ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s Go Duke.....Beat ND!

Or seems silly to be playing frankly. I have no interest in watching this Covid experiment on tv. Without a full stadium of fans and students it seems trivial. Who cares?

Reactions: phillybillyreprise
I’m watching the game and the ND reduced attendance and social distancing plan has me confused. They’ve panned the crowd a couple of times, and it appears that in a few places large groups of people are clustered together like a sold out stadium. I guess Touchdown Jesus deflects COVID.

I’m watching the game and the ND reduced attendance and social distancing plan has me confused. They’ve panned the crowd a couple of times, and it appears that in a few places large groups of people are clustered together like a sold out stadium. I guess Touchdown Jesus deflects COVID.

Yeah, I saw that too. Students clumped together in groups but I’m sure it’s no different than on campus anyway.

I did notice the ND coordinator in the booth keeps his mask off until he goes to talk on the mic down to the field. Then he puts the mask on until he’s done speaking and takes it off again. His mask is to hide what he’s saying, not stop the spread of covid. 🙄

I was waiting for Glov to jump in today. His 2 favorite schools- Duke and Notre Dame. Who does he root for?

A meteor.

Duke would have the ball in FG range if not for an offsides (that didn't benefit the rush anyhow) penalty.

Upset #3 of the day perhaps?

Reactions: TheGLOV and psu00

They earlier said the seating assignments in the stadium are based on their residence groups so any larger groups are supposedly a group that is living together.

In all honesty the Social Distancing seems pretty good.

Reactions: step.eng69
Lots of people in Tallahassee today. Just eyeballing it, it looks like more people In the stadium than at ND.

EDIT- They just showed a view from above that doesn’t look as full. 19,000 there apparently.

Hey look at me...I'm so important I'm not going to watch something and make sure everyone knows. Social media has created a bunch of whiny c--ts.
I wondered about that. Who cares if poster xxx isn’t watching a game? So what.

I wondered about that. Who cares if poster xxx isn’t watching a game? So what.
Got me.

AcrobaticYellowCoati-small.gif

Wonder if the crowd noise is amplified for TV?
I'm watching out of curiosity.

NBC said there was no amplification of sound in the Thurs night game, I suspect that would be the case today and throughout the season, NFL and CFB.

(Sounds “natural” to me as I’ve watched the game today.)

Reactions: step.eng69
They earlier said the seating assignments in the stadium are based on their residence groups so any larger groups are supposedly a group that is living together.

In all honesty the Social Distancing seems pretty good.
I just turned on TV- didn’t realize ND plays on turf. Love that Penn St is still on grass

I don't even know you anymore!

You're letting me down sir on a consistent basis.

I'm worried about you.

:)
One day I'll tell you the number of times i have meet and sat with The Dean Smith and Bill Guthridge at dinners in Wilkes Barre when he was recruiting Dave Popson from Central Catholic (Bishop O'Rilly) in the early 80's. Smith came to visit at our farm during his recurting of Dave. One of the things that i remember about Smith, he smoked cigarettes like a chimney. I smoked heavily at the time, couldn't believe how much Dean Smith smoked. My brother in law, Rich Davis, was an assistant coach at Central Catholic (O'Rilly) and the head coach, Mahon.

All said and done....Popson would have been better off with Digger. One of several that Digger Phelps lost to Dean. Digger really, really wanted Popson. There was too much talent at UNC.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Or seems silly to be playing frankly. I have no interest in watching this Covid experiment on tv. Without a full stadium of fans and students it seems trivial. Who cares?
I'd say millions care. Millions are more than one.

ADVERTISEMENT