ADVERTISEMENT

LaVar Arrington tweet

The players and coaches continued to compete in the 2nd half. We were clearly outmanned on D.
We have 6 winnable games ahead, and maybe Michigan State is winnable also. That's a stretch goal of 8 wins total in the regular season. Win 5 more, and the bowl, and we're at 8. A huge challenge given our lack of depth and experience but not impossible. 4 more wins gets us to a bowl.

Coaches will earn their money by keeping the players' heads on straight, figuring out how to practice with no LBs, and getting more players in the mix on O.... and turning all that into at least 4 more wins while realistically shooting for 6 more.

Just my opinion.

a9abcd6752da185309abfa5a17199566.jpg

Tonight this Board once again underscores the truth of the old maxim, "Don't ever try to confuse fools with facts when their minds are made up. It only confuses them more and makes them angry".

Very predictably, the Board is currently overpopulated with a raft of bullheaded, unperceptive, unthinking, knee-jerk-reactive and stupidly negative jackasses.

Last edited:
Where was LA's patience when BOB took over? What's different? Neither coach were PSU guys.

A Minnesota win would be great but going to be a tough game. I think Lavor as LB coach is something to think about, would help recruiting at that position.

Last edited:
What I'd give to see Lavar doing the Oklahoma Drill or Bull in the Ring with some of the incessantly negative clowns in here.

I'm afraid Lavar's sentiments may be too reasonable for many on this board. So allow me: Lavar is just an apologist! Stop making excuses!

Many on this board are crybaby assholes not worth the time of day. They can continue to blow their stupid statements out their ass and no one that matters cares.

To them .... Cry on Lazy White head banging boys! You are irrelevant.

Last edited:
What I'd give to see Lavar doing the Oklahoma Drill or Bull in the Ring with some of the incessantly negative clowns in here.

Genuine question because I've always generally agreed with your posts. Are you fully confident in Franklin's gameday coaching decisions? For instance, try to justify the time out before the field goal today. It seems he does things like that every game that make me lose confidence in his game day decision making.

I'm not ready to quit on Franklin, I think he should get the next 2 years to prove what he's doing, but I don't think he's immune from criticism in the meantime for decisions that are poor no matter what the talent level.

Genuine question because I've always generally agreed with your posts. Are you fully confident in Franklin's gameday coaching decisions? For instance, try to justify the time out before the field goal today. It seems he does things like that every game that make me lose confidence in his game day decision making.

I'm not ready to quit on Franklin, I think he should get the next 2 years to prove what he's doing, but I don't think he's immune from criticism in the meantime for decisions that are poor no matter what the talent level.
My main beef is reading some whine for the 987th time. I generally agree with you about some of Franklin's moves, but there are guys on here who will start threads about how they hate that he wears a polyester blend shirt - and then make 4 more threads about it. WE GET IT!

I started just staying away from this board for a day or 2 after seeing thread titles because the whining just gets so redundant.

Reactions: artsandletters

Circumstances always alter cases. Before unequivocally saying any on-the-field coaching decision is wrong, I'd want to know exactly what the circumstances were on the field at that moment which resulted in the decision. Do you know with certainty exactly what those circumstances were today?

Understand I'm not saying Franklin's decision was either good or bad, just that facts which most fans have no access to may have prompted it, e.g. a substitution snafu which would have been the immediate responsibility of someone other than the head coach.

Maybe the question will come up at his weekly news conference. I'd be interested to hear the response.

Tonight this Board once again underscores the truth of the old maxim, "Don't ever try to confuse fools with facts when their minds are made up. It only confuses them more and makes them angry".

Very predictably, the Board is currently overpopulated with a raft of bullheaded, unperceptive, unthinking, knee-jerk-reactive and stupidly negative jackasses.

Well it is tough you can't face the facts. Understood

Well it is tough you can't face the facts. Understood

Blue, there's a difference between the actual facts of PSU's situation and the "facts" which appear on this Board, without fail, from mostly the same posters, following every loss.

And now, since I firmly believe in the truth of the maxim referenced in the first paragraph
of my OP, I'll have nothing more to say about Saturday's loss at Ann Arbor.

Good bye.

Last edited:

Led by the #1 jackass, 21Gums/Miles.

Reactions: marshall23
Many on this board are crybaby assholes not worth the time of day. They can continue to blow their stupid statements out their ass and no one that matters cares.

To them .... Cry on Lazy White heading banging boys! You are irrelevant.

Exactly, how many people here continue to make excuses for Franklin instead of holding him accountable? The team is young but talented. There is no excuse for losing to Michigan the way they did. It is long past time for them to man up.

