ADVERTISEMENT

LLWS- Pennsylvania 9. South Carolina 8. Final

psu00

Jan 4, 2010
PA gives up 4 in top of 6th. Losing 8-6 going into the bottom of the 6th and score 3 runs to win it. Next game Wednesday against Texas.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Great that the kid who gave up those runs in the top half of the 6th got the game-winning hit. That team just has a bunch of mashers on it. Not many guaranteed outs in that lineup.

Love the LLWS. Fantastic games yesterday. I'm amazed at the number of these kids that can turn around mid-70 mph pitches at that distance from the mound. Goes to show you how important it is to have an off-speed pitch or something with more movement you can occasionally throw with confidence, even at that age. I think that may prove to be the achilles heel of the the kid from PA that was pitching last night. Seemed like he was going gas all the time and a couple kids from the SC team were able to barrel up on him. I also watched the Texas vs. CA game and the pitcher from Texas did a fantastic job of locating and mixing his pitches against that formidable CA line-up. I think they pulled him out with a low pitch count and he's eligible to start on the mound against the PA team Wednesday. Should be an interesting match up. Looking forward to that game.

Last edited:
My wife and I were there in Saturday and caught a couple of games. It was a neat experience, but low key because PA played Friday and was scheduled for Sunday. I'm sure that it was much more exciting/electric last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT