ADVERTISEMENT

Little Round Top controlled fires!

Hey Johnny Reb General: If you just do a little charge up over this lil hill, your boys just might win this battle!

;):p;)
If they'd done that little charge a few hours earlier, things might have played out a lot differently.

Reactions: TheGLOV
They are doing a much better job of keeping the battlefield as it was in 1863. At the time of the battle little roundtop had recently had the western and northern sides cleared of lumber and was open albeit rocky ground while the southern and eastern sides were still heavily timbered. Years ago everything was a bit overgrown and difficult to figure out.

Tx for the heads-up. Was considering heading up to G-burg in the next week or two for a bike ride. I usually start at the covered bridge behind Confederate lines off Pumping Station, head south and west past Fairfield for a loop up Iron Springs, back to a loop around the battlefield and into town (with a stop for a truly great cup of coffee at the Ugly Mug), then north for a loop through apple country around Arendtsville (with obligatory stop at the Round Barn). All told, about 60 miles and 4000 feet of climbing.

Tx for the heads-up. Was considering heading up to G-burg in the next week or two for a bike ride. I usually start at the covered bridge behind Confederate lines off Pumping Station, head south and west past Fairfield for a loop up Iron Springs, back to a loop around the battlefield and into town (with a stop for a truly great cup of coffee at the Ugly Mug), then north for a loop through apple country around Arendtsville (with obligatory stop at the Round Barn). All told, about 60 miles and 4000 feet of climbing.
When I lived in reading I would do that all of the time!!!! Did you ever ride out to the carlisle hotel where jeb stuart stayed.

ADVERTISEMENT