ADVERTISEMENT

LemonPie.....Discuss

Had a neighbor who used to make a homemade cheesecake. Swear to God they were 3 inches thick and she'd put cherries on top every time. I'd take one back after visiting and everyone in the fraternity house knew the rule - a 1/8 size piece cost a 6-pack of my choice (within reason, we all were in college in the late 80s). I'd eat about a 1/4 of the thing and have a wide variety of beers for a couple weeks.
Have tried cheesecake in several parts of the world, and almost every high-end restaurant I've ever dined in, and not one has been as good.

It took you a couple of weeks to drink 36 beers?

His last post was about someone questioning his metric methodology on 9/2/2020:

It’s just so incredibly insulting that I could spend hundreds of hours of my free time trying to introduce new metrics to the sport, and then some rube, who hasn’t paid any attention to my work, would suggest that I don’t understand the difference between a 6-0 decision and a 1st period pin.

His last activity of any kind on the forums was on 12/4/2020, so it looks to me like @LemonPie took a self imposed hiatus.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Quick one I picked up

KEY LIME-WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE

For the crust:

1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs

¼ cup sugar

5 tablespoons butter, melted

For the filling:

1½ pounds cream cheese, room temperature

½ cup sugar

pinch of nutmeg

pinch of salt

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 whole eggs, room temperature

2 egg yolks, room temperature

1# quality white chocolate, melted

6 ounces key lime juice, room temperature

2 tablespoons Meyer’s Dark Rum

1. For the crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter and press into the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
  2. For the filling, using an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, sugar, nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
  3. Add the room temperature eggs and yolks individually to the cream cheese mixture. Scrap the bowl often.
  4. To melt the white chocolate, pour chocolate into a microwave-safe container and cook in 30 seconds increments at half power, stirring between each cooking interval. Continue cooking and stirring until chocolate is smooth.
  5. Fold melted chocolate into the cream cheese base until completely incorporated.
  6. Combine key lime juice and rum and fold into the batter.
  7. Pour filling into the prepared crust. Bake at 325° F in a water bath for 50 minutes to an hour. The center should be set.
  8. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool for two hours on a wire rack. For best results, chill overnight before unmolding.

Pageologist, what is your home address?

Histone, how far west are these restaurants?

I left Cheesecake out of All New Years resolutions.

Crooked Creek is the furthest west. It's close to Ricketts Glenn Strate Park.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
I am partial to apple myself...;)
I am partial to hair pie like this...:p

giphy.gif

Crooked Creek is the furthest west. It's close to Ricketts Glenn Strate Park.
Sorry to drag this thread back from the depths, but I have a fairly good reason (cheesecake).

What kind of cheesecake does Crooked Creek have right now. We're heading up to Ricketts Sunday and we will most likely eat there. I can't wait to try a slice.

Reactions: danoftw and hlstone
Sorry to drag this thread back from the depths, but I have a fairly good reason (cheesecake).

What kind of cheesecake does Crooked Creek have right now. We're heading up to Ricketts Sunday and we will most likely eat there. I can't wait to try a slice.

They don't have one right now. I will take one out there today. Even though they didn't order it. I will update this when I decide what flavor I'm delivering. Thanks for asking.

Sorry?

Next to discussing 4 or 5 National Champs on a Saturday night or Tokyo reservations for 50% of the US Olympic team being NLWC members, these Cheesecake posts are next in line, they are 1b.

Never apologize about food posting especially off season.

I hope you reach your goal today with histone in your corner!

Ok here are the options,
Fruity Pebbles
Chocolate chip cookie dough
Key Lime
Chocolate/ Peanut Butter
Chocolate/ Caramel/Pecan (Shak came up with this flavor)

I made a plain one from scratch a few weeks ago. The recipe called for lemon zest. Then I made a topping with red raspberry preserves and fresh red raspberries. It was fantastic.

My next one will be a key lime cheesecake. I'll probably make it for Easter.
Did you make a key lime cheesecake for Easter? If so hope it turned out well and that you enjoyed it. I'm getting hungry just typing this out...

Reactions: hlstone
I had HLStone cheesecake last night! Awesome.

And how is the food at Crooked Creek? Need to add it to our list.

Reactions: hlstone
I had HLStone cheesecake last night! Awesome.

And how is the food at Crooked Creek? Need to add it to our list.
We're walking in the door now

Edit. We didn't eat there. They had a 2 person band and it was waaaaaay too loud. Got 2 key lime cheesecakes to go. I'll eat them when we get home.

Why do bands insist on blowing out everyone's eardrums. Especially on such a small venue. Maybe I'm hitting my "get off my lawn" stage. But when you have to yell just to place your order that's not enjoyable.

Last edited:
We're walking in the door now

Edit. We didn't eat there. They had a 2 person band and it was waaaaaay too loud. Got 2 key lime cheesecakes to go. I'll eat them when we get home.

Why do bands insist on blowing out everyone's eardrums. Especially on such a small venue. Maybe I'm hitting my "get off my lawn" stage. But when you have to yell just to place your order that's not enjoyable.

Oh shucks, I didn't know about that. But, I had a personal chocolate/ pb for you to take home. Oh well. I hope you enjoyed your hike at Ricketts

Reactions: CentexLion
Oh shucks, I didn't know about that. But, I had a personal chocolate/ pb for you to take home. Oh well. I hope you enjoyed your hike at Ricketts
Damn. Thank you again for running that out though. I wish I knew about the chocolate/pb. I would have snagged it too. I can't wait to dig in once we get home.

My wife will have a tough decision to make. She loves key lime, but doesn't like cheesecake.

Ricketts was great. We saw all the falls (about 7 mile round trip). 1100 feet down and 1100 feet back up to the top. Highly recommend it. Good tennis shoes or hiking boots are needed.

Damn. Thank you again for running that out though. I wish I knew about the chocolate/pb. I would have snagged it too. I can't wait to dig in once we get home.

My wife will have a tough decision to make. She loves key lime, but doesn't like cheesecake.

Ricketts was great. We saw all the falls (about 7 mile round trip). 1100 feet down and 1100 feet back up to the top. Highly recommend it. Good tennis shoes or hiking boots are needed.
Ricketts is a beautiful park, it was almost a National Park.

Pretty sure if @LemonPie eventually shows up again, sees there's a thread about him, sees further that it quickly descended into a travel and baking discussion, he'll be greatly disappointed.
I thought about that. If I remember correctly, one of the things that annoyed him was derailing threads.

Oh well, if he gets mad about it, at least we will know we got him back

Reactions: hlstone and tikk10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT