ADVERTISEMENT

Latest in Paterno v NCAA

I recently retired after 36 years and thought maybe we would move back to PA to be closer to PSU and family (some in State College). But with this unending saga, and all of the lies and deception beneath it, it's now impossible to visit without thinking of the Organized Crime in control of the university, media, courts, agencies, and much of the state government.

And finally, we now understand that none of this is likely to change in our lifetimes, because one of the perpetrators of this nonsense has an awful legacy running the very Bureau that should be conducting the investigation.

I have been hopeful that something good would come out today. After all the trashing that PSU, the Paternos, alumni and fans have taken over the past two weeks, I am more than disappointed. I feel like AL just said "don't worry, I got your backs, but not today. Maybe someday later, but not today. "

Reactions: dalions81
I'm not judging Anthony one way or another, but I would ask each member of this group who is judging Anthone to start their next post listing what they have personally done to repudiate the Freeh Report, correct the governance at PSU, and to honor the participants in 50 years of Success with Honor.

I'm not judging Anthony one way or another, but I would ask each member of this group who is judging Anthone to start their next post listing what they have personally done to repudiate the Freeh Report, correct the governance at PSU, and to honor the participants in 50 years of Success with Honor.

I didn't bash Anthony and I made that clear. I've been hounding the BoT and politicians via email to get off their collective asses and intervene. Wolf is also guilty of doing nothing. He stated he knew the problems at Penn State before he was elected.

I never received answers from Barron, Barbour, Corbett, and others.

Not sure if folks are "judging Anthony", as a person.....but maybe you're right....IDK

I certainly don't "judge Anthony" (Or Bill Oldsey, or Alice Pope, or....whomever) as individuals.

I posted this elsewhere....not sure if I posted it here before or not....but if I have not, thought it might fit here:

"A (very) brief conversation with one of the A9 prompts me to want to post this:

None of the folks sitting in the A9 chairs....none of those individuals....is guilty of doing "less than their part" in this entire fiasco.

Fill in the blanks with the name of any member of the A9:

"_________ has done more than anyone could expect them to do, and more than anyone has a right to demand"

Fill in the name of ANY of the A9, and that statement is UNDENIABLY true.
Of that - - - - there is no doubt.

The issues with the folks in the A9 seats is not personal (not for me anyway)....if one can pardon the worn out "Godfather" reference - "It's not personal, its business"

Because it is also UNDENIABLY true that if this is the best we can be wrt those seats (and maybe it is) - then the battle is lost. Turn out the lights.

There is not/has not been a stampede of capable folks waiting in line to fill those A9 seats. Its a bitch of a job.

That doesn't change the fact that what is needed - I mean ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED - if we have any chance of success, is a full 9 member contingent that is a tightly packed collection of brains, balls, and backbone.
An absolutely righteous, committed group that is willing to risk EVERYTHING - - - - for no reward other than the CHANCE to rescue Penn State.

How many of THOSE folks are out there?

We all like to say "I will never give up"....and I have no doubt that in nearly every case we mean that with all of our heart.
I also know that simply "not giving up" isn't going to win the battle.......not even close.

Are there eight other folks out there that are willing to put everything on the line.....with no self-interests - with no reservations - with no expectations.......solely for the CHANCE that maybe, just maybe, PSU can be rescued from these bastards?

I don't know.

But the alternatives are not good.

It is up to us."

Reactions: roswelllion

Exactly. It boggles the mind that someone here would tell Anthony to shut up under any circumstances.

How in the world can Penn Staters sit back and watch - as just the most recent example in a long list - another $140,000,000 of graft, corruption, and - at the least - waste-laden funds.....OUR FUNDS - funds drawn from the pocketbooks of students, their families, and the citizens of PA......shuffled off to Lubert/Dambly Inc -
WITHOUT SO MUCH AS ONE QUESTION BEING RAISED
without so much as one concern being voiced
Easy. I have my degree and don't give any money to the University. I wonder what would happen if the Commonwealth did the same. I love PSU and the education I received but there is a real problem with leadership in post-secondary institutions (not just PSU). In a time they cry for more money, they turn around and waste money on projects, while giving themselves raises, and patting themselves on the back. It happens far to regularly in government and the private sector too. Cut staff, pensions, no wage increases, but turn around and grow admin., give them perks and bonuses. I've witnessed it time and time again where staff is asked to sacrifice but there is no leading by example.

Every one of us could give up our tickets, never give the university another dime and it still wouldn't matter to Anthony and the rest of the criminal elite now in control of our university. I think they are actually hoping for that. We aren't putting up the money for the new facilities.

Face the facts Anthony and the other power players have all sold us out. They are the incarnation of the "Move On" factions that hope to erase the memories of Joe Paterno and obscure the truth about what happened in 1998, 2001 or any other time the BoT and Administration broke our faith and the law. Due Process is their enemy. It's all over because it is all about keeping the money flowing in.

It's probably too late for a scorched earth policy. Would have been interesting to see how it would have turned out if such an approach was deployed.

Not sure if folks are "judging Anthony", as a person.....but maybe you're right....IDK

I certainly don't "judge Anthony" (Or Bill Oldsey, or Alice Pope, or....whomever) as individuals.

I posted this elsewhere....not sure if I posted it here before or not....but if I have not, thought it might fit here:

"A (very) brief conversation with one of the A9 prompts me to want to post this:

None of the folks sitting in the A9 chairs....none of those individuals....is guilty of doing "less than their part" in this entire fiasco.

Fill in the blanks with the name of any member of the A9:

"_________ has done more than anyone could expect them to do, and more than anyone has a right to demand"

Fill in the name of ANY of the A9, and that statement is UNDENIABLY true.
Of that - - - - there is no doubt.

The issues with the folks in the A9 seats is not personal (not for me anyway)....if one can pardon the worn out "Godfather" reference - "It's not personal, its business"

Because it is also UNDENIABLY true that if this is the best we can be wrt those seats (and maybe it is) - then the battle is lost. Turn out the lights.

There is not/has not been a stampede of capable folks waiting in line to fill those A9 seats. Its a bitch of a job.

That doesn't change the fact that what is needed - I mean ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED - if we have any chance of success, is a full 9 member contingent that is a tightly packed collection of brains, balls, and backbone.
An absolutely righteous, committed group that is willing to risk EVERYTHING - - - - for no reward other than the CHANCE to rescue Penn State.

How many of THOSE folks are out there?

We all like to say "I will never give up"....and I have no doubt that in nearly every case we mean that with all of our heart.
I also know that simply "not giving up" isn't going to win the battle.......not even close.

Are there eight other folks out there that are willing to put everything on the line.....with no self-interests - with no reservations - with no expectations.......solely for the CHANCE that maybe, just maybe, PSU can be rescued from these bastards?

I don't know.

But the alternatives are not good.

It is up to us."
StinkStankStunk,

If you are the person I'm thinking you are, you have stood up and done something. Thank you for that. My post was referring to the people on this forum who complain about Anthony but whose activism doesn't go beyond complaining on this board. Rather than just typing away on BWI, FB, and Twitter, get out there and do something. Make a difference! If you don't like what the A9 are doing, then go ahead and run against them next year. Or try getting yourself appointed by the Governor. Put an ad in the newspaper. Show up at the site and leave a brick. Write a letter to the editor. Find a reason to start your own lawsuit against the University...

StinkStankStunk,

If you are the person I'm thinking you are, you have stood up and done something. Thank you for that. My post was referring to the people on this forum who complain about Anthony but whose activism doesn't go beyond complaining on this board. Rather than just typing away on BWI, FB, and Twitter, get out there and do something. Make a difference! If you don't like what the A9 are doing, then go ahead and run against them next year. Or try getting yourself appointed by the Governor. Put an ad in the newspaper. Show up at the site and leave a brick. Write a letter to the editor. Find a reason to start your own lawsuit against the University...
I hear what you're saying - and no one wishes folks would be more "active" than I do

That said, that justification wrt the actions of the folks who DO sit in those seats, is a classic deflection

Whatever someone else does or doesn't do, does not justify the actions - or mitigate the responsibilities - of the folks who DO sit in those seats, who DO hold those positions of both authority and RESPONSIBILITY......... when they shit the bed

Yes, as I alluded to before, it would be wonderful (it may very well be crucial) if many, many more folks would step up and be willing to make the sacrifices to SERVE

We obviously, and unfortunately, do not have that

We also, obviously and unfortunately, have not seen those who DO fill those chairs act as Reaponsible Stewards

That doesn't mean they are "bad" people

That doesn't mean that you, I, or the guy down the street would do better

It DOES mean that if we can't do one hell of a lot better than what we have done over the last four years......its all over

Unless, of course, all one is concerned about is "409/PSU FOOTBALL/JVP/and the aspects of "Freeh" that deal with such"

That stuff will all be taken care of - I am confident in that - so the folks who's concerns are limited to that arena.......and I am sure there are a hell of a lot of those folks...... will be completely satisfied (eventually)

La Vie

Easy. I have my degree and don't give any money to the University. I wonder what would happen if the Commonwealth did the same. I love PSU and the education I received but there is a real problem with leadership in post-secondary institutions (not just PSU). In a time they cry for more money, they turn around and waste money on projects, while giving themselves raises, and patting themselves on the back. It happens far to regularly in government and the private sector too. Cut staff, pensions, no wage increases, but turn around and grow admin., give them perks and bonuses. I've witnessed it time and time again where staff is asked to sacrifice but there is no leading by example.

They pretty much already do.

Think of Me Lyrics

By Mike Reid

So now it seems this world has turned on you,

The night now burns a deeper shade of blue.

It feels as if there’s nothing you can do,

Think of Me, remember me.

When those you thought were friends have cut and run,

So easily forgetting all you’ve done—

Cross time and distance battles lost and won

You were the one that found the best in me,

You rescued me from myself.

You gave your precious love unselfishly

That part of you remains a part of me.

When you weary heart is in retreat,

And higher ground is crumbling at your feet.

The taste of life now lingers bittersweet

Promise me, you’ll think of me.

The one alone I lost and stood accused

But you refused to leave my side.

You never cared about what you might lose

You were a friend, you’ve always been

So when this trouble raging at your door,

Leaves you wondering what your life’s been for.

You won’t have to wonder any more

Just promise me………..

You’ll Think of Me.

Think of Me Lyrics

By Mike Reid

Just promise me………..

You’ll Think of Me.
Thank you

Reactions: AJ65 and bytir
And still, and still, people are being protected and covered for. (And I am not talking about CSS/JVP.)

And still, and still, let's wave off reasonable avenues of inquiry (things that can be proven) in exchange for promises that never see fruition.

And still, and still, we are asked to pretend that the goal posts are not being nudged, incrementally, down the field...and asked to not even wonder why.

And still, and still, questioning the ulterior motives of some people remains verboten.

And still, and still, wedges are being driven between us....and we are enabling the wedge drivers indiscriminately.

SMH

Think of Me Lyrics

By Mike Reid

Just promise me………..

You’ll Think of Me.
Uplifting, comforting, heartwarming...Thank you Mike.

Reactions: bytir

Think of Me Lyrics

By Mike Reid

Just promise me………..

You’ll Think of Me.
Outstanding! Thanks , Mr. Lubrano for posting. Thank you Mike Reid for the song.

Think of Me Lyrics

By Mike Reid

Just promise me………..

You’ll Think of Me.

Anthony, thanks very much for sharing this with us. That was heartwarming. We only saw Sue for a few seconds at the end, but I'm sure she loved it.

Think of Me Lyrics

By Mike Reid

Just promise me………..

You’ll Think of Me.
Wow.

Reactions: Ski
And still, and still, people are being protected and covered for. (And I am not talking about CSS/JVP.)

And still, and still, let's wave off reasonable avenues of inquiry (things that can be proven) in exchange for promises that never see fruition.

And still, and still, we are asked to pretend that the goal posts are not being nudged, incrementally, down the field...and asked to not even wonder why.

And still, and still, questioning the ulterior motives of some people remains verboten.

And still, and still, wedges are being driven between us....and we are enabling the wedge drivers indiscriminately.

SMH
Its just mind-numbing, that for nearly every issue of governance - both the hugely significant, and the relatively minor:

That when it is SO clear, when it is SO obvious what the right thing to do is........and when it is so INCREDIBLY EASY to do the right thing (at least in the minimum):

Another hundred million for Lubert/Dambly Inc?
Easy - say "No".....right?
But "we" say yes

Lubert wants to be Board Chair?
Easy - say "No"....right?
But "we" say yes

A nice fat bonus for the $6,000,000 bag of Bloviating Pig Shit?
Easy - say "No".....right?
But "we" say yes

And on and on and on.......every meeting

And - add this little ditty into the mix - this bewildering, mind-numbing, irresponsible, derilict behavior has gotten (much) WORSE over the last couple of years - since the full A9 has been seated - than it was in 2012/2013/2014

There are a slew of possible explanations/theories (none of them pleasant or encouraging) as to why the A9 have become so fiduciarily negligent.......and we surely are not getting ANY explanations from the A9 (as if there were any possible explainations for such outlandish and malfeasant behavior)

No doubt - a change of tack is needed ASAP
It - most certainly - may already be too late. But the only way to find out is to at least actually try. At least make the change and support new folks/new priorities in those seats........and to demand - and be willing to GIVE - one hell of a lot more than what we have gotten

Reactions: tomfleet

Think of Me Lyrics

By Mike Reid

Just promise me………..

You’ll Think of Me.

All making sense; wonder if Mr. Reid is a fan of the theater? I know our band is...

Think of me
think of me fondly,
when we've said
goodbye.
Remember me
once in a while
please promise me
you'll try.
When you find
that, once
again, you long
to take your heart back
and be free
if you
ever find
a moment,
spare a thought
for me ...

We never said
our love
was evergreen,
or as unchanging
as the sea
but if
you can still
remember,
stop and think
of me ...

Think of all the things
we've shared and seen -
don't think about the things
which might have been ...

Think of me,
think of me waking,
silent and
resigned.
Imagine me,
trying too hard
to put you
from my mind.
Recall those days,
look back
on all those times,
think of the things
we'll never do
there will
never be
a day, when
I won't think
of…you.

Reactions: tomfleet
On a first glance, though not being a lawyer, this looks like good news for the good guys. Any lawyers in the house?
Look at the last page. Good guys won their one (and it looks big), bad guys lost 2 of 3.

On a first glance, though not being a lawyer, this looks like good news for the good guys. Any lawyers in the house?

I'm not a lawyer but Page 11 of 18 states that the preliminary objections of personal jurisdiction by ed ray and mark emmert have been DENIED!!

They will rue the day they disparaged Joe and our "culture"

Last edited:
Page 11 of 18 states that the preliminary objections of personal jurisdiction by ed ray and mark emmert have been DENIED!!

They will rue the day they disparaged Joe and our "culture"

Also the ncaa's claim that documents re: repeal of consent decree between ncaa admins/board members and psu should be privileged has been shot down. They must also provide a log of any items they claim are still privileged

It went as well as one could expect for the Plaintiffs (Paterno, et al)

Although - it should be noted - all three rulings are what should be classified as "no brainers"

The Collateral Estoppel issue (the one in which the ruling was "in favor of" the Defendants) is - in and of itself - a non-issue. Simply gives the Defendants the right to make a claim for collateral estoppel (based on the Fed case) - - - - but says NOTHING as to the legitimacy of the claim.
Obviously, the Plaintiffs would have loved for the CE to be dismissed out of hand (so as to eliminate ANY possibility that CE could be imposed).....but unless the Judge shits the bed further on down the line, it will have no impact.

I don't think either side could be legitimately surprised at any aspect of these rulings.

It went as well as one could expect for the Plaintiffs (Paterno, et al)

Although - it should be noted - all three rulings are what should be classified as "no brainers"

The Collateral Estoppel issue (the one in which the ruling was "in favor of" the Defendants) is - in and of itself - a non-issue. Simply gives the Defendants the right to make a claim for collateral estoppel (based on the Fed case) - - - - but says NOTHING as to the legitimacy of the claim.
Obviously, the Plaintiffs would have loved for the CE to be dismissed out of hand (so as to eliminate ANY possibility that CE could be imposed).....but unless the Judge shits the bed further on down the line, it will have no impact.

I don't think either side could be legitimately surprised at any aspect of these rulings.

Correct; but did you come up with that conclusion on your own or did a lawyer friend give you a bit of input?:)

Correct; but did you come up with that conclusion on your own or did a lawyer friend give you a bit of input?:)
LOL

No, I prefer to utilize reason and intelligence.

If I ever choose to go down a different path - - - - I'll get in touch with you.

At the Temple game I saw Dr. Graham Spanier standing in the crowd on the curb watching and waiting for the Band to enter the stadium. It caught me by surprise but I reached out to shake his hand and he was very cordial. I said I would love to ask him 50 questions but it would not be appropriate to do so there on the street. He said he would love to answer them!

He seemed to me to be a well spoken man (of course) who is just itching to get this process going and when he does he will calmly and thoroughly go for the throat. He seemed steadfast in his position and confident in his position.

The best way I can put it is that he speaks softly but is carrying a big stick and he is going to let it all hang out when the time comes. He has enough money to live very comfortably yet there he is on the curb in the crowd dressed in a suit and tie where he could be mobbed and heckled by the Move-On crowd, yet he stood there with a smile on his face. He's got the right stuff and his goal is not money; it is to regain his reputation by going for the truth.

In parting I said give'm Hell, we're behind you and he confidently smiled. The guys a winner, and he is going to win. That's just my opinion but I am very happy that I had this chance encounter.

Give'm Hell Graham, and as I should of said, WE ARE behind you.

At the Temple game I saw Dr. Graham Spanier standing in the crowd on the curb watching and waiting for the Band to enter the stadium. It caught me by surprise but I reached out to shake his hand and he was very cordial. I said I would love to ask him 50 questions but it would not be appropriate to do so there on the street. He said he would love to answer them!

He seemed to me to be a well spoken man (of course) who is just itching to get this process going and when he does he will calmly and thoroughly go for the throat. He seemed steadfast in his position and confident in his position.

The best way I can put it is that he speaks softly but is carrying a big stick and he is going to let it all hang out when the time comes. He has enough money to live very comfortably yet there he is on the curb in the crowd dressed in a suit and tie where he could be mobbed and heckled by the Move-On crowd, yet he stood there with a smile on his face. He's got the right stuff and his goal is not money; it is to regain his reputation by going for the truth.

In parting I said give'm Hell, we're behind you and he confidently smiled. The guys a winner, and he is going to win. That's just my opinion but I am very happy that I had this chance encounter.

So, all the stuff the BWI Board University Presidents said about him all those years prior to 2011 are....not....true? :eek::confused:

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles

Good Stuff! Glad to hear sounds like he is doing well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT