ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE THREAD: Penn State men's basketball hosts Nebraska

mralph59

Staff Writer
Staff
Nov 1, 2021
State College, Pennsylvania
If you're following along with tonight's matchup, drop your thoughts here in this thread. As always, I'll be tweeting out updates and analysis throughout. Penn State is a 10.5-point favorite tonight.

If you're following along with tonight's matchup, drop your thoughts here in this thread. As always, I'll be tweeting out updates and analysis throughout. Penn State is a 10.5-point favorite tonight.
Greg Lee is going through full warmups for the first time in a while. Has an ankle brace on. Will be huge for Penn State to get him back heading into end of season/tourney time.

Nebraska shooting exceptionally well and defense is a bit slow today. Need to get it under 10 by halftime

Shrews entire season has gone up in smoke. Down 29 pts with 7 minutes to go to the worst team n the conference. OMG what happened?

This is a LIVE THREAD?

There’s nothing live tonight. A team of zombies sleepwalking through a silent morgue of a home arena.

Easily their worst game of the season…..probably just showing Neb nothing on purpose and waiting for the Tournament match-up HAHA!

• Wow
Reactions: step.eng69
We are what we are... We should have never beaten Michigan State and should have never lost to Nebraska. At the end of the day we are a sub-500 team with no post-season possibilities. I would hope we can win one more before packing it in 2021-22 but the next two on the road are likely losses and could be blow outs. Then who knows who we get in the tournament. Show much for playing your best basketball at the end of the season. Why does it always seem just when you think this program is turning the corner and headed in the right direction the wheels fall off and we take two steps backwards?

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
After Neb run to start 2nd half I watched 2 episodes of Yellowstone while laying with my dogs by the fire. Much better viewing experience. Felt bad for #21...he was losing it...tough way to go out

Reactions: bison13
We are what we are... We should have never beaten Michigan State and should have never lost to Nebraska. At the end of the day we are a sub-500 team with no post-season possibilities. I would hope we can win one more before packing it in 2021-22 but the next two on the road are likely losses and could be blow outs. Then who knows who we get in the tournament. Show much for playing your best basketball at the end of the season. Why does it always seem just when you think this program is turning the corner and headed in the right direction the wheels fall off and we take two steps backwards?
Because they keep hiring unproven coaches.

Yes. Failed hire. Losing record.
So according to your logic, here are some other failed hires:
Dean Smith
John Calipari
Bob Huggins
Jay Wright
John Beilein (at both WVU and Michigan)
John Chaney
John Thompson
And we have to throw Coach K in there since he had losing seasons in years 2 and 3.

Shrews a good coach... last nights debacle not withstanding. He needs three yrs to get his guys into the system. The whole Chambers incident is still a huge blemish and PSU is lucky to have gotten Shrew. Still don’t get the Chambers saga other than PSU succumbed to the woke mob in the summer of 2020.

We have to see who returns next year but I'm not optimistic w/o a big man like Harrar. They aren't easy to come by in the portal.

Regarding players:

Sessoms, Pickett, & Lundy could be back and are solid players. D. Johnson has a nice shot and should improve but his defense has been poor.

J. Scott is a big body but he hasn't shown much.

Cornwall isn't a P5 player. I don't know about Dorsey.

Nije will see action next year because PSU doesn't have a big man. But that's asking too much from a young kid. PSU desperately needs a capable big man from the portal.

Brown might add depth at guard.

Last edited:
So according to your logic, here are some other failed hires:
Dean Smith
John Calipari
Bob Huggins
Jay Wright
John Beilein (at both WVU and Michigan)
John Chaney
John Thompson
And we have to throw Coach K in there since he had losing seasons in years 2 and 3.
Every one of those coaches took over programs with winning histories. You are what your damn record is anyway and I got facts on my side so kick rocks.

Shrews a good coach... last nights debacle not withstanding. He needs three yrs to get his guys into the system. The whole Chambers incident is still a huge blemish and PSU is lucky to have gotten Shrew. Still don’t get the Chambers saga other than PSU succumbed to the woke mob in the summer of 2020.
Your 3 years will turn into 8 years in 2024. Looking forward to you moving the goal posts on this board, until then we will just save your posts for then...

The total mishandling of the Chambers mess cost Pennstate AND was inexcusable. Almost the whole team went intothe portal. Highly paid administrators couldn't explain to a bunch of 20 year olds What they did and Why?
That's the basketball leadership at PSU

The total mishandling of the Chambers mess cost Pennstate AND was inexcusable. Almost the whole team went intothe portal. Highly paid administrators couldn't explain to a bunch of 20 year olds What they did and Why?
That's the basketball leadership at PSU
Maybe the players left as a demonstration of loyalty to Chambers.
This board constantly belittled Chambers and by extension the team.
Loyalty is a two way street.

Every one of those coaches took over programs with winning histories. You are what your damn record is anyway and I got facts on my side so kick rocks.
So they definitely were failed hires if they had losing records in their first year with a program that had a winning history. Your argument makes no sense. I would think good coaches taking over winning programs wouldn’t have a losing record in their first year.

Maybe the players left as a demonstration of loyalty to Chambers.
This board constantly belittled Chambers and by extension the team.
Loyalty is a two way street.
That's my point exactly! Chambers deserving firing is an unknown. What is known is the inability of the administration to explain clearly and believeabley the reason for his removeable. the players were upset all season but played admirably. At season end they wanted out, and a good number did!
Pennstate basketball administration stinks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT