ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Live Thread: Penn State vs. Ohio State

Just got home (Butler County) at 3:05 am from the match. The wife awoke and asked what took so long and I pointed out three matches went into overtime.

Then I realized that this women raised two wrestler and attended hundreds upon hundreds of matches.

Then I told her I got thirsty while on campus. At the watering hole I had the privilege to meet some of the best posters on this forum. It was worth the late bedtime.

Great night of wrestling and meeting wrestling fans.

When I left the bar I had a better appreciation of ELO in rankings and somehow my new dog had a lawyer on retainer.

This forum has some good folks.

Night all!
Hey…Good move not mentioning those twins we hooked up with, 7brwn!

Those Sax girls aged beautifully, don’tcha think?

You can't review the actual fall call, though.

"Art. 4. Description. Mat-side video review may be used to confirm or reverse any call or non-call made on the mat by the official, except a fall."

You can challenge if they were out of bounds/timing/etc, but not the actual "both shoulders on the mat" call.
Sorry I wasn’t clear, I would have challenged in the Dean match not challenging the fall.

Reactions: SpikingWhamos
Just got home (Butler County) at 3:05 am from the match. The wife awoke and asked what took so long and I pointed out three matches went into overtime.

Then I realized that this women raised two wrestler and attended hundreds upon hundreds of matches.

Then I told her I got thirsty while on campus. At the watering hole I had the privilege to meet some of the best posters on this forum. It was worth the late bedtime.

Great night of wrestling and meeting wrestling fans.

When I left the bar I had a better appreciation of ELO in rankings and somehow my new dog had a lawyer on retainer.

This forum has some good folks.

Night all!
As tikk's accountant we need a check for $1,000 to retain his services to represent your dog.. pawrestlerintn needs you to make at least 10 posts in every thread defending wrestlestats rankings. LOL

Glad you got home safely.

To get take downs you have to try to get take downs, until he starts doing that he will be limited.
I understand what your saying and it has been repeated several times and I agree where beau is now isn't going to do it. My point is he is right here he needs to step over the threshold so to speak. I'm putting some faith in Cael to get him ready for bigs and nationals. I think we will see a different wrestler. Until then I agree he needs improvement

I never cut much in my years, late 80s. Sunday night after a tournament coaches decided to stop at Wendy's, back when they had all you can eat salad bar. Monday morning I was 170, I wrestled 160. Thursday we had a match. I just made weight. Had no energy, died in the 2nd and lost to a guy I beat every day of the week. Needed me to win to win the dual. Worst feeling in the world.

I never cut much in my years, late 80s. Sunday night after a tournament coaches decided to stop at Wendy's, back when they had all you can eat salad bar. Monday morning I was 170, I wrestled 160. Thursday we had a match. I just made weight. Had no energy, died in the 2nd and lost to a guy I beat every day of the week. Needed me to win to win the dual. Worst feeling in the world.
I never understood the value of proper nutrition to athletic performance until well after my wrestling days were over. It was nothing for me to drop 5+ lbs in the 24 hours before weigh-ins. Even just the concept of working out super hard the night before and day off a match to sweat it all out… just stupid. I want to go back and yell “duh” at myself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT