ADVERTISEMENT

Lions Beat Iowa 67-58 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
Surely it will be on TV tomorrow....

Came up from the beach to watch the 2nd half and was disappointed......

Nice win. It got a bit tight down the stretch, but PSU got it done.

Re: Thought the game was over at halftime...

...PSU is not a come from behind type of team. So far this year, the only way they have been able to win games is to get a nice lead built up and then hold on for dear life. Glad there were able to score a come from behind win for a change.

Awesome second half!

Travis played his best game of the season. That probably puts them in the NIT which is fantastic at this point. Purdue is beatable. We'll see.

Announcers did a good job of highlighting the fundamental mistakes

Just in the last 3 minutes, we foul after a missed offensive shot to put Iowa on the line without running down the clock, we take a quick 3 and miss after getting an offensive rebound with a new shot clock, we fail to break out of a trap after an inbounds play with our big players not even looking for a pass, and we foul again with just 10 seconds left as Iowa was bringing it down the floor. When people talk about all our close losses, it's exactly this kind of play that causes them. I'm very happy for this very gritty win and great defense against Iowa, but when I see these sorts of fundamental errors, I wonder why Chambers has not taught this team how to play smarter basketball.

This post was edited on 3/12 5:50 PM by Nitwit

Re: "WHY NOT US?" I love it.***

On a roll baby! We might be going to the Big Dance! Way to go, Pat

I wonder why Chambers has not taught this team how to play smarter basketba

Do you really believe Chambers doesn't coach the players to not do dumb things?

Re: Announcers did a good job of highlighting the fundamental mistakes

Some guys can't be taught to have a high basketball IQ. I am sure that Chambers has pointed out certain boneheaded in-game decisions time and time again. No one is coached to jump into an opposing 3 point shooter late in the game with the lead. No one is coached to take a quick 3 late in the game with a lead. If you have played or coached sports for any length of time, you know that some players can be as dumb as a bag of hammers.

Re: I wonder why Chambers has not taught this team how to play smarter basketba

I don't know why our our players don't play smarter.

So many of their games were super-close. They won most in the non-league and lost most in the league. So, if the six games they "should" have won in the conference the year would have been "outstanding", given the talent. I really do expect the team to be much better next year an better balance. We shall see.

Watching the replay and I began to wonder what bugged me so much about Iowa, and then it dawned on me! Their coach, McCaffrey, looks like Keith Olberman!

Re: Announcers did a good job of highlighting the fundamental mistakes

Nitwit, should we blame your teachers or your parents for your lack of correct punctuation and grammar. Yes, I being picky, but when you throw stones, make sure you do not live in glass house yourself!

ADVERTISEMENT