ADVERTISEMENT

Lewerke

I didn't see the MSU vs Maryland game so I can't say why his numbers sucked. I know he performed well against us because he was too comfortable in the pocket.

Reactions: psualt
Now that is just flat out stupid. "Not a good team"? Just stupid. We are a good team. We can debate how good but anyone who claims we are not a good team is either stupid or a hater. So which one are you?

I ignore him. He’s ridiculous week after week.

Reactions: Madsol
I didn't see the MSU vs Maryland game so I can't say why his numbers sucked. I know he performed well against us because he was too comfortable in the pocket.

From the highlights I saw it looked like worse weather than our game out there and our game last night.

Losses at defensive end really hurt the pass rush.Hopefully with a year of growing,starters returning and the influx of new players will correct that and allow for less blitzing.

2/14 for 20 yds against Maryland. Unbelievable.

Does Maryland have a pass rush? If so, would Maryland have a pass rush the week after they play Ohio State to the wire?

The Big Ten is a funny thing. Where and when a game is played is every bit as important as the teams playing.

Reactions: EPC FAN and Nitwit
I say it week after week, I would say it stronger, but that got me banned. This team is 4 points from being undefeated. What does this pathetic fan base want from them? Potentially 10-2 after 2 years removed from the most severe NCAA sanctions since the SMU death sentence. No 2018s have decomitted. It is a great class coming in, if all sign LOIs. Future recruiting classes look to be off to strong starts. Student support continues to be strong, maybe a little late. The number of students who attend a game is greater than the total number of Pitt fans who attend their games. Why all the constant bitching and moaning?

Does Maryland have a pass rush? If so, would Maryland have a pass rush the week after they play Ohio State to the wire?

The Big Ten is a funny thing. Where and when a game is played is every bit as important as the teams playing.
Both games were at MSU in the rain. Maryland played Michigan last week.

Yup, your last sentence says it all. This is a very physical league and with Penn State’s reemergence, it has become the best conference in the land. Nine league games take a physical and emotional toll. “Where” and “when” a game is played is often as important a variable as talent differential.

There have been any number of examples of this throughout the season. Ohio State, coming off a huge emotional win over us, goes on the road and gets blown out by Iowa. Yet, in ordinary circumstances on a neutral field the Bucks are three touchdowns better than Iowa. We lose a squeaker on the road to Michigan State. Yet, on a neutral field, without the previous week’s emotional hangover, we’re easily 10 points better than the Spartans.

There’s a long list of such examples throughout the conference this year. The big, bad SEC schedules a lot smarter. Their good teams play a lot fewer back-to-back tough games, not to mention that instead of a 9th conference opponent in November, they play what amounts to scrimmage games against teams like Mercer. But that’s OK because they’re the big, bad SEC, and nobody is allowed to question their superiority.

Reactions: searay26
A 3 1/2 hour game delay & a standard half time really kills a visiting team no matter how good the team is.

Reactions: Howie'81
I know the weather was absolutely miserable in East Lansing last Saturday. Rain, sleet, snow, wind.

ADVERTISEMENT