Lee VS. Taylor - Debate

Taylor or Lee?

• Lee

Votes: 43 37.1%
  • Taylor

Votes: 73 62.9%

• Total voters
“Lee VS. Taylor - Debate”

If Lee debates Taylor, I think they would start out pretty even. Both guys have that wholesome howdy-doody smile going. Eventually, though, Taylor would have multiple arguments, multiple theories, whereas Lee would just repeat his one great argument again and again. And then the judges will notice that Lee sways side to side when he talks. They will get so distracted by the swaying that they forget to pay attention to Lee’s words. When they look at their notes at the end, they’ll think that Lee made no points in the later speeches. They’ll have to say Taylor won.

“Lee VS. Taylor - Debate”

If Lee debates Taylor, I think they would start out pretty even. Both guys have that wholesome howdy-doody smile going. Eventually, though, Taylor would have multiple arguments, multiple theories, whereas Lee would just repeat his one great argument again and again. And then the judges will notice that Lee sways side to side when he talks. They will get so distracted by the swaying that they forget to pay attention to Lee’s words. When they look at their notes at the end, they’ll think that Lee made no points in the later speeches. They’ll have to say Taylor won.
Well done 👍

Yes, Daton Fix.
Beat Suriano at S32 I believe.

IIRC he lost to Fix in finals of JRWTT,as an actual Cadet age. Lee then went on to wrestle up a weight in Cadets and won worlds while not giving up a point (or maybe this was the year he gave up one point)
Meanwhile Fix didnt even medal at Jrs.

Lee lost to Suriano at S32 as an 8 th grader if we gettin technical. He beat him the following year.

Where did lee wrestle LP while in HS?

Beat Suriano at S32 I believe.

IIRC he lost to Fix in finals of JRWTT,as an actual Cadet age. Lee then went on to wrestle up a weight in Cadets and won worlds while not giving up a point (or maybe this was the year he gave up one point)
Meanwhile Fix didnt even medal at Jrs.
If we gettin technical you may want to re-read your post and fix the inaccuracies.

Not afraid to be wrong,as was evident by the “IIRC”,
but not gonna re-read my post. If you know how it happened feel free to correct me or shut up.
giphy.gif

Not afraid to be wrong,as was evident by the “IIRC”,
but not gonna re-read my post. If you know how it happened feel free to correct me or shut up.
The only thing correct was that Fix didn't medal at Jrs. Let me help you out dumb dumb, Fix beat Lee at Cadet team trials. Lee moved DOWN a weight and was allowed to wrestle Jr team trials. Lee moved Down a weight cause Fix was allowed to wrestle Jrs. as well. Fix lost to Micic in the finals. Lee did go on to win jr. world gold and Fix went on to win Cadet world bronze. Hope that shakes the cobwebs a bit.

The only thing correct was that Fix didn't medal at Jrs. Let me help you out dumb dumb, Fix beat Lee at Cadet team trials. Lee moved DOWN a weight and was allowed to wrestle Jr team trials. Lee moved Down a weight cause Fix was allowed to wrestle Jrs. as well. Fix lost to Micic in the finals. Lee did go on to win jr. world gold and Fix went on to win Cadet world bronze. Hope that shakes the cobwebs a bit.
Cobwebs shook, not sure how to take the “dumb dumb” thought, pretty sure Willie used that as a term of endearment but guessing thats not the case here.

Was that the final when Lee was down big
to start the match, then staged his comeback? Lots of cobwebs all around..

At first I thought Lee would beat DT in high school but after thinking about it I'm not sure. It's a coin flip for me.

Must be all cobwebs. Spencer was up early in both of the matches and Fix came back to win both.
I was referring to Spencer's JR world Gold medal match in 2016

"In his last age-group showdown, Lee dominated the field on his way to the finals, before facing Kurshid Parpiev from Kyrgyzstan. In the finale, Lee went a full six-minute match for the first time in the junior level, and was forced to dig dip as his opponent held the lead after the first round, but Lee was able to scored eleven points of his own against Parpiev's five in the second period to edge the gold medal and become a two-time Junior World Champion"

Last edited:
I was referring to Spencer's JR world Gold medal match in 2016

In his last age-group showdown, Lee dominated the field on his way to the finals, before facing Kurshid Parpiev from Kyrgyzstan. In the finale, Lee went a full six-minute match for the first time in the junior level, and was forced to dig dip as his opponent held the lead after the first round, but Lee was able to scored eleven points of his own against Parpiev's five in the second period to edge the gold medal and become a two-time Junior World Champion
i will h/t to you on your research and links during your lunch hour. well done

#nowgogetyourshinebox

Yep. The win over Stieber in HS pretty much sealed my decision.
Why? It was a freshman Logan Steiber.

Lee (healthy) was at a different level than Taylor in high school. He won 3 completely dominant world titles, one wrestling up an age group with a torn labrum. DT wrestled at junior worlds at the same weight as Spencer and didn't place in his only trip.

DT, while an incredible high school wrestler and #1 in his class, didn't become "DT" until after his true freshman year at Penn State. Remember that he came in and got beat solidly by Cyler and Bubba in opens and then took multiple losses in freestyle that summer to guys like DSJ and Conrad Polz, who he dominated after that. Spencer came in right away, off ACL surgery, and was an immediate title threat.

DT's development from high school to his first year in the lineup was really impressive and a testament to your coaching staff. But I don't think he was at Spencer's level coming out.

Mostly correct, but I'll shake a cobweb for you, though I'll leave out the insults. Lee wrestled UP a weight at Cadets so that Gavin Teasdale could make the team at 50 kg because they wanted to go together. Lee wasn't even a big 50kg that year when he won junior worlds.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Taylor is less than 2 months older than Stieber.
Sure, but are we going to use results from when they're 14? Should we hold DT's Jamie Clark and Ben Sergent losses against him? Spencer didn't lose to anybody on that level.

What about the rest of the post?

I think Lee was better in high school, but Taylor closed that gap with a huge jump once he started training under Cael.

Sure, but are we going to use results from when they're 14? Should we hold DT's Jamie Clark and Ben Sergent losses against him? Spencer didn't lose to anybody on that level.

What about the rest of the post?

I think Lee was better in high school, but Taylor closed that gap with a huge jump once he started training under Cael.
My point was that you attempted to downplay Taylor's win over Stieber without context. So I added the context.

Your position is clear: Taylor's win over Stieber in high school isn't truly a high school accomplishment, because reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT