ADVERTISEMENT

Levi Haines Fundraiser

I was going to make a donation, but paused to wonder if this was walking the thin line between supporting a worthy athlete and illegally funding a prospective recruit. Any thoughts?

I was going to make a donation, but paused to wonder if this was walking the thin line between supporting a worthy athlete and illegally funding a prospective recruit. Any thoughts?
Chip in a few bucks to Bo Bassett just to play it safe.

Seriously, if you donate anonymously, or at least do not mention PSU, that should be OK. It's really hard to determine illegal influence if no influence is attempted.

Also don't go nuts and donate some attention-grabbing sum.

Take that FWIW, not a compliance expert like on HR but did take the Alumni Association's training some years ago as a chapter officer. Generally I share your basic concern and err on the side of caution.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
I asked myself the same, did a quick search, and read something that indicated NCAA athletes having gofundme's are legal but only upto legitimate expense amounts to train and compete. Didn't read anything about limitations on those who might donate, or would be NCAA athletes.

I asked myself the same, did a quick search, and read something that indicated NCAA athletes having gofundme's are legal but only upto legitimate expense amounts to train and compete. Didn't read anything about limitations on those who might donate, or would be NCAA athletes.
NCAA doesn't want anyone sending hookers to their teammates' hotel rooms.

#Pitt
#Midlands

• Haha
Reactions: 82bordeaux
NCAA doesn't want anyone sending hookers to their teammates' hotel rooms.

#Pitt
#Midlands
Absolutely no hookers to teammates' rooms. Are hookers are to rerouted to nearest NCAA suite, where discipline will be properly administered.

Anybody concerned with Haines' fund raiser and NCAA entanglements, simply donate a similar amount to your nearest NCAA representative and all is deemed above board.

Absolutely no hookers to teammates' rooms. Are hookers are to rerouted to nearest NCAA suite, where discipline will be properly administered.

Anybody concerned with Haines' fund raiser and NCAA entanglements, simply donate a similar amount to your nearest NCAA representative and all is deemed above board.
If we send a hooker to Angel Rivera's suite, what are the odds she gets called for stalling?

Seriously, if you donate anonymously, or at least do not mention PSU, that should be OK. It's really hard to determine illegal influence if no influence is attempted.

Take that FWIW, not a compliance expert like on HR but did take the Alumni Association's training some years ago as a chapter officer. Generally I share your basic concern and err on the side of caution.
Say your an iowa fan lol

Reminder: do not do anything stupid that would make him ineligible at PSU.

I.e., DO NOT donate because of his relationship with Penn State. Do not tag any donations with a "We Are" or the like.

Do not donate a large amount. If you donate, stay in the range of typical donations.

And a flurry of donations after committing is asking for trouble.

Donate because he's from PA and/or you love the sport (etc.). Just be smart.

Reminder: do not do anything stupid that would make him ineligible at PSU.

I.e., DO NOT donate because of his relationship with Penn State. Do not tag any donations with a "We Are" or the like.

Do not donate a large amount. If you donate, stay in the range of typical donations.

And a flurry of donations after committing is asking for trouble.

Donate because he's from PA and/or you love the sport (etc.). Just be smart.
If Bo Bassett ever sets up on of these ... be sure to write "Go Hawks! -From HWC Booster"

All kidding aside, great reminder. Yes, tread lightly on this especially since the kid's goal is almost reached anyways.

Reactions: Sullivan

Nicely played. 😄

How long is the tournament?

What happens if one of the wrestlers who qualified can’t afford to go? Do they ask the second place kid?

So team usa holds this tournament but then doesn’t pay for the winners to go?!?! I’m lost

... So team usa holds this tournament but then doesn’t pay for the winners to go?!?! I’m lost
Wrestlers have to pay for their own robes and bling.

05_Flair_Robe.jpg

Last edited:
Send said hookers to me. I then funnel money to Levi. Don't tell HR. We all win.
Not sure about hookers, but you deliver Mendez and it’s all u can eat Greasy Dick’s on me, I’m a valley guy. #notwhatyouthink

ADVERTISEMENT