ADVERTISEMENT

Lets Talk Iowa Wrestling

MSeil

Nov 23, 2017
Our teams hurt an it doesn't stop some of your members from trolling our board. So i will troll your board :)
Again you look like the team to beat.

Our teams hurt an it doesn't stop some of your members from trolling our board. So i will troll your board :)
The Hawks need some serious improvement to finish 3rd again.

Why not start a "Everything Iowa" thread and just pin it at the top of the page? Just one big catch all for the daily thoughts on the Hawks. It really not a bad idea is it?

Since you asked, no. I shot one in archery.
Did you learn from the master?
NervousEducatedHamadryas-size_restricted.gif

Why not start a "Everything Iowa" thread and just pin it at the top of the page? Just one big catch all for the daily thoughts on the Hawks. It really not a bad idea is it?
Did you happen to notice who started this thread?

Recent Iowa related threads on BWI. One thread on what I think is a relevant Iowa-Iowa State wrestling match. Another relevant thread on a PA guy having a season ending injury. And the stupid/funny thread we are in that was started by an HR guy.

Meanwhile some other topics on the front page. CKLV, Larry Early upsetting Hidlay. Lehigh/Princeton. Foley/Intermat. And a bunch of PSU related threads.

Now let's go over to the HR. Let's Talk PSU stupid/funny thread, but this one is also created by a guy I've never seen post on BWI. PSU/Lehigh, which is started by an Iowa guy trying to talk wrestling but he gets ripped by a couple of the old faithfuls who use it to take shots at PSU. Teasdale (10 pages). Penn State cheats (5 pages).

A high school thread that gets 1 response. A CKLV thread that gets 1/4 of the responses that the one on BWI gets. Other results - 9 responses.

We get it. HR likes to talk about Hawks only. Or the team that is doing something wanky to keep the Hawks from winning. Real wrestling talk. From obviously the most knowledgeable fanbase around. Just ask Vodka. Guy said something to the effect that PSU fans don't really know wrestling. Coming on the heels of the most uninformed take on the medical RS/6th year issue that I have seen posted. Wasdt or DonH wouldn't be that uninformed. Pretty surreal considering he took the time to write to dozens of athletic departments, but can't find the 15 minutes it takes to read up on a subject. Not the first time he has been completely out of his depth - well, actually, it's pretty much every time. When you can't even get the camps or the RTC finances on point and that's your calling card, there might be something more wrong than just being lazy in research.

I know. This is where you say "bait, line and sinker!" Your canned response when you've got nowhere further to go.

One of your best posters, Chief, called the board out on it the other day. Was not responded to. Basically, the train just kept rolling.

Last edited:
Did you happen to notice who started this thread?

Recent Iowa related threads on BWI. One thread on what I think is a relevant Iowa-Iowa State wrestling match. Another relevant thread on a PA guy having a season ending injury. And the stupid/funny thread we are in that was started by an HR guy.

Meanwhile some other topics on the front page. CKLV, Larry Early upsetting Hidlay. Lehigh/Princeton. Foley/Intermat. And a bunch of PSU related threads.

Now let's go over to the HR. Let's Talk PSU stupid/funny thread, but this one is also created by an Iowa fan. PSU/Lehigh, which is started by an Iowa guy trying to talk wrestling but he gets ripped by a couple of the old faithfuls who use it to take shots at PSU. Teasdale (10 pages). Penn State cheats (5 pages).

A high school thread that gets 1 response. A CKLV thread that gets 1/4 of the responses that the one on BWI gets. Other results - 9 responses.

We get it. HR likes to talk about Hawks only. Or the team that is doing something wanky to keep the Hawks from winning. Real wrestling talk. From obviously the most knowledgeable fanbase around. Just ask Vodka. Guy said something to the effect that PSU fans don't really know wrestling. Coming on the heels of the most uninformed take on the medical RS/6th year issue that I have seen posted. Wasdt or DonH wouldn't be that uninformed. Pretty surreal considering he took the time to write to dozens of athletic departments, but can't find the 15 minutes it takes to read up on a subject. Not the first time he has been completely out of his depth - well, actually, it's pretty much every time. When you can't even get the camps or the RTC finances on point and that's your calling card, there might be something more wrong than just being lazy in research.

I know. This is where you say "bait, line and sinker!" Your canned response when you've got nowhere further to go.

One of your best posters, Chief, called the board out on it the other day. Was not responded to. Basically, the train just kept rolling.
Holy crap man. Take a deep breath. Everything will be ok. I was just making a generalized suggestion. I think it's a good idea.

"A" for effort. You will have to be more specific the next time you create and Iowa thread on this board. The personalities from both boards are so different that it is quite funny to me. Wit wrestling only being invented in 2011 over here, they are no where near the conversationalist on the Hawkeye site. It will take a bit more nurturing to get them up to speed.
Now for a little Hawkeye talk, I loved watching Wilson dive for an ankle and get the takedown against ISU. It is nice to see a different approach. I think Kemdawg has been an influence on some of the guys over there and it is fun to see. (do I have to type that as f*** on this board or only on the Hawkeye board) :)

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Holy crap man. Take a deep breath. Everything will be ok. I was just making a generalized suggestion. I think it's a good idea.
Vodka guy has me all riled up. in a good way, sports-rivalry wise (PSA - always double heck posts before you hit "post reply," for inadvertent innuendos).

You're spending a lot of time here lately. Can I drag a comment on the current status of PSU related topics on the HR out of you?

Vodka guy has me all riled up. in a good way, sports-rivalry wise (PSA - always double heck posts before you hit "post reply," for inadvertent innuendos).

You're spending a lot of time here lately. Can I drag a comment on the current status of PSU related topics on the HR out of you?
Irony meter broken.

That said, there are some posts I'd like to double heck.

Either you don’t know the definition of trolling or you are doing it wrong. Coming here and complimenting our team does not qualify as trolling.

Reactions: lookleft goright

Hey Turk, what’s up with Brands slapping Stoll across the face just before the ISU match? Is that a Brands thing? An Iowa thing? The alpha re-asserting authority? Another “throw me” moment?

Still struggling to break the Iowa record for empty seats at a wrestling match. Just 5,649 vacant for the Iowa v. Iowa State dual. The February 8 dual v. Maryland could do it! Good luck!

While I don't support the lack of support in college wrestling, this is something that I can get behind. Purely for laughter sake.

While I don't support the lack of support in college wrestling, this is something that I can get behind. Purely for laughter sake.
Need to be careful there. In the 3" binder, we will end up being negatively better than they are in percentage to capacity, which can be spun as being "worse." Will appeal to the same people that the "we're the greatest in wrestling at 1 weight class, why go to a place that's great at 7 or 8?" argument works on.

ADVERTISEMENT