ADVERTISEMENT

Latest in Paterno v NCAA

Item 1:

As opposed to the behavior of the PSU BOT over the last 5 years, The Trustees - ANY of the Trustees - need to understand just what the role of :

TRUSTEE, PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY

entails.

And act accordingly.

Because NONE of the Trustees - - the 9 elected, or the 27 other Scoundrels - - have illustrated that they know WTF the duties of that role entail

That was just 1. :)

BTW - in total, the three items you listed look, STUNNINGLY, like the end result that SOMEONE :) predicted YEARS AGO......

When SOMEONE stated that the Scoundrels would try to "wrap everything up in a nice little bow" by pointing the finger at Freeh - - as the last act of obfuscation. After all, that's the kind of weight that Louis is paid $8,000,000 to carry - and he couldn't care less about being tagged

I think we know who that SOMEONE was (hint: he posts on the BWI board under the moniker of StinkStankStunk)

Years ago, that SOMEONE just didn't know exactly how many "Scoundrels" there would be - who would be party to the little "point the finger at Louis, and maybe they'll all go away" party
Any points awarded for "I told you so" would be decremented for "brevity". ;)

On the eve of the meeting where a potential philosophical shift in the board's alumni relations strategy has been signaled, let's take a moment to establish some consensus about the scope of the task immediately in front of them. What do you think are the 3 (note to @StinkStankStunk: 3) most important things that need to happen?

Here's my 3 (and they're fairly non-negotiable):

1. The board of trustees need to accept full responsibility for the improper handling of what should have been an internal matter (and yes, I'm referring to the botched public dismissal of Joe Paterno), and make an unconditional apology for this egregious error.
Note: This error had NOTHING to do with the Freeh Report, and can happen as soon as right now.

2. Publicly accept or reject the Freeh Report based on a complete & thorough analysis (I'm trying to be objective here; the Freeh report is shite, and there's not a person who's read it that doesn't already know this).

3. Apologize to the alumni for their treatment over the past 5 years to include allowing us to be wrongly defamed by the Freeh Report, the NCAA and the media.
I really like this, but let me add a #4. An apology specifically to Sue Paterno. They've put her through living hell.

This document confirms Pitters had to know...
http://www.guidestar.org/ViewEdoc.aspx?eDocId=1329399&approved=True

The Second Mile Copyright © 2010 The Pittsburgh Foundation
Program Success Monitored By The Second Mile conducts ongoing evaluations on the impact and effectiveness of The Challenge Program in conjunction with researchers at Penn State and Pitt. During residential weeks, participants complete the Harter Self Perception Profile and the Assessment of Liability and Exposure to Substance Use and Antisocial Behavior (ALEXSA), providing information about how they view themselves and about the behaviors in which they engage, respectively. Parents fill out the Challenge Parent Survey before and after their children's residential weeks. They rate how frequently their children engage in 41 specific behaviors and, in the post-survey, whether their behavior has improved, remained the same, or deteriorated since returning from their residential weeks. Additionally, counselor referral rates of past participants indicate which youth make significant progress on their goals each year and, in turn, receive the opportunity to return to residential weeks.

I'm looking forward to hearing from Lubrano. He mentioned being able to talk more after the 17th.

Yeah, you ain't the only one pal. Especially after his ringing endorsement of the evil one as board chairman. This should better be not only good but worth the wait and prove to all that our trust wasn't misplaced.

Reactions: masterbaker65
Good morning everyone.
Today is September 18th, 2016.
That means it's after September 17th, 2016.
What do you suppose we may learn today in regards to the thyme and related issues of this thread?

Good morning everyone.
Today is September 18th, 2016.
That means it's after September 17th, 2016.
What do you suppose we may learn today in regards to the thyme and related issues of this thread?

I think that's a very fair question. We went from "walking on air" and disparaging comments about Lubbert to voting for Lubert for Chair followed by a ringing endorsement of him. Then the expectation that we would hear a lot more after 9/17.

I love you for all you've done Anthony, but it is time to throw your constituents a bone and let us know what to expect next, if anything.

I think that's a very fair question. We went from "walking on air" and disparaging comments about Lubbert to voting for Lubert for Chair followed by a ringing endorsement of him. Then the expectation that we would hear a lot more after 9/17.

I love you for all you've done Anthony, but it is time to throw your constituents a bone and let us know what to expect next, if anything.
Easy there. He said after 9/17. Just didn't say what day, month, or year for that matter.;)

When I last visited here, I said that I would begin making more substantive posts after September 17th.

Here we go...

First, the Board meetings last week were entertaining as always. The proposed change to the Expectations of Membership to limit social media interactions between Trustees and alumni and friends is likely the most fascinating development in an ongoing effort to squelch dissent. Of course, this is a feeble attempt to intimidate. Sad.

Second, the details of the Commemoration at yesterday's game were not shared with the entire Board until Friday morning. We did get a preview of the three videos.

