ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling LIVE THREAD: Penn State vs. Michigan 1/19

Also, mark me down on the Berge bandwagon. I don't think there's a 165 out there he can't hang with, dude looks solid as a rock.
Yep I agree. Nobody should be able to take him down easily and he has the speed to blast double when he needs to. He's solid all the way around

Reactions: Ezcheez
Okay, so after that HWT match I'm starting to wonder if the impossible is possible. Kerk is definitely the toughest matchup for Steveson and he's coached by the guys who have coached the only other guy to beat him.
Not a chance. Gable is bonusing everyone this year and signing autographs in the breaks.

Reactions: RB-Old
Did anyone else notice how dejected Cruiseliner Nick looked in the handshake line?? He be like, ‘I came here for this?’ 😆

He's still primarily a defensive wrestler - his offense against elite wrestlers is very average.

Reactions: Ski
Not a chance. Gable is bonusing everyone this year and signing autographs in the breaks.
There's always a chance but I'd agree that Steveson losing to anybody would be the biggest upset possible this season.

A few tidbits.

Suriano made the wrong choice. :)

He also looks drawn down to me at 125. I'll say it now, Vito beats him. Not as sure about Glory, but for darn sure he isn't walking to an individual national championship. This version of Nick would have stood no chance against even an 80% Spencer.

Just watched 3 matches with the boys. Very impressed with our guys! Again!

A few tidbits.

He also looks drawn down to me at 125. I'll say it now, Vito beats him. Not as sure about Glory, but for darn sure he isn't walking to an individual national championship. This version of Nick would have stood no chance against even an 80% Spencer.
Suriano looked very ordinary. I wonder how he’ll react to getting pressured, I doubt he has the stamina to win a shootout at 125.

We can put to bed the notion that Michigan is our top competition at nationals, lol.
Just because the Nits kicked the snot out of the Wolverines, that doesn't mean they won't be the closest to the Nits on Saturday night.
Ayala isn't an AA lock..
Now that DeSanto has been allowed back into the sandbox, he will finish high if he doesn't blow up.
Eierman isn't beating Rivera, and the question becomes how does he respond knowing at best he is a 3rd Placer.
Maxie is probably round of 12
Young, who knows.
Marinelli isn't winning that elusive title.
Kem might make the finals, but he isn't doing anything with Carter.
184 is better than our 157, but not much more in NCAA points
197 might finish 6th or worse
Hwt Tony is looking at 5 or 6th.
Probably a single finalist
A couple more in top 4.

Michigan might just slip into that runner up spot.

Reactions: PSU Yinzer
Just because the Nits kicked the snot out of the Wolverines, that doesn't mean they won't be the closest to the Nits on Saturday night.
Ayala isn't an AA lock..
Now that DeSanto has been allowed back into the sandbox, he will finish high if he doesn't blow up.
Eierman isn't beating Rivera, and the question becomes how does he respond knowing at best he is a 3rd Placer.
Maxie is probably round of 12
Young, who knows.
Marinelli isn't winning that elusive title.
Kem might make the finals, but he isn't doing anything with Carter.
184 is better than our 157, but not much more in NCAA points
197 might finish 6th or worse
Hwt Tony is looking at 5 or 6th.
Probably a single finalist
A couple more in top 4.

Michigan might just slip into that runner up spot.
I wouldn't count Kemdawg out yet. He's looked on his game. Jmo.... and YES im.posting at 5 AM. Gonna be another classic battle this year. We'll find out in one week.

A few tidbits.

I thought he looked like a guy struggling with a weight cut, maybe he was just training through though. I'm guessing making weight 2 or 3 days in a row is going to be brutal for him. Prime candidate to Marinelli the NCAA's.

Not a chance. So our guy…who was an out of shape due to blood clots…body looked nothing like his HS days and today….wrestled to 7th place Year with that mess, even scored a TD Vs Gable….and who just dominated the “can only be beaten by Gable” guy…..has no chance. Kerk was a shell of himself last year.

Guess we will see. You say no chance and I’ll go with he wins it when the NCAA championship is on the line.

ADVERTISEMENT