ADVERTISEMENT

Letter from Ms. Barbour

Just received a letter from Ms. Barbour asking if I wanted to give $15,000 to buy a new locker. As a retiree, I am stretching to cover the increase in ticket cost.
15 Grand for a locker? Wow, I have a cousin who just bought a house he intends to fix and flip for 15K. To think he could have bought a Penn State locker instead. Maybe next time.:)

Maybe it has a high tech design which prevents it from making noise when it is slammed. That way the slammer is forced to do something else to stop whatever they see or hear.

Yeah, maybe it’s like some of those kitchen drawers that close just so far, then finish closing in slow motion.

Sandy’s really thinking ahead of the curve. She just didn’t explain that all these new lockers are gun lockers for people checking in their weapons!

Reactions: psuken
My understanding is the campaign for the naming rights for each of these lockers did not sellout so ICA is making a push to get rest of them accounted for and $ collected.

My understanding is the campaign for the naming rights for each of these lockers did not sellout so ICA is making a push to get rest of them accounted for and $ collected.

If you have to send out mass emails to get a few $15k donations, that doesn't give anyone a warm fuzzy that you can raise $500+ million for the stadium

I’d spend 15k for a urinal if I can call it the Peetz potty

Barbour is looking for funding for a new natatorium and I'm sure she'd allow you to name it the Peetz Potty, or whatever else your heart desires, as long as you'll write a check for, oh, $40mm-$50mm or so.

Barbour is looking for funding for a new natatorium and I'm sure she'd allow you to name it the Peetz Potty, or whatever else your heart desires, as long as you'll write a check for, oh, $40mm-$50mm or so.
Might be worth the spend if you’re guaranteed to christen the Peetz Potty with her in attendance. I’d consider it a golden opportunity.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and Art
It is factual that the Lasch building renovations are still not completed. Individual position rooms need major overhaul. Some of the desks and arm rests have exposed wood on them and seating that hasn’t changed since the original construction. There are some players who have trouble fitting in the seats.
Until recently the photo wallpaper in the players lounge had a shot of Bill O’Brien leading the players out of the tunnel.
A significant amount of the facility pales in comparison to the upgrades made by Ohio State or the 40-50 million dollar new facility built by the University of Kentucky ( I urge you to Google a look at that facility).
Recruiting has been great over the last two years so many will scoff at the need for these upgrades but back to back double digit winning seasons helps that.
If ( and unavoidably when ) we “dip” to a 9 win season an upgrade to the level of our biggest rivals will help during any lean years as we continue to compete for the top .
Get a tour of the facility for yourself and then see if your commitment is as strong as those you are watching on Saturday or busting their hump from December to February.

BTW to be fair the letter asked for any amount of $ you can provide will be appreciated and help, not just $15,000

It is factual that the Lasch building renovations are still not completed. Individual position rooms need major overhaul. Some of the desks and arm rests have exposed wood on them and seating that hasn’t changed since the original construction. There are some players who have trouble fitting in the seats.
Until recently the photo wallpaper in the players lounge had a shot of Bill O’Brien leading the players out of the tunnel.
A significant amount of the facility pales in comparison to the upgrades made by Ohio State or the 40-50 million dollar new facility built by the University of Kentucky ( I urge you to Google a look at that facility).
Recruiting has been great over the last two years so many will scoff at the need for these upgrades but back to back double digit winning seasons helps that.
If ( and unavoidably when ) we “dip” to a 9 win season an upgrade to the level of our biggest rivals will help during any lean years as we continue to compete for the top .
Get a tour of the facility for yourself and then see if your commitment is as strong as those you are watching on Saturday or busting their hump from December to February.

BTW to be fair the letter asked for any amount of $ you can provide will be appreciated and help, not just $15,000

Why aren't the Lasch renovations complete? Didn't construction begin sometime in 2015? Construction delays or shortage of money?

Too bad for them, but the people who would donate the most in the past are the ones called Joebots now. We can afford it, but we ain't doing it.

It would be pretty darned easy to turn things around, but so far they are resisting. All they have to do to get the ball rolling would be to properly honor the guy that got helped this all get started.

If a real-life version of a 'ro sig pic sprung out of the locker each time it was opened, it would become the most popular locker at Lasch. ;)

That locker would have to be kept on permanent lockdown or the allowed capacity in the room would warrant a raid by the Fire Marshall.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
ADVERTISEMENT