ADVERTISEMENT

Let's say you have a Heisman vote. Who do you vote for?

NittanyIllinois

Aug 17, 2019
First, who would YOU vote for? And second, who do you think will win?

I'd vote in the following order:

Devonta Smith
Breece Hall
Kyle Trask
Trevor Lawrence
Najee Harris
Jaret Patterson
Mac Jones

I think Trask probably wins it, only because I think Smith and Harris will siphon off enough votes from Mac Jones to cost him. But I think the Trask-Jones race will be very close. Trask did enough last night to stay atop the list in the eyes of the voters, I'd bet.

Last edited:
One of the main reasons Fields came back this year was to win the Heisman according the Buckeye fans I know, and I know many. They were so happy when the B10 announced they were going to play after all. Looks like that was a failure.

1. Trevor Lawrence - especially after the difference in the Notre Dame game with him and without him.

2. Devonta Smith - The slim reaper is scary for defenses.Possibly the best Alabama WR yet.

3. Trask - hadFlorida beaten LSU and beat Bama, no contest, it’s his. Losing these make it a race. The talking heads need to fill about 30% of air time during the playoffs talking about the Heisman winner. What will the talking heads talk about?
Jones - there are 3 very, very good first round skill players he had the good fortune of playing with. Ray Charles could put up respectable numbers in that offense. But fantastic season for him. However, I will be surprised if he wins.
Edited. I would put him 4th/5th if I were voting.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarryPSU
1. Trevor Lawrence - especially after the difference in the Notre Dame game with him and without him.

2. Devonta Smith - The slim reaper is scary for defenses.Possibly the best Alabama WR yet.

3. Trask - hadFlorida beaten LSU and kept it more respectable vs Bama....

Jones - there are 3 very, very good first round skill players he had the good fortune of playing with. Ray Charles could put up respectable numbers in that offense.

bingo.

how much of Mac jones was because of Harris or smith? How much of Trask was because of Pitts? How much of CLEMSON was because of Lawrence? The first and second ND games answered that question.

Devonta Smith
Breece Hall
Kyle Trask
Trevor Lawrence
Najee Harris
Jaret Patterson
Mac Jones

I think Trask probably wins it, only because I think Smith and Harris will siphon off enough votes from Mac Jones to cost him. But I think the Trask-Jones race will be very close. Trask did enough last night to stay atop the list in the eyes of the voters, I'd bet.
Lawrence

bingo.

how much of Mac jones was because of Harris or smith? How much of Trask was because of Pitts? How much of CLEMSON was because of Lawrence? The first and second ND games answered that question.

That's a fair point.

Trask had more than just Pitts. That Florida offense is absolutely loaded with playmakers, and he took advantage. But then, same deal with Burrow last year. How much was Burrow being legendary vs. having Chase/Jefferson/Marshall to throw to and Joe Brady to learn from?

For me, I always look to how QBs respond during moments of adversity. To Trask's credit, he responded pretty well last night after falling behind big.

bingo.

The difference in the two games wasn’t Lawrence.....the difference was the Clemson D actually showing up in the second game..

Devonta Smith
Breece Hall
Kyle Trask
Trevor Lawrence
Najee Harris
Jaret Patterson
Mac Jones

1 Mac Jones
2 Trevor Lawrence
3 Najee Harris

I vote for abolishing the stupid Heisman Trophy.....either that or everyone gets a Heisman Trophy, including the fans.

That's a fair point.

Trask had more than just Pitts. That Florida offense is absolutely loaded with playmakers, and he took advantage. But then, same deal with Burrow last year. How much was Burrow being legendary vs. having Chase/Jefferson/Marshall to throw to and Joe Brady to learn from?

For me, I always look to how QBs respond during moments of adversity. To Trask's credit, he responded pretty well last night after falling behind big.

Burrow was and is the real deal. His accomplishments were extraordinary. Why criticize because he was throwing to great talent? Might as well take Joe Montana down a peg because he got to throw to Jerry Rice and Dwight Clark.

Burrow was and is the real deal. His accomplishments were extraordinary. Why criticize because he was throwing to great talent? Might as well take Joe Montana down a peg because he got to throw to Jerry Rice and Dwight Clark.

I didn't even remotely criticize Joe Burrow.

But if people are going to downplay what Mac Jones has accomplished because of his supporting cast, then shouldn't we apply the same standard to others?

Mac's completion %, QBR, and TD/INT ratio are elite by anybody's standard.......regardless of who he has around him. Now, would he put up those numbers playing for South Carolina or Arkansas? Of course not. But he deserves a lot of credit.

Still think there are a few QBs out there better, but hard to argue with his success.

Devanta Smith
Jaret Patterson
Zach Wilson

So far, the first mention of Zach Wilson in this thread.

I think he's fantastic......really love his competitiveness and his all-around game. I think he's got a chance to be a really good pro. His performance against CC was a big knock on him (until late in the 4th quarter when he got it going), but he's a baller.

I’d be boycotting the vote for the 26th consecutive year, over the snubbing of Ki-Jana Carter and then Larry Johnson Jr. with flip-flopped logic no less on 2,000 rushing yards as a magical number locking in the Heisman.

(Though today I think LJ Jr. has become a nut job unfortunately, and I condemn his involvement in violent incidents, both alleged and convicted.)

After sat nite, I vote this guy
9hQl8F3.jpg

Devonta Smith
Breece Hall
Kyle Trask
Trevor Lawrence
Najee Harris
Jaret Patterson
Mac Jones

Lawrence.

I've seen no mention of Justin Fields. I may get ripped for this But I see him as a Tyrelle Pryor with a nicer delivery in a Ryan Day offense. That little wind up of his might be a killer in the NFL when having to hit "windows". Their offense usually has him throwing to wide open receivers.

ADVERTISEMENT