ADVERTISEMENT

Lion Shrine vandalized?

manatree

May 29, 2001
Wasn't able to stop and check it out, but it looks like someone hit the Lion Shrine with red paint. Has anyone else seen it?

Weird for it to happen now when no sports are ongoing. Hate to get political here but the current rage is all about abortion. Perhaps it is related.

Ear broken off other ear painted red supposedly

Looks like they broke off the good ear.

lion-shrine-vandalized-.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
The Hintz Family Alumni Center was seemingly the final target of these attacks. An entrance was covered in red letters that said “FTG” and a note was also written that read “Should have listened when you had the chance.” The note was signed by “ADG.”

What the heck is ADG?

Well this is what you get when you normalize vandalism, theft, and other crime. State College in many ways is a wanna be left coast mini-me so perhaps it was only a matter of time. They already have the tranny reading hour for kids. When it gets to the point of human feces on the streets then the vision will be complete.

Well this is what you get when you normalize vandalism, theft, and other crime. State College in many ways is a wanna be left coast mini-me so perhaps it was only a matter of time. They already have the tranny reading hour for kids. When it gets to the point of human feces on the streets then the vision will be complete.
The painted "Death by Police" tells you all you need to know who's responsible.

The painted "Death by Police" tells you all you need to know who's responsible.
The same rioters that led to the deaths of 5 officers during the storming of the Capitol?

That door can swing both ways - so let's try and not get political with this as it seems to be that it is an individual with obviously a screw loose and hopefully the cops track them down and levy the necessary charges to put them away until they're fit to rejoin society, if ever.

Reactions: NittanyIllinois
The Hintz Family Alumni Center was seemingly the final target of these attacks. An entrance was covered in red letters that said “FTG” and a note was also written that read “Should have listened when you had the chance.” The note was signed by “ADG.”

What the heck is ADG?

I've got to admit that I don't have a clue as to what the actual concern/complain is for the vandal(s). Like, what thing if it were done would have led them to instead not vandalize property because others had "listened".

The vandalism itself is despicable. But it's even worse that it seems pointless because the lack of a coherent message makes it impossible to even address the concerns. So it's just destruction for the sake of destruction.

Reactions: bison13
I've got to admit that I don't have a clue as to what the actual concern/complain is for the vandal(s). Like, what thing if it were done would have led them to instead not vandalize property because others had "listened".

The vandalism itself is despicable. But it's even worse that it seems pointless because the lack of a coherent message makes it impossible to even address the concerns. So it's just destruction for the sake of destruction.
Got to be cameras around the area. I can't believe they will not be caught.

The same rioters that led to the deaths of 5 officers during the storming of the Capitol?

That door can swing both ways - so let's try and not get political with this as it seems to be that it is an individual with obviously a screw loose and hopefully the cops track them down and levy the necessary charges to put them away until they're fit to rejoin society, if ever.
what officer was killed due to the storming of the capital? can you give me the names and link to the report linking their death to the horrible J-6 riot?

what officer was killed due to the storming of the capital? can you give me the names and link to the report linking their death to the horrible J-6 riot?

No officers were killed as a direct result of January 6th violence. More than a hundred were wounded, including many with serious wounds. As somebody who was close to this situation, the ferocity of the violence used against those officers was pretty astounding -- particularly as some of the released body cam and social media videos show.

Violence against police during some of the BLM-related events was serious and should be condemned. Violence against police on January 6th was also horrific and should be condemned. Full stop.

No officers were killed as a direct result of January 6th violence. More than a hundred were wounded, including many with serious wounds. As somebody who was close to this situation, the ferocity of the violence used against those officers was pretty astounding -- particularly as some of the released body cam and social media videos show.

Violence against police during some of the BLM-related events was serious and should be condemned. Violence against police on January 6th was also horrific and should be condemned. Full stop.
Well stated. Put simply, follow the "rule of law". I agree completely. Lying about the situation doesn't serve a greater purpose to society. There is a faction of people in the nation that have supported the defunding of police and another group that has not. Again, rule of law. If you defund the police, it is harder to enforce the rule of law. I know of very few people who support the storming of the capital and the violence that ensued.

Well stated. Put simply, follow the "rule of law". I agree completely. Lying about the situation doesn't serve a greater purpose to society. There is a faction of people in the nation that have supported the defunding of police and another group that has not. Again, rule of law. If you defund the police, it is harder to enforce the rule of law. I know of very few people who support the storming of the capital and the violence that ensued.
The fringes in this country are an abomination. I think the releasing of Supreme Court Justices' private residences is act of terror and an absolute disgrace. And then the vandalizing of churches and targeting churches is unbelievable.
And the left doesn't condemn these actions at all.
I agree with all condemnation about January 6th. That was horrendous but anytime.the left doesn't get it's way they act like spoiled children and then the outcome is all that matters. They encourage unrest, packing the court, you name it.

The fringes in this country are an abomination. I think the releasing of Supreme Court Justices' private residences is act of terror and an absolute disgrace. And then the vandalizing of churches and targeting churches is unbelievable.
And the left doesn't condemn these actions at all.
I agree with all condemnation about January 6th. That was horrendous but anytime.the left doesn't get it's way they act like spoiled children and then the outcome is all that matters. They encourage unrest, packing the court, you name it.

The fringes are bad, right and left. Fun time to be a moderate.

"Go home, we love you, you're very special." Heavier condemnation has never been uttered... :rolleyes:

Bitch about the left all you want but do you have any problem with those on the right who A) won't condemn Jan 6th. B) Are still acting like spoiled children claiming the election was stolen when we all know it wasn't.

Christ there was a plot to kidnap the Democratic Governor of Michigan. If some liberals were plotting to kidnap Greg Abbott I'm sure you'd be all over it.

Last edited:
I don't know - can you tell me what the comment I was responding to: "The painted "Death by Police" tells you all you need to know who's responsible." meant? Who exactly is responsible by that phrase? If they have names please come forward and share with the authorities. Otherwise it's nothing but slinging mud with nothing to back it up. But again not everything has to have a freaking political spin to it in this world. Some people do bad things and it doesn't have to turn into a right vs left, them vs us scenario. Yet that seems to be all that happens on this board anymore.

Last edited:
I thought the Lion Shrine was under 24 hour video surveillance?

The fringes are bad, right and left. Fun time to be a moderate.

"Go home, we love you, you're very special." Heavier condemnation has never been uttered... :rolleyes:

Bitch about the left all you want but do you have any problem with those on the right who A) won't condemn Jan 6th. B) Are still acting like spoiled children claiming the election was stolen when we all know it wasn't.

Christ there was a plot to kidnap the Democratic Governor of Michigan. If some liberals were plotting to kidnap Greg Abbott I'm sure you'd be all over it.
I condemn all those things. Do you think it's ok to post private addresses so the loons can target them? How about vandalizing churches because they dare to think abortion is wrong.
How about Nancy pelosi calling federal troops protecting the federal building in Portland storm troopers. How about burning.police stations down.

I thought the Lion Shrine was under 24 hour video surveillance?
Not specific to this situation but these masks really contribute to crime. For decades you couldn't enter a bank branch if you had on a hat, glasses or mask. For the last 2.5 years, we required it. Point being if the perp had on a mask, a hoodie and sunglasses video surveillance is as helpful as your pinkie toe.

I condemn all those things. Do you think it's ok to post private addresses so the loons can target them? How about vandalizing churches because they dare to think abortion is wrong.
How about Nancy pelosi calling federal troops protecting the federal building in Portland storm troopers. How about burning.police stations down.

No I don't think posting addresses is ok, nor do I support vandalizing churches. Pelosi was wrong. Burning down police stations is terrible. I'm also not the one acting like one side has a monopoly on abhorrent behavior. The right is full of whack jobs, including the former president who loves the Jan 6th rioters, but you immediately went after the left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Franklinstheman
No I don't think posting addresses is ok, nor do I support vandalizing churches. I'm also not the one acting like one side has a monopoly on abhorrent behavior. The right is full of whack jobs, including the former president who loves the Jan 6th rioters, but you immediately went after the left.
The difference is that the J-6th rioters were a one-day event (and the former president condemned the violence and didn't pardon them when he could have. Don't believe the media). BLM happened for several months with sustained support. In fact, our current VP encouraged all to contribute to a GoFundMe fund for legal defense (GoFundMe took down a similar grassroots effort that was endorsed by nobody famous that I am aware of). Finally, the difference between the attempted storming of the White House and Congress was the Secret Service who held at great cost. BTW, the SCOTUS was stormed by pink hat people during a recent SCOTUS nominee vote.

Point being, nobody is defending those people who stormed into congress. Almost everyone is supporting the rule of law in bringing those people to justice? The "Summer of Love"? Not so much.

The difference is that the J-6th rioters were a one-day event (and the former president condemned the violence and didn't pardon them when he could have. Don't believe the media). BLM happened for several months with sustained support. In fact, our current VP encouraged all to contribute to a GoFundMe fund for legal defense (GoFundMe took down a similar grassroots effort that was endorsed by nobody famous that I am aware of). Finally, the difference between the attempted storming of the White House and Congress was the Secret Service who held at great cost. BTW, the SCOTUS was stormed by pink hat people during a recent SCOTUS nominee vote.

Point being, nobody is defending those people who stormed into congress. Almost everyone is supporting the rule of law in bringing those people to justice? The "Summer of Love"? Not so much.

Well, that "one-day event" was an attempt to violently coerce Congress into overturning a free and fair presidential election. This wasn't some in-the-moment situation where a few rowdies went too far. It was coordinated and still to this day lionized by elected members of federal, state, and local government.

As abhorrent as the rioting in Portland and other places were, we've had rioting throughout the course of American history -- against immigrants, against blacks in the South, against the Vietnam War, against the death of MLK Jr., etc. -- but we haven't had anything approaching January 6th in our modern history. I honestly don't think many fully realize what could have happened that day if not for the Capitol Police (and other reinforcements) holding the line and evacuating members of Congress. People were ready for public executions. It wasn't for show.

To say nothing about the many other expressions of political intimidation in the past year or so (militias occupying state capitol buildings protesting COVID measures, vandalism of mosques, and so on). We can play the "both sides" game all day long, I suppose, but I'd argue a good chunk of this board instinctively condemns the BLM types and conveniently ignores the growing radicalization of parts of their own "side".

Reactions: JerseyRon
Well, that "one-day event" was an attempt to violently coerce Congress into overturning a free and fair presidential election. This wasn't some in-the-moment situation where a few rowdies went too far. It was coordinated and still to this day lionized by elected members of federal, state, and local government.

As abhorrent as the rioting in Portland and other places were, we've had rioting throughout the course of American history -- against immigrants, against blacks in the South, against the Vietnam War, against the death of MLK Jr., etc. -- but we haven't had anything approaching January 6th in our modern history. I honestly don't think many fully realize what could have happened that day if not for the Capitol Police (and other reinforcements) holding the line and evacuating members of Congress. People were ready for public executions. It wasn't for show.

To say nothing about the many other expressions of political intimidation in the past year or so (militias occupying state capitol buildings protesting COVID measures, vandalism of mosques, and so on). We can play the "both sides" game all day long, I suppose, but I'd argue a good chunk of this board instinctively condemns the BLM types and conveniently ignores the growing radicalization of parts of their own "side".
yes...an insurrection with zip ties and a stick. who coordinated it? who "lionizes" it? meanwhile, we have the FBI and DNC that used a phony report that they knew was phony to wiretap and then impeach a sitting president. Funny what you justify when you agree with it and not when you don't.

How about we call the destruction of property and assault what it is? How about we go after, arrest and prosecture equally.?

Last edited:
yes...an insurrection with zip ties and a stick. who coordinated it? who "lionizes" it? meanwhile, we have the FBI and DNC that used a phony report that they knew was phony to wiretap and then impeach a sitting president. Funny what you justify when you agree with it and not when you don't.

How about we call the destruction of property and assault what it is? How about we go after, arrest and prosecture equally.?
It's futile trying to argue with Nittany Illinois. Beside, he is a phony Penn Stater.

It's why his provocation is on ignore.

Are you saying Mike Pence would have been a-ok if he had remained on the floor of the senate?

Zip ties and a stick. You think it was nbd. We get it.

I actually watched blm riots in person from my apartment (33rd floor of a building overlooking Mag Mile in Chicago) and they were ****ing awful. Helped shop owners clean up. Breaking into the Omega boutique and Saks Fifth avenue on Michigan Avenue =/= breaking into congress because you’re sad you lost an election.

I can’t imagine the lather you’d work yourself into if these were BLM flags outside and it was a Walmart in the background.
900x0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JerseyRon
Are you saying Mike Pence would have been a-ok if he had remained on the floor of the senate?

Zip ties and a stick. You think it was nbd. We get it.

I actually watched blm riots in person from my apartment (33rd floor of a building overlooking Mag Mile in Chicago) and they were ****ing awful. Helped shop owners clean up. Breaking into the Omega boutique and Saks Fifth avenue on Michigan Avenue =/= breaking into congress because you’re sad you lost an election.

I can’t imagine the lather you’d work yourself into if these were BLM flags outside and it was a Walmart in the background.
900x0.jpg
Here's what I think both sides have to start doing. Whether it's loons on the right or the left - these people need to be called out and condemned by Democrats and Republicans. The lunatics need to know they're the fringes and the fringes will never be tolerated by.the 95% of normal.people in this country.
We can't tolerate lawlessness of any kind under some bs that the ends justify.the means or people are justified to commit terrorism or violence.bwcause their so-called cause is good. No. Civilized societies don't function like petulant children.
We have to start calling out our own folks. Call your senators and congressmen and tell them folks are tired of these clowns inciting.the lunatic fringes and then staying silent when the lunatics do bad things.

Reactions: CVLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT