ADVERTISEMENT

LMAO - GA Tech's Johnson's "I'll take the high road on that one."

Johnson is full of crap about cut blocking. It's dirty football IMO.

Nice shot at Pitt though.

They'll give Johnson the benefit of the doubt because he's a good guy. I can't wait for the day they hate JF more than Joe.

Burn-Meme-6.jpg

Cut blocking is not illegal, but chop blocking is. Quite frequently teams that run the triple option or a modern day version of it, as Ga Tech does, a cut block is used. While it may be dirty football to you, it is not illegal football.
For what it's worth (I live in ACC country and follow it), there are other coaches who sometimes gripe about Ga Tech's style and either infer or say out right that Tech teams cross the line between cut blocking and chop blocking. Paul Johnson does not seem liked by other coaches, which doesn't bother him; he's been known to toss a few barbs toward opposing programs who speak out against the Yellow Jackets' blocking methods.

Last edited:
After Pitt fired Wanny, I thought they'd never find their perfect guy, but it looks as if they have in Nardawg.

Cut blocking is not illegal, but chop blocking is. Quite frequently teams that run the triple option or a modern day version of it, as Ga Tech does, a cut block is used. While it may be dirty football to you, it is not illegal football.
I didn't say it was illegal. I said Paul Johnson is full of crap, and he is. It's dangerous to go low and he knows it.

“Come on. We’ve played 10 years; I can’t remember anybody that’s ever gotten hurt out there playing. That’s just trying to get the officials to call something that ain’t there.”

You only have to go back to GT's bowl game

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...nson-mark-stoops-kentucky-georgia-tech-blocks

And here's an injury against his in-state rival

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT