ADVERTISEMENT

Locksley to UMD is bad news for PSU

Back in 2015 you were posting about how Durkin was going to take all of PSU’s recruits and that we should be scared. How did that work out?
I see Maryland becoming a big thorn in PSU's side over the next few years. Durkin is the real deal and after he locks down Maryland I see him going after PA.

With Kevin Plank involved we might see a Oregon in College Park which will hurt PSU.

Maryland is a sleeping giant and a major threat to PSU once it gets going.
Don’t you have a Big10 Champoinship Game to lose - oh I forgot that was already mission accomplished. Bye the way Locksley is a stiff - that actually will help our recruiting, just an FYI.

I think Locksley would be a terrible hire for MD. Horrible record at NMSU, good coaches turn things around faster than that, terrible interim record at MD, apparent abuse baggage from NMSU.

Reactions: chrisrn1965

What is your obsession with Maryland and the alleged threat that they pose to PSU football? You have posted 20 messages on this board and most are about this topic.

He'll get a few MD recruits like Pitt used to get WPIAL recruits.

But there's a reason no one has wanted him to be HC

PSU lost a lot of recruits today.
Now that the Terps got Durkin they are going to steal of PSUs recruits.

I would be worried if I was a lion fan

Keep laughing. Kevin Plank and DJ Durkin will have the Terps competing for national championships within 3-5 years

I'm not hear to troll. Even Adam Rittenberg talked about what low hanging fruit Maryland is. DJ Durkin is a very good hire and I think he's going to really make things hard for Franklin.

Kevin Plank for those who don't know is the CEO and founder of Under Armor and a former terp football player. He is worth billions

I see Maryland becoming a big thorn in PSU's side over the next few years. Durkin is the real deal and after he locks down Maryland I see him going after PA.

With Kevin Plank involved we might see a Oregon in College Park which will hurt PSU.

PSU lost a lot of recruits today.
3-31 as a HC Locksley to our south, Ash to the east and Dooz to the west.
shaking-in-my-little-space-boots.jpg

I live in Maryland, my wife is a Maryland alum, her family all went to Maryland, have plenty of friends and co-workers who went to Maryland. Ever since Len Bias died in 1986 I have been hearing how the following coaches were going to turn it around:

Joe Krivak
Mark Dufner
Ron Vanderlinden
Ralph Friegen
Randy Edsall
DJ Durkin

Aside for a few good years and a few more mediocre years, I am still waiting for the turnaround. Problem is nobody goes to Maryland games. The elite recruits in the DMV area are still going to go to PSU, OSU, Mich, ALA, Clem etc because there is no comparison to the game day atmosphere. Mike Locksley is not going to fix that. He will get a few recruits initially, nothing will change and then he too will be fired in 4 years.

I live in Maryland, my wife is a Maryland alum, her family all went to Maryland, have plenty of friends and co-workers who went to Maryland. Ever since Len Bias died in 1986 I have been hearing how the following coaches were going to turn it around:

Joe Krivak
Mark Dufner
Ron Vanderlinden
Ralph Friegen
Randy Edsall
DJ Durkin

Aside for a few good years and a few more mediocre years, I am still waiting for the turnaround. Problem is nobody goes to Maryland games. The elite recruits in the DMV area are still going to go to PSU, OSU, Mich, ALA, Clem etc because there is no comparison to the game day atmosphere. Mike Locksley is not going to fix that. He will get a few recruits initially, nothing will change and then he too will be fired in 4 years.
I heard two MD fans call in to ESPN radio today and neither wanted Locksley...but the NU fan thinks we ought to be scared.

You obviously know little about DMV recruiting. UMD couldn't be further off the radar for major recruits (especially in NoVA). They may climb out of the cellar in a few years but it will have little to no effect on PSU, OSU, VT, etc.

Reactions: psuken and AWS1022

Joe Krivak
Mark Dufner
Ron Vanderlinden
Ralph Friegen
Randy Edsall
DJ Durkin

Locksley is a solid coach and recruiter. Probably as good as it’ll get under the current circumstances. But I wouldn't hire him as a head coach at a struggling program if there were other strong candidates. He’ll have successes, but not likely the sort or on the level they’re hoping for.

But who knows. Good luck to him and the guys who play for him.

And you realize UMD isn’t PSU and never will be? Weak trolling coming back 3 years later with the same schtick for a different coach. Up your game then try again.

UMD is a great school close to DC and Bal

Joe Krivak
Mark Dufner
Ron Vanderlinden
Ralph Friegen
Randy Edsall
DJ Durkin

You understimate Locksleys connections in the area.

Also game day atmosphere is overrated. UMD has great facilities, ideal location, and a great student curriculum.

Locklsey is a terrible coach and although he has a reputation as a formidable recruiter that is only true insofar as he doesn’t get caught distributing the $ to his targets

Reactions: psuken and TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT