ADVERTISEMENT

latest Suriano news

The grad transfer is an exception to the NCAA rule needing a release to be immediately eligible and to my knowledge has nothing to do with the BIG transfer rule so he would STILL lose a year of competition if he transferred to a BIG school. How may different posters and how many times are posters going to not get that NCAA and BIG transfer rules are NOT the same.
I fully understand the difference.

I could respond just as snarkily -- how many times do I need to post that grad transfers inherently fit under the B10 "inadmissibility" exception?

Since apparently I have to do it once more: the NCAA rule allows grad transfers where the new school offers a grad major that the old school doesn't. By definition, if a grad school doesn't offer a major, the student is inadmissible there.

Reactions: nitlion6

I could respond just as snarkily -- how many times do I need to post that grad transfers inherently fit under the B10 "inadmissibility" exception?

Since apparently I have to do it once more: the NCAA rule allows grad transfers where the new school offers a grad major that the old school doesn't. By definition, if a grad school doesn't offer a major, the student is inadmissible there.

Of the handful of examples of successful intra-B1G transfers in other sports, seemingly without any other obvious basis, most are grad transfers. Whether inadmissibility was the exception that allowed the move in each case, I don't know, but it's certainly easier to concoct an inadmissibility basis after you've graduated (just compare available majors and choose one not offered at outgoing school), so probably. I'd add that the the policy justifying the rule seems less applicable to post-grads.

Reactions: nitlion6

Sorry if you thought that was snarky because it was just meant to be factual. You said there WAS a way that is NOT true.

Sorry if you thought that was snarky because it was just meant to be factual. You said there WAS a way that is NOT true.
The in conference grad transfers to date appear to be feasibility evidence. (Budock could be discounted because Michigan needed a QB, but there are several others.) Also, I would have faith in Cael to call B10 HQ for a rules clarification before making any such promises.

Jefe with a non-snarky reply?? What is this world coming to?? :D

[QUOTE="dicemen99"

If anyone thinks in depth on the situation - which obviously hasn't happened much - PSU and Cael are most likely limited in their options in supporting or non-supporting of the waiver depending on different circumstances of the hardship claim.

[/QUOTE]

Just kidding here, but, 2,200+ comments and we're still waiting for someone to think in depth on the situation??? I'm thinking by comment 3,000, we'll have some depth . ;)

[QUOTE="dicemen99"

If anyone thinks in depth on the situation - which obviously hasn't happened much - PSU and Cael are most likely limited in their options in supporting or non-supporting of the waiver depending on different circumstances of the hardship claim.

Just kidding here, but, 2,200+ comments and we're still waiting for someone to think in depth on the situation??? I'm thinking by comment 3,000, we'll have some depth . ;)[/QUOTE]
I need chest waders for the depth of this shat. When will we find out either way?

Just kidding here, but, 2,200+ comments and we're still waiting for someone to think in depth on the situation??? I'm thinking by comment 3,000, we'll have some depth . ;)
I need chest waders for the depth of this shat. When will we find out either way?[/QUOTE]

In another 2000 posts. This includes travel tips and pictures of South Sudan and Venezuela.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I need chest waders for the depth of this shat. When will we find out either way?

In another 2000 posts. This includes travel tips and pictures of South Sudan and Venezuela.[/QUOTE]

There a •South• Sudan? What's next? A •New• Mexico?

My apologies for my crappy/snarky/stupid occasional posts on this thread. I am, after all, not just a doofus but a double doofus.

Reactions: garw and Dogwelder
I need chest waders for the depth of this shat. When will we find out either way?[/QUOTE]

We should find out in the next few days or so, but I'm not a journalist

42,000 students and no Nicks?

We're moving my daughter in tomorrow. Instead of Where's Waldo, we can play Where's Nick Suriano.

th

Looks like Nick was in South Beach last week. Seems he's really fattened up while being away from campus his summer but I'd still welcome him back in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Nicholas Raymond Suriano comes up when I check the student directory.. div undergraduate studies.. assume that is him but not diving any further than what is public record as the directory is right on line for all to see.

Nick has told us by not telling us IMO
I don't know about that. There is probably a lot going on in his life and I'm sure he doesn't think he needs to make a public statement to appease some of the wrestling boards. If I were a wrestler on the starting squad, these forums, if I read them, would be for pure entertainment purposes. Then I would feel weird that folks were stalking me...

Unbelievable as this may seem, he is capable of making up his mind without telling us.

Not to mention that his enrollment at PSU for fall semester still doesn't confirm anything with respect to his wrestling plans. Sure, it's a good sign if he is still at PSU, but still not 100% confirmation of anything until a statement is made.

I don't know about that. There is probably a lot going on in his life and I'm sure he doesn't think he needs to make a public statement to appease some of the wrestling boards. If I were a wrestler on the starting squad, these forums, if I read them, would be for pure entertainment purposes. Then I would feel weird that folks were stalking me...
We know more about Hockeygod than Nicolas Suriano. I'm thinking about stalking Hockeygod. :)

ADVERTISEMENT