Exactly, how many people here continue to make excuses for Franklin instead of holding him accountable? The team is young but talented. There is no excuse for losing to Michigan the way they did. It is long past time for them to man up.

Its long past time for you to say goodbye. Get a job. Don't let the door hit you in the ass. Take a long walk on a short pier. Jump in a submarine with screen doors. In short. you are a whiny pain in the ass.

Its long past time for you to say goodbye. Get a job. Don't let the door hit you in the ass. Take a long walk on a short pier. Jump in a submarine with screen doors. In short. you are a whiny pain in the ass.

For a midget you sure talk like a tough guy, lmao. Punch him in the knees hard guy!

While I appreciate this tweet of LaVar's - did I miss where he has been standing all along shoulder to shoulder with Franco, perhaps at a protest or a panel discussion? Did I miss where LaVar spoke before the Board or addressed key decision-makers in Harrisburg?
He has come around, but you are right in questioning his early dedication to the cause.

Why? What'a the point? Let's remember who the bad guys are.

I understand what others are saying....at the lowest time in his professional career, one of the more popular players in Joe's recent tenure was not by his side. Maybe that had something to do with any lingering "differences" between the two, maybe it had to do with LaVar being as aghast as everyone else.....so I don't blame people for questioning this.

Franco stuck his neck out, publically....and he took a big risk....if I remember, it caused him to fall out of favor with the mayor of Pittsburgh. But, Franco has been around for a long time, and he is an established individual. Not everyone is in that position- maybe LaVar felt he was not as established and didn't want to take a risk.

Ive said it all a long Coach James Franklin needs 7-8 years to get his guys and completly insinuate his playbook. People are way to impatiant sometimes and forget how decamated we are with injuries and of course the lack of scolarships. Its going to take time people. Give the man some time.

Reactions: hlstone
That sounds like a lot of excuses, and I'd know, because as a Michigan fan we heard a lot of it during the Rich Rod years when the defense couldn't seem to even play as well as teams that were clearly less talented(recruiting rankings).

What I'd have a real problem with if I was a PSU fan was when Franklin decided to make a 4 score game, at 28-0, a four score game, at 28-3, by kicking a FG on the 2 yd line, not to mention using a timeout to make that decision. If that isn't a HC telling his team to lay down, I'm not sure what is. Then he compounds that mistake when PSU scores a TD to make the game 35-9, and he chooses to kick a frickin extra point, to once again make the game a 4 score game, instead of trying for 2 and making it possibly a 3 score game at 35-11. I mean, your coach fails at basic game theory, and common sense gameday coaching decisions, I'd be pissed if my coach were doing stupid sh!t like that, that's ridiculous. Little kids playing Madden make better decisions.

Being young is one thing, rolling over and dying is another, and that's what I saw out of PSU last Saturday, I expected a much better game.

Also, there's this:
[/QUOTE]Worst: Depths of Excuses

Before we go too much farther, I do want to point out a bone of contention I had with PSU fans continually claiming their mediocre performance is due to the ongoing recruiting issues stemming from the scholarship reductions. While it’s true PSU was limited somewhat on the recruiting trail, it’s not been a barren wasteland. Here is a chart of PSU’s recruiting numbers these past 5 years, taken from 24/7:

Year National Ranking Conference Ranking # of recruits
2012 46 8 23
2013 33 4 16
2014 24 3 26
2015 15 2 25
2016 20 4 20

Yes, Penn State had some limitations in terms of class size, but this wasn’t a team unable to recruit solid players to their program. And yet, the offensive line remains, at best, below average, with additional depth issues along the defensive line. Nobody can prepare for losing all 3 starting LBs, but this is a team that seemed to live off the last couple years of Joe Pa’s tenure and Bill O’Brien’s first year without properly replenishing the stock at key positions. Over Franklin’s first 3 years, they’ve recruited a total of 12 offensive linemen, exactly 3 in the top-250. Offensive line is always a bit of a crapshoot, but at least some of their issues do come from ineffective recruiting on the offensive line and, to a lesser extent, the linebackers and defensive line. The sanctions are all gone and their effects, whatever they are, should be mostly gone by now. I just don’t buy that their struggles keeping their QB upright is mostly due to a couple of missed scholarships.[/QUOTE]

That points to a coaching issue, and it's something Franklin should have fixed by now, your own AD went on record this past summer that this team shouldn't be getting blown out, and even with the injuries, which are bad, Franklin should have forseen this problem when he inherited the roster and recruited more LB's so he didn't have to resort to walk ons and the like to fill out his two deep.

JMO

Reactions: kevina001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT