ADVERTISEMENT

Linebacker U.

From what i've seen in papers... the new ksu coach is doing an outstanding job of recruiting and infusing energy. One reporter said that this year's recruits were bigger - without pads - than the Spring Game players in pads.

From what i've seen in papers... the new ksu coach is doing an outstanding job of recruiting and infusing energy. One reporter said that this year's recruits were bigger - without pads - than the Spring Game players in pads.

Not sure what that even means. A new coach always brings in excitement in the preseason. Then the actual games start and for many the excitement tones down. For a few it remains. Good luck on Sep. 15. Hope you are bringing a lot of those All-Pro LBs.

Not sure what that even means. A new coach always brings in excitement in the preseason. Then the actual games start and for many the excitement tones down. For a few it remains. Good luck on Sep. 15. Hope you are bringing a lot of those All-Pro LBs.

I'm not sure what you mean by "not sure what that even means".

"an outstanding job of recruiting" - he was hired very late and still managed to convert the MAC's worst recruiting class into the 5th best. Recruits include a 4-star QB, formerly at Auburn... a highly rated RB transfer from Syracuse...

"infusing energy" - no. not all new coaches do that. Some of Kent's new coaches have been a big letdown... e.g. Glen Mason's replacement, Dick Crum... Darryl Hazzell's replacement, the last guy. New coach is running a hurry-up offense and the players say they love it.

Last edited:

So he brought in all OL/DL guys instead of the previous group of mostly WR/DB types?

"an outstanding job of recruiting" - he was hired very late and still managed to convert the MAC's worst recruiting class into the 5th best. Recruits include a 4-star QB, formerly at Auburn... a highly rated RB transfer from Syracuse...

"infusing energy" - no. not all new coaches do that. Some of Kent's new coaches have been a big letdown... e.g. Glen Mason's replacement, Dick Crum... Darryl Hazzell's replacement, the last guy. New coach is running a hurry-up offense and the players say they love it.

Yeah, Woody Barrett lit it up so much during his juco stint that Rivals downgraded him to a three-star. But he still had a ton of offers....ooops.

I think even asking whether PSU is LBU is a stupid F'n question. Yes, Jack Lambert was a great one, but who else from KSU?

Not sure what OP is fishing for, but I wish him and KSU well. Harrison and Lambert are two of the best ever.

MAC is a good conference and MAC teams often provide a quality contest for PSU.

I root for Terry Bowden, a good coach and an even better human being.

Reactions: Bird-in-Hand boy
Penn State is LB U . From Ham to Poslusny there have been a bevy of great Linebackers. Hey honest question could our friends in Pittsburgh be RB U. Why I say that is

Dorsett 12739 yards and 77 TD's
Martin 14101 yards and 90 TD's
McCoy 10092 yards and 66 TD and counting. Does any other college have 3 guys with these kind of stats. Two are in the HOF and McCoy has a shot with another good 2-3 years

I think even asking whether PSU is LBU is a stupid F'n question. Yes, Jack Lambert was a great one, but who else from KSU?

but... y'... you mean...?...
Not sure what OP is fishing for, but I wish him and KSU well. Harrison and Lambert are two of the best ever.

MAC is a good conference and MAC teams often provide a quality contest for PSU.

I root for Terry Bowden, a good coach and an even better human being.

OP was just having fun. Some guys are pretty serious, though. ;-)

Colorado Man.

I was kidding.

I would say... having attended Penn State games since 1976... and Kent games since 1985 (that was me in the stands)... that Penn State has the better program.

I don't understand what's going on here.

Perhaps "Bird-in-Hand boy" is experiencing a lack of "Intercourse" due to a case of "Blue Balls."

Reactions: bison13
Penn State is LB U . From Ham to Poslusny there have been a bevy of great Linebackers. Hey honest question could our friends in Pittsburgh be RB U. Why I say that is

Dorsett 12739 yards and 77 TD's
Martin 14101 yards and 90 TD's
McCoy 10092 yards and 66 TD and counting. Does any other college have 3 guys with these kind of stats. Two are in the HOF and McCoy has a shot with another good 2-3 years

I would guess USC and maybe even Syracuse.

I would guess USC and maybe even Syracuse.
USC has two RBs with over 10,000 yards rushing: OJ Simpson and Marcus Allen. Both were Heisman trophy winners. There were also three other RB USC Heisman trophy winners (Mike Garrett, Charles White and Reggie Bush) but while each of them had okay to decent pro careers, they didn't have spectacular career rushing stats. Bush and Garrett both had around 5500 while White had around 3000.

It is hard
Colorado Man.

I was kidding.

I would say... having attended Penn State games since 1976... and Kent games since 1985 (that was me in the stands)... that Penn State has the better program.

Sorry. Sarcasm and irony don't come through very well on the Internet and I get a little thin skinned at times. It is hard to differentiate an OP who is being sarcastic from a troll. Both Lambert and Harrison were great linebackers. Lambert said many times people thought he played at PSU since they were producing so many NFL quality LBs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bird-in-Hand boy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT