960-1999 time period!

Another great joke. Keep them coming.

“I’ve got a ton of respect for Mike,” Franklin said Tuesday. “Early in my career, going to the University of Maryland, Mike and really his family kind of took me in and kind of embraced me and kind of showed me the ropes in that area. I’ve got a lot of respect for Mike.”

I heard two MD fans call in to ESPN radio today and neither wanted Locksley...but the NU fan thinks we ought to be scared.
The big boosters at Maryland including Kevin Plank wanted Locksley. Of course these are the same boosters that hired Durkin and wanted to keep him too.

Locksley is a solid coach and recruiter. Probably as good as it’ll get under the current circumstances. But I wouldn't hire him as a head coach at a struggling program if there were other strong candidates. He’ll have successes, but not likely the sort or on the level they’re hoping for.

But who knows. Good luck to him and the guys who play for him.
Locksley can recruit no doubt, and he will show recruits his national championship rings from Bama...that will sway some recruits to Maryland. Nobody will go to the games....which means good luck long term. You know how screwed up of a hire this is, the previous coach was fired because one of his players died in a workout and a toxic culture...so they hired a coach who was accused of striking one of his assistant coaches while the HC at UNM.

Game day atmosphere is overrated? Why is that the programs with great game day atmospheres are the schools that are perennially nationally ranked? Maryland is a good school academically, of course all the schools in the B1G are also good schools same is true for UVA and VT too. Most schools have better facilities than Maryland too.

I live in the area, do you? I know a lot of Maryland alums do you? I think I know a little more about the situation than you do.

Reactions: BBrown
I wish There was a way to add Canada to the staff.

UMD missed the boat on not retaining Canada as HC

I want no part of Canada and his smoke and mirror fly sweep based offense. We figured that craptastic offense out in the second half of the 2016 game and that was with an nfl to be RB, QB, OL and WR.
He is completely overrated.

ADVERTISEMENT