ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling LIVE THREAD: Penn State vs. Michigan 1/19

Ooh ooh… I got it! Instead of awarding a half point for an escape, subtract the half point from the top wrestler!

Reactions: danoftw
Riding Time:

1 point for one minute.
1 and 1/60th for 1:01
1 and 1/30th for 1:02
1 and 1/20th for 1:03
1 and 1/15th for 1:04
1 and 1/12th for 1:05
1 and 1/10th for 1:06
1 and 7/60th for 1:07

etc.

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
I don't know why a competitor needs to shake hands right after the match. Would Kharchla gone over to Iowa's bench if he would have lost? The coaches are dealing with their wrestler coming off the mat and getting the next wrestler ready for the next match. Everybody can shake hands after the dual.
Men shake hands because there are more important things than sports. The ideal should be compete with all your might but when the whistle blows you are equals. United in your mutual love for competition and your shared humanity. It makes me sad someone would purport not to understand that and another guy would like the post simply because his favorite team cannot seem to understand sportsmanship.

Men shake hands because there are more important things than sports. The ideal should be compete with all your might but when the whistle blows you are equals. United in your mutual love for competition and your shared humanity. It makes me sad someone would purport not to understand that and another guy would like the post simply because his favorite team cannot seem to understand sportsmanship.
Well said, and I consider it extremely disrespectful to turn your back on a competitor with their hand out as a show of respect, Kharchla hadnt done anything AT ALL to draw this response (maybe he said something).

Totally classless move and I am so proud to be a fan of 4 coaches who would NEVER pull this shit.

I don't know why a competitor needs to shake hands right after the match. Would Kharchla gone over to Iowa's bench if he would have lost? The coaches are dealing with their wrestler coming off the mat and getting the next wrestler ready for the next match. Everybody can shake hands after the dual.
Iowa doesn't do the post match shake tradition very well either. Maybe M* could just tweet "good job" or "you don't like tough wrestling" to the opponents post dual.

Reactions: PASLP2 and danoftw
Well said, and I consider it extremely disrespectful to turn your back on a competitor with their hand out as a show of respect, Kharchla hadnt done anything AT ALL to draw this response (maybe he said something).

Totally classless move and I am so proud to be a fan of 4 coaches who would NEVER pull this shit.
The Brands are the perfect coaches for that program and their fan base.

Men shake hands because there are more important things than sports. The ideal should be compete with all your might but when the whistle blows you are equals. United in your mutual love for competition and your shared humanity. It makes me sad someone would purport not to understand that and another guy would like the post simply because his favorite team cannot seem to understand sportsmanship
I may not have made myself clear and totally agree with your post. I was only referring to wrestlers going to the opponent's coaches to shake hands. Win or lose I think both wrestlers should stand in the center facing each other and shake hands.

Your subscript doesn’t jibe with your post.

The post match handshake. Part of it is sportsmanship, and part of it is probably everybody wants to shake "the man's" hand.

Everybody used to make an effort to shake Gable's hand.

If you were a Pennsylvania wrestler, it was always important to shake Bob Bubb's hand.

Brands isn't Cael as far as being "the man" goes, but Tom is a three time NCAA champion and an Olympic gold medalist. Tom ain't the king, but he is wrestling royalty and he should never turn his back on an offered hand of a kid competitor.

Reactions: PASLP2
We've seen Ohio State wrestlers lose to us countless times and still jog over to shake hands.

Here's Micah walking over to our coaches after losing 16-0 to Nolf (in the midst of the most heated team race of all time) I can only make fun of Tom Ryan to a certain extent (he makes it too easy) but nobody should deny he instills excellent values in his wrestlers.

DYdCe-mX4AAI44-

Your subscript doesn’t jibe with your post.
Sure it does but because you don’t get the concept you failed to understand. In fact it is the exact same idea. Like athletics, politics should stop at the water’s edge. When someone is happy their countrymen are dying because of a perceived political difference, that is representative of not only a deep sickness in them but also the nation. One could argue that the best part of sports is teaching young people to compete to the best of their ability while simultaneously respecting their opponent. If you cannot figure out why that would be a beneficial concept in a larger sense, I am not sure what to tell you.

Sure it does but because you don’t get the concept you failed to understand. In fact it is the exact same idea. Like athletics, politics should stop at the water’s edge. When someone is happy their countrymen are dying because of a perceived political difference, that is representative of not only a deep sickness in them but also the nation. One could argue that the best part of sports is teaching young people to compete to the best of their ability while simultaneously respecting their opponent. If you cannot figure out why that would be a beneficial concept in a larger sense, I am not sure what to tell you.
No, it doesn't. Here's your subscript: "The best thing about the coronavirus is that it will leave a lot less Trump supporters." It says the opposite of what you are saying above.

Reactions: Nitt Fan
No, it doesn't. Here's your subscript: "The best thing about the coronavirus is that it will leave a lot less Trump supporters." It says the opposite of what you are saying above.
It’s so hard to speak slower on the internet. Typing slowly doesn’t even help. Yes… eddy… it is a quote from another poster. It is meant to underscore how unbelievably far we have slid when someone will cheer that their fellow countrymen who have different political viewpoints are dying. It also emphasized how hypocritical the precious moderator of the board truly was. The poster, instead of being banned from polite society, was one of the protected class on the board.

It’s so hard to speak slower on the internet. Typing slowly doesn’t even help. Yes… eddy… it is a quote from another poster. It is meant to underscore how unbelievably far we have slid when someone will cheer that their fellow countrymen who have different political viewpoints are dying. It also emphasized how hypocritical the precious moderator of the board truly was. The poster, instead of being banned from polite society, was one of the protected class on the board.
Stop with the condescension. I get the point. It wasn't clear the subscript was from another poster. It looked like it was from you.

Reactions: PAHURDLER
Stop with the condescension. I get the point. It wasn't clear the subscript was from another poster. It looked like it was from you.
May I suggest both of you go to the COVID thread? This isn’t really about the Michigan match.

Agree. Have never seen him as animated as he was when the Ref stopped the match during the escape / takedown fiasco. If you go back and watch the rape you'll see that the action isn't stopped until Michigan throws a brick (the 2nd official alerts mat official of Challenge). I think (I can't remember) Michigan used there Challenge already because Cael immediately jumps up and is yelling at mat official and continues what he is saying as he walks toward the table where officials are walking. The Ref then says it isn't a "Coach Challenge" but an "Official's Review" despite the fact that the action was stopped when Michigan threw brick.... Cael was extremely displeased with the officiating in that sequence and have rarely seen him that animated before.

Yeah, one would think there be a very simple remedy to this, such as once a team has lost a challenge they surrender the brick. Unless it is retained to help flag an injury situation the ref may not see.

If that's the case then thrown a brick after a lost challenge should deduct a team point. Problem solved.

Yeah, one would think there be a very simple remedy to this, such as once a team has lost a challenge they surrender the brick. Unless it is retained to help flag an injury situation the ref may not see.

If that's the case then thrown a brick after a lost challenge should deduct a team point. Problem solved.
Seriously you want to take brands blankey from him lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT