ADVERTISEMENT

Lion Shrine vandalized?

Wish most of the right agreed with that. You’re in the minority.
We can go back and forth on this. The left largely cheered on or remained silent while police were attacked for months in 2020.
And the president finally condemned the loons today for bombing a prolife clinic in Wisconsin. He's been silent on lunatics releasing the private addresses of supreme court justices which is illegal and on the targeting of churches.

Here's what I think both sides have to start doing. Whether it's loons on the right or the left - these people need to be called out and condemned by Democrats and Republicans. The lunatics need to know they're the fringes and the fringes will never be tolerated by.the 95% of normal.people in this country.
We can't tolerate lawlessness of any kind under some bs that the ends justify.the means or people are justified to commit terrorism or violence.bwcause their so-called cause is good. No. Civilized societies don't function like petulant children.
We have to start calling out our own folks. Call your senators and congressmen and tell them folks are tired of these clowns inciting.the lunatic fringes and then staying silent when the lunatics do bad things.
I agree with everything you said wholeheartedly, except the “95% of normal people in this country.”

My fear is that the actual number is less than that, and falling. :(

Reactions: lions1995
I agree with everything you said wholeheartedly, except the “95% of normal people in this country.”

My fear is that the actual number is less than that, and falling. :(
I hear you but the media only shows you the bad. You may be right but I still think the vast majority of folks are like you and me. These turds that cause the problems are just loud and the garbage media gives them attention.

I hear you but the media only shows you the bad. You may be right but I still think the vast majority of folks are like you and me. These turds that cause the problems are just loud and the garbage media gives them attention.
True enough.

Social media, too — while it has the capability to be a powerful platform for free speech and can be used to accomplish great things, it is also a very easy amplifier of horrid lunacy. And it seems to me (as an outsider who doesn’t partake of it, aside from a few niche outlets like this board) to bring out more division and conflict between people than it does rational discourse that leads somewhere constructive.

I suppose that could also be a case of the bad elements sticking out like a sore thumb though, too.

I thought the Lion Shrine was under 24 hour video surveillance?
I was up there all weekend and talked to campus police. "There's no part of this campus without cameras on it" They did a great job of cleaning up the campus for graduation pictures on Sunday. Saturday was pretty much a washout. I had two daughters graduate PSU this weekend.

True enough.

Social media, too — while it has the capability to be a powerful platform for free speech and can be used to accomplish great things, it is also a very easy amplifier of horrid lunacy. And it seems to me (as an outsider who doesn’t partake of it, aside from a few niche outlets like this board) to bring out more division and conflict between people than it does rational discourse that leads somewhere constructive.

I suppose that could also be a case of the bad elements sticking out like a sore thumb though, too.
100% correct. Social media is an abomination.

Reactions: bison13
I was up there all weekend and talked to campus police. "There's no part of this campus without cameras on it" They did a great job of cleaning up the campus for graduation pictures on Sunday. Saturday was pretty much a washout. I had two daughters graduate PSU this weekend.
Probably should take this conversation to a whole new thread where it might get air.

The wall that was built in front of the stadium on Park at the NE corner is the big popular spot for photos anymore. I'm shocked PSU isn't charging kids 50 bucks a picture or 100 bucks an hour parking up there. They're losing out. There are lines out the ass for kids waiting to get their picture taken there. If there was a way to monetize a pic with Mount Nittany in the background I can't imagine they haven't tried it by now. Maybe put "Blue Shield" or something on the hilltop. The Mt. Nittany Expressway is soon to surely be the Sheetz Byway or some such.

The lion statue has been beaten to death. There has to be a way to make a bigger splash.

Last edited:
The wall that was built in front of the stadium on Park at the NE corner is the big popular spot for photos anymore. I'm shocked PSU isn't charging kids 50 bucks a picture or 100 bucks an hour parking up there. They're losing out. There are lines out the ass for kids waiting to get their picture taken there. If there was a way to monetize a pic with Mount Nittany in the background I can't imagine they haven't tried it by now. Maybe put "Blue Shield" or something on the hilltop. The Mt. Nittany Expressway is soon to surely be the Sheetz Byway or some such.

The lion statue has been beaten to death. There has to be a way to make a bigger splash.
Yes, put Joe's statue back.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
Probably should take this conversation to a whole new thread where it might get air.
Yes, unfortunately many want to rationalize the vandalism or take the focus off of the loonies that did it by bringing up totally unrelated events.

The thread was about the intentional destruction of property timed to maximize the negative impact on PSU families. I don't see how rehashing political events is relevant unless you want to take the focus away from the perps.

Reactions: hlstone and bison13
Are you saying Mike Pence would have been a-ok if he had remained on the floor of the senate?

Zip ties and a stick. You think it was nbd. We get it.

I actually watched blm riots in person from my apartment (33rd floor of a building overlooking Mag Mile in Chicago) and they were ****ing awful. Helped shop owners clean up. Breaking into the Omega boutique and Saks Fifth avenue on Michigan Avenue =/= breaking into congress because you’re sad you lost an election.

I can’t imagine the lather you’d work yourself into if these were BLM flags outside and it was a Walmart in the background.
900x0.jpg
He could've been lynched!😮

Yes, unfortunately many want to rationalize the vandalism or take the focus off of the loonies that did it by bringing up totally unrelated events.

The thread was about the intentional destruction of property timed to maximize the negative impact on PSU families. I don't see how rehashing political events is relevant unless you want to take the focus away from the perps.
The perps we're the ones who want to enshrine criminals and make martyrs out of them.

This was calculated to torment graduates and their families.

Reactions: lionbacker
Wish most of the right agreed with that. You’re in the minority.
who, on the right, disagrees with that? I think people on the right are looking for equal application of the law when the right riots versus the left.

Was a single person arrested when the left tried to break down the fence, rush the white house, and the first family having to be taken to a safe house?

Well, apparently no one watches the cameras if the sicko could do this at the most prominent locations on campus. As much as the statue has been vandalized at night over the years, PSU should have remote alert motion sensors for nighttime, but I have no idea how many police are on duty then or what they do. Whatever their protocol is and technology used, it needs a thorough review.

Reactions: psualt
Well, apparently no one watches the cameras if the sicko could do this at the most prominent locations on campus. As much as the statue has been vandalized at night over the years, PSU should have remote alert motion sensors for nighttime, but I have no idea how many police are on duty then or what they do. Whatever their protocol is and technology used, it needs a thorough review.
I’ll wait for a response from somebody in the security industry, but it would seem prohibitively expensive to have a few hundred cameras simultaneously monitored to the extent you can distinguish criminal behavior from ordinary behavior in real time.

yep. when carried off the field by players after 1982 national championship game. can't do pix, but i'm sure someone will pick up the flag :).

The same rioters that led to the deaths of 5 officers during the storming of the Capitol?

That door can swing both ways - so let's try and not get political with this as it seems to be that it is an individual with obviously a screw loose and hopefully the cops track them down and levy the necessary charges to put them away until they're fit to rejoin society, if ever.
Very true…but get you facts straight…the only death caused by that event was an unarmed female.

The power of the Joe statue is so great, it still torments pitters and other clowns years later.

Looks like she has a toothache!

Seems to be a ratchet strap holding the ear in place. Methinks they used epoxy or something similar to reattach it and will remove the strap after proper curing time for the adhesive.

Sorry but this does NOT look good. You shouldn't be able to see any repair. There many people who could repair that without being able to see any damage.
Check out Mike Vernelson abilities, many others out there with similar abilities.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Sorry but this does NOT look good. You shouldn't be able to see any repair. There many people who could repair that without being able to see any damage.
Check out Mike Vernelson abilities, many others out there with similar abilities.
The biggest issue to me is not the repairs but that there isn't likely any real effort to find or prosecute the budding radicals that did it. So they'll grow up to do even more damage or eventually physically harm people for future "causes".

The biggest issue to me is not the repairs but that there isn't likely any real effort to find or prosecute the budding radicals that did it. So they'll grow up to do even more damage or eventually physically harm people for future "causes".
And you know this how?

Interesting because Heinz Warneke himself couldn’t make a repair without seeing it was repaired.

Unless one is a conservator with first hand, up close visual knowledge of the damage, I don’t know how one could make such a claim. I suspect Penn State hired the same art conservation firm that was hired when they did renovations several years ago.

Reactions: bison13
And you know this how?
I merely suspect that to be the case based on how we have heard zero about any effort. Plus, I don't know that tracking the perp(s) down and maximizing the punishment for the crimes is consistent with the political ideology of those running the show on campus. Would love to be proven wrong.

Reactions: jp3272
Still no mention of any suspects or motives to this vandalism

I merely suspect that to be the case based on how we have heard zero about any effort. Plus, I don't know that tracking the perp(s) down and maximizing the punishment for the crimes is consistent with the political ideology of those running the show on campus. Would love to be proven wrong.
I dont care if you're from the Mars political party - what was done was totally wrong and needs to be punished as a crime. This isnt about making a statement, its about a criminal act.

I dont care if you're from the Mars political party - what was done was totally wrong and needs to be punished as a crime. This isnt about making a statement, its about a criminal act.
This crime isn't going to be solved. Think WOKE.

ADVERTISEMENT