Let me summarize Biden's press release today

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
The problem has been caused by the pandemic and Putin.

Oil companies are not investing in more drilling to help solve the problem so we will penalize them.

Since they aren't helping we will solve the problem by releasing oil from our emergency reserves

When this problem is behind us we will continue to try and put you out of business and have a fossil free future.

Do these people ever listen to what they say?.

junior1

May 29, 2001

Oil companies are not investing in more drilling to help solve the problem so we will penalize them.

Since they aren't helping we will solve the problem by releasing oil from our emergency reserves

When this problem is behind us we will continue to try and put you out of business and have a fossil free future.

Biden campaigned on a promise to do away with fossil fuels. According to kudlow, in the new Biden budget proposal there are 36 tax increases - or things that will increase taxes - of these 11 impact the fossil fuel industry. To now say that fossil fuel companies are the problem is a little disingenious.
I'd bet that with a new president, one pro fossil fuel, we could be energy independent again within a short time. And energy independence means an all of the above strategy.
Now Biden wants to punish companies that have leases but are not drilling. That should be interesting!

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
Biden campaigned on a promise to do away with fossil fuels. According to kudlow, in the new Biden budget proposal there are 36 tax increases - or things that will increase taxes - of these 11 impact the fossil fuel industry. To now say that fossil fuel companies are the problem is a little disingenious.
I'd bet that with a new president, one pro fossil fuel, we could be energy independent again within a short time. And energy independence means an all of the above strategy.
Now Biden wants to punish companies that have leases but are not drilling. That should be interesting!
Spot on!

Reactions: Sullivan

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001

71NrRM-AdHL._AC_SX466_.jpg

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001

One of Kudlow's guest made an interesting point. We tax the shit of cigarettes to reduce consumption, what do you think is going to happen to oil companies when you try and tax the shit out them??? They will produce less. The progressives and the Biden Admin want high oil prices to drive down fossil fuel consumption. They were just too stupid to realize high inflation will also result. The crash in 2008 came as a result of $100/bbl oil driving inflation and forcing the Fed to raise interest rates. It will be no different this time around. Hopefully the banks are in better position than last time and I expect they are. We will still have a nasty recession in the next two years. Good luck to the Dems in 2024. Time to let the adults back in the room.

junior1

May 29, 2001
One of Kudlow's guest made an interesting point. We tax the shit of cigarettes to reduce consumption, what do you think is going to happen to oil companies when you try and tax the shit out them??? They will produce less. The progressives and the Biden Admin want high oil prices to drive down fossil fuel consumption. They were just too stupid to realize high inflation will also result. The crash in 2008 came as a result of $100/bbl oil driving inflation and forcing the Fed to raise interest rates. It will be no different this time around. Hopefully the banks are in better position than last time and I expect they are. We will still have a nasty recession in the next two years. Good luck to the Dems in 2024. Time to let the adults back in the room.
To me, the worst part is the pain is manageable without forgoing the desire to move to renewable energy. But, we don't seem to have a national plan to get us to energy independence. Some described today's Biden action as putting a bandaid on a sucking chest wound

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Honestly, 90% of them cannot think 1 mm past their outstretched hand. You made a perfect example. The bottom line is that they want what they want and they want it now. Gotta have it, and gotta have it right now (like Lois and her damn hat in Goodfellas.) No amount of rational argument can budge their emotional positions.

I mean, WE MUST SAVE THE WORLD RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Reactions: roswelllion