ADVERTISEMENT

Lock Haven - Most intriguing matchup…

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
It’s almost here! Psyched for the start of the season!
It seems the most interesting matchup in week 1 is Robbie vs #13 Anthony Noto. I don’t know a ton about Noto apart from his beating Hildebrandt at NCAAs last year. Seems like a nice early test for Robbie. What do people think about it? Predictions? Analysis?

WE ARE!!!

I totally get the I just hope he’s healthy sentiment. I’m a little anxious about his injury history as well. That said, let’s just say for the sake of discussion that he’s healthy and ready to go Friday.

What do people think about how this matchup will go down?

I totally get the I just hope he’s healthy sentiment. I’m a little anxious about his injury history as well. That said, let’s just say for the sake of discussion that he’s healthy and ready to go Friday.

A healthy Robbie takes him out. No doubt. A few people mentioning Noto, tall and lanky..not the case. Hildenbrandt was tall and lanky, Noto wasn’t near as tall unless I’m misremembering

A healthy Robbie takes him out. No doubt. A few people mentioning Noto, tall and lanky..not the case. Hildenbrandt was tall and lanky, Noto wasn’t near as tall unless I’m misremembering
I must be thinking about someone else. I usually gauge bulldoggish to tommosello lol pretty sure noto is taller than that but I'm also thinking he wasn't as tall as hildi either

Hearing Robbie still isn't 100% with the shoulder. Wille even mentioned this

If healthy and conditioned, Robbie by 4.

I think I remember Noto as short but built like the cartoon Tasmania Devil. We’ll see later this week.

Noto is no joke and he is tall and lanky from what I remember. He keeps himself in matches. Should be a good test for robbie
Not sure if Noto is tall and lanky but I do know he was registered for the Princeton open but did not show. Deduce from that what you will. :)

Quick question about our season tickets. Do they include both duals at the BJC (Michigan and Iowa)? I go in with four people and the season ticket holder thinks we need to purchase one or two of the duals at the BJC...Any information would really be appreciated.

Quick question about our season tickets. Do they include both duals at the BJC (Michigan and Iowa)? I go in with four people and the season ticket holder thinks we need to purchase one or two of the duals at the BJC...Any information would really be appreciated.
BJC duals are part of the season ticket package and should come with a parking pass, at least they always have in the past.

Penn State Athletics sent an email about purchasing extra BJC tickets to loyal supporters of its student athletes. This may present an opportunity for people who need extra BJC tickets.

This loyal supporter will receive an email the morning of November 9 and November 16 containing a promo code and purchase link.

Does anyone have any predictions regarding which PSU starters will sit this one out?

We can't really anticipate seeing all 5 of our returning champs + Kerk in the lineup... right?

Haven't seen any leaked results from wrestle-offs in the posts yet this year. Any "insiders" want to drop 125, 157 & 165 hints? RBY going at 133 or taking a break?

Reactions: diggerpup
Noto is no joke and he is tall and lanky from what I remember. He keeps himself in matches. Should be a good test for robbie
Not particularly tall, but not as short and wide as, say, NaTo.

zW7v23Q.jpg

Reactions: danoftw
No Howard this year. Steen going at 125 and bentancourt is not in program.
Regarding Howard, you know something or is this a guess?

Nevermind. Just read the update in another thread.☹

Last edited:
It will be a good measuring stick for Steen. On paper it would be an upset if he were to win vs Noto, though stranger things have happened. As Cael said, he's got the tools. My initial thought is that he has to keep it close early. Builds confidence and gets the crowd into the bout.

ADVERTISEMENT