Finally, our review of the Freeh Source Materials continues. Hats off to the efforts of Alice Pope, Larry Schultz and Mary Waldman. Alice has done a masterful job herding the cats. Larry and Mary have been invaluable additions to the team.

Although I cannot comment on our findings, I can say that I am EXTREMELY pleased with our efforts thus far.

By the way, I had the good fortune to participate in Friday's celebration of the Legacy of the Grand Experiment. Words cannot express the fellowship that more than 500 Lettermen and their spouses enjoyed. I hope to post the video I took of Mike Reid performing the song he wrote for the event. Lots of tears.

I'm sure this post isn't substantive enough for some but this is the best I can do today.

Well, that was a lot of nothing. No explanation of votes or statements.
Are you still pleased with Ira's leadership?

Anthony, we all love you and you are all we got. This post is not enough and is not a reason why you couldn't post for a month. I'm sure review is done by now. Can you at least give us a time line of when things might start happening?

Reactions: nits74
Anthony,

Thank you for your post. It is tough for all of us to be patient but we have no other choice. I for one continue to believe in the A9. Many of us appreciate your efforts which substantially higher than any one of us and more than many collectively.

We will continue the fight and I appreciate your efforts. We and I am sure you will never give up.

Thanks,

Nick Nemeth

When I last visited here, I said that I would begin making more substantive posts after September 17th.

Here we go...

First, the Board meetings last week were entertaining as always. The proposed change to the Expectations of Membership to limit social media interactions between Trustees and alumni and friends is likely the most fascinating development in an ongoing effort to squelch dissent. Of course, this is a feeble attempt to intimidate. Sad.

Second, the details of the Commemoration at yesterday's game were not shared with the entire Board until Friday morning. We did get a preview of the three videos.

Finally, our review of the Freeh Source Materials continues. Hats off to the efforts of Alice Pope, Larry Schultz and Mary Waldman. Alice has done a masterful job herding the cats. Larry and Mary have been invaluable additions to the team.

Although I cannot comment on our findings, I can say that I am EXTREMELY pleased with our efforts thus far.

By the way, I had the good fortune to participate in Friday's celebration of the Legacy of the Grand Experiment. Words cannot express the fellowship that more than 500 Lettermen and their spouses enjoyed. I hope to post the video I took of Mike Reid performing the song he wrote for the event. Lots of tears.

I'm sure this post isn't substantive enough for some but this is the best I can do today.

Anthony -

Thanks. I am still not pleased, but continue to trust your efforts.

Anthony, we all love you and you are all we got. This post is not enough and is not a reason why you couldn't post for a month. I'm sure review is done by now. Can you at least give us a time line of when things might start happening?
It's all under seal like everything else. It's a secret. We're not grown up enough to know. Maybe someday.

For 5 years we've been waiting for substantive answers. It didn't take Freeh 5 years to concoct his bullshit that was largely contrived by the Executive Committee and other lackeys. Two plus two isn't adding up to be four here, something stinks and is amiss.

Not a slam on Anthony, that isn't my intent, but the time frames aren't adding up nor are the so called "facts".

Reactions: nits74

Here we go...

I appreciate your efforts and those made by the other alumni trustees Anthony, but this can't be allowed to go on forever. On the one hand I would not want the review of the Freeh Report trash to be anything less than immensely thorough but on the other hand we are way past hungry for results. At long last, the worm needs to turn because in the meantime we are continued to be tortured by utter nonsense like this http://theundefeated.com/features/penn-state-doesnt-get-to-decide-joe-paternos-legacy/. Deliver us from evil like that spewed forth by Mike Wise.

Here we go...

Did anybody stand up during the " preview " and just express that that was pretty weak?

Can we at least get an estimate of when you expect the review of freeh materials to wrap up?

We alums have been getting crushed in the media and left out to twist in the wind defending ourselves and our school for far too long. The sooner PSU refutiates the freeh B.S. and holds those folks who facilitated it (frazier, peetz, erickson, surma, corbett, et al.) accountible the sooner we can start to reclaim our reputation (although the current narrative is always going to be believed by many).

I think one of the few ways to turn it around would be when the freeh review and lawsuits finish, to produce a netflix type documentary series that will walk everyone through the timeline and FACTS. Similar to the documentary making a murder. That's the only way to turn around the current narrative on a mass scale IMO.

I appreciate your efforts and those made by the other alumni trustees Anthony, but this can't be allowed to go on forever. On the one hand I would not want the review of the Freeh Report trash to be anything less than immensely thorough but on the other hand we are way past hungry for results. At long last, the worm needs to turn because in the meantime we are continued to be tortured by utter nonsense like this http://theundefeated.com/features/penn-state-doesnt-get-to-decide-joe-paternos-legacy/. Deliver us from evil like that spewed forth by Mike Wise.

What a bizarre world we live in. Paterno's legacy should be decided by people like Linda kelly and Frank Fina. The fact that people cling to Freeh report just proves they simply are justifying their preconceived notions.

I have to admit I'm somewhat underwhelmed. I understand no specific comments can be made on the Freeh review material but it would be nice to get an estimated timeline of when the review should be done. Several weeks? Several months? Longer?

Nothing to explain the significant 180 on Lubert. And after the astonishing vote of confidence by the A9 at the last meeting the old guard BoT moves to prevent any dissent or public opposition at this meeting. Seems like usiness as usual.

Did anybody stand up during the " preview " and just express that that was pretty weak?
Who cares?

If that is something that elected Trustees of PSU waste time on - - - without even putting into the mix the things they spend NO TIME on - - - that would be just sad.

All the bricks and objects brought to the site where the statue stood were unceremoniously dumped into a garbage truck by PSU employees in the 1st quarter. This on a day that the 50 years of teams, players and achievements of which JVP was the coach were ostensibly being "honored." I understand that there are sensitive issues that you cannot discuss Anthony. But as a Trustee, can you at least give us the name of who ordered this disrespectful act? You should be outraged. Someone should be accountable.

For 5 years we've been waiting for substantive answers. It didn't take Freeh 5 years to concoct his bullshit that was largely contrived by the Executive Committee and other lackeys. Two plus two isn't adding up to be four here, something stinks and is amiss.

Not a slam on Anthony, that isn't my intent, but the time frames aren't adding up nor are the so called "facts".
Of course it didn't take Freeh long to concoct his "bullshit" because it was just that. He just had to keyword search and take emails and interviews out of context to fit a preconceived narrative. It's going to take a lot longer to look at ALL of the evidence and construct a timeline of what actually happened in order to accomplish what we need to accomplish.

Goddamnit! WTF is this?

Looks like another victory for the bad guys.

Darth Lubert proves that the Dark Side will continue to rule over the Happy Valley galaxy for the foreseeable future, only now he has the blessing of the alumni representatives. Thanks Big Tony.

All the bricks and objects brought to the site where the statue stood were unceremoniously dumped into a garbage truck by PSU employees in the 1st quarter. This on a day that the 50 years of teams, players and achievements of which JVP was the coach were ostensibly being "honored." I understand that there are sensitive issues that you cannot discuss Anthony. But as a Trustee, can you at least give us the name of who ordered this disrespectful act? You should be outraged. Someone should be accountable.
Nothing wrong with "finding out who did it" wrt the mementos

But, seriously, we don't have one person who will say one word about hundreds of millions of dollars of waste/graft/corruption - that are going to be stolen from the pocketbooks of PSU students, their families, and the citizens of PA - - - when it's happening right in front of their noses, while they have microphones in front of their mouths, and it all moves forward with THEIR explicit consent.............

And the big "issue" we have is that they should find out who sent out the trash crew?

Seriously?

Actually, I really don't think i want to know how most folks would answer that question.
:)

Goddamnit! WTF is this?

Looks like another victory for the bad guys.

Darth Lubert proves that the Dark Side will continue to rule over the Happy Valley galaxy for the foreseeable future, only now he has the blessing of the alumni representatives. Thanks Big Tony.

I realize Anthony is the one taking the bullets because he is the one who puts himself out there. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but the one who has done absolutely nothing is Jubelirer. I'm guessing we all voted for him because we needed someone with some political clout to move this thing along. I've learned, however, that he is nothing more than a politician. He said alot, but he's done nothing. And we ought to put Yudichak in the same boat. He did alot of talking, but he's done nothing as well.

Nothing wrong with "finding out who did it" wrt the mementos

But, seriously, we don't have one person who will say one word about hundreds of millions of dollars of waste/graft/corruption - that are going to be stolen from the pocketbooks of PSU students, their families, and the citizens of PA - - - when it's happening right in front of their noses, while they have microphones in front of their mouths, and it all moves forward with THEIR explicit consent.............

And the big "issue" we have is that they should find out who sent out the trash crew?

Seriously?

Actually, I really don't think i want to know how most folks would answer that question.
:)
I didn't prioritize the issues did I? To me the disrespect is part of a bigger issue. If I use your logic, this board is insignificant as many people deal with issues of life and death. Get over yourself.

Everyone is sick and tired of "something big is going to happen on xx/xx/xx date". Just stop it, everyone. Until you have something that actually does matter, shut up. I don't care how much you have been fighting the good fight, everyone is tired of hearing "I know something you don't know -- but I'm not going to say it now". Just be quiet until you have something to say that actually matters. Because no one believes that will ever happen after being teased time and time and time again.

For those fighting the good fight, please continue doing so. But please shut up until there is something substantive (and I mean REALLY substantive).

Sorry to be so blunt but I am beyond tired of the Lucy and Charlie Brown FG attempt.

I didn't prioritize the issues did I? To me the disrespect is part of a bigger issue. If I use your logic, this board is insignificant as many people deal with issues of life and death. Get over yourself.
No......you didn't

For that I am thankful........

While I have no way of knowing, and wouldn't assume, how you - specifically - would do so.........as I said earlier:

"I really don't think I want to know how most folks would answer that question"

ADVERTISEMENT