ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Live Thread: Penn State vs. Ohio State

Some night five years from now Manville will magically appear and fill in at 184 and someone will say, "Oh yeah, he's got ROTC and Olympic redshirts plus a few Covid years... I kinda lost track along the way, but he's actually only a junior."

Last edited:
If winning 2 matches is considered a “run” then you will be right.
I just feel like he is almost there if he gets one or two take downs he can wrestle with anybody. Let's see how he does with Lovett. I'm thinking he makes a run. This is all learning experience here

In checking wrestlestat… Hoffman has wrestled a ton of ranked guys close, but I can’t get that Beard fall out of my mind.

Agree. Not sure how you can watch BB and think he’s on the verge of a significant run. Seems to be what he is at 49; can only hope 41 is different.
I might be wrong. But I see a kid that is being tentative. He needs to win one of the close ones against a big time wrestler and it's on he needs to get over the hump

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Dean having trouble getting anything going on top highlights his lack of any TD opportunities.

A bit too close for comfort. Didn't Beard demolish Hoffman last time they wrestled?

Not Dean’s best match, but another W against another ranked guy.

Definitely a significant limp for Dean walking back to the locker room. Not sure when that happened but a good spot.

Reactions: psualt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT