Latest in Paterno v NCAA

Discussion in 'BWI / McAndrew Board' started by lubrano, Mar 30, 2016.

1. PSUMATT85

PSUMATT85 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

It is now after the 17th. Looking forward to something.....

jerseylion109 likes this.
  2. MichaelJackSchmidt

MichaelJackSchmidt Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Still the 17th in AZ.....

3. OldTiredLion

OldTiredLion Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Good morning everyone.
    Today is September 18th, 2016.
    That means it's after September 17th, 2016.
    What do you suppose we may learn today in regards to the thyme and related issues of this thread?

4. artsandletters

artsandletters Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Parsley, sage and rosemary.:)

nits74 likes this.
  5. nits74

nits74 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Clever.

6. OldTiredLion

Expand Collapse

LOL

Oops.....theme! Gimme a break man, rough after-the-game tailgate yesterday. :oops:

7. Mixolydian

Mixolydian Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think that's a very fair question. We went from "walking on air" and disparaging comments about Lubbert to voting for Lubert for Chair followed by a ringing endorsement of him. Then the expectation that we would hear a lot more after 9/17.

I love you for all you've done Anthony, but it is time to throw your constituents a bone and let us know what to expect next, if anything.

Ski, eloracv, tomfleet and 1 other person like this.
  8. nits74

nits74 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Easy there. He said after 9/17. Just didn't say what day, month, or year for that matter.;)

9. lubrano

lubrano Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

When I last visited here, I said that I would begin making more substantive posts after September 17th.

Here we go...

First, the Board meetings last week were entertaining as always. The proposed change to the Expectations of Membership to limit social media interactions between Trustees and alumni and friends is likely the most fascinating development in an ongoing effort to squelch dissent. Of course, this is a feeble attempt to intimidate. Sad.

Second, the details of the Commemoration at yesterday's game were not shared with the entire Board until Friday morning. We did get a preview of the three videos.

Finally, our review of the Freeh Source Materials continues. Hats off to the efforts of Alice Pope, Larry Schultz and Mary Waldman. Alice has done a masterful job herding the cats. Larry and Mary have been invaluable additions to the team.

Although I cannot comment on our findings, I can say that I am EXTREMELY pleased with our efforts thus far.

By the way, I had the good fortune to participate in Friday's celebration of the Legacy of the Grand Experiment. Words cannot express the fellowship that more than 500 Lettermen and their spouses enjoyed. I hope to post the video I took of Mike Reid performing the song he wrote for the event. Lots of tears.

I'm sure this post isn't substantive enough for some but this is the best I can do today.

Ski, alphadog7, Zenophile and 12 others like this.
  10. Western PA

Western PA Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Well, that was a lot of nothing. No explanation of votes or statements.
    Are you still pleased with Ira's leadership?

11. richie83

richie83 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Anthony, we all love you and you are all we got. This post is not enough and is not a reason why you couldn't post for a month. I'm sure review is done by now. Can you at least give us a time line of when things might start happening?

nits74 likes this.
  12. NICNEM_PSU80

NICNEM_PSU80 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Anthony,

Thank you for your post. It is tough for all of us to be patient but we have no other choice. I for one continue to believe in the A9. Many of us appreciate your efforts which substantially higher than any one of us and more than many collectively.

We will continue the fight and I appreciate your efforts. We and I am sure you will never give up.

Thanks,

Nick Nemeth

marshall23 and Mixolydian like this.
  13. PSUMATT85

PSUMATT85 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Anthony -

Thanks. I am still not pleased, but continue to trust your efforts.

14. artsandletters

artsandletters Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

It's all under seal like everything else. It's a secret. We're not grown up enough to know. Maybe someday.

dalions81 and nits74 like this.
  15. tomfleet

tomfleet Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

For 5 years we've been waiting for substantive answers. It didn't take Freeh 5 years to concoct his bullshit that was largely contrived by the Executive Committee and other lackeys. Two plus two isn't adding up to be four here, something stinks and is amiss.

Not a slam on Anthony, that isn't my intent, but the time frames aren't adding up nor are the so called "facts".

nits74 likes this.
  16. mhentz

mhentz Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I appreciate your efforts and those made by the other alumni trustees Anthony, but this can't be allowed to go on forever. On the one hand I would not want the review of the Freeh Report trash to be anything less than immensely thorough but on the other hand we are way past hungry for results. At long last, the worm needs to turn because in the meantime we are continued to be tortured by utter nonsense like this http://theundefeated.com/features/penn-state-doesnt-get-to-decide-joe-paternos-legacy/. Deliver us from evil like that spewed forth by Mike Wise.

1, nits74, tgar and 1 other person like this.
  17. tgar

tgar Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Did anybody stand up during the " preview " and just express that that was pretty weak?

18. WeR0206

WeR0206 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Can we at least get an estimate of when you expect the review of freeh materials to wrap up?

We alums have been getting crushed in the media and left out to twist in the wind defending ourselves and our school for far too long. The sooner PSU refutiates the freeh B.S. and holds those folks who facilitated it (frazier, peetz, erickson, surma, corbett, et al.) accountible the sooner we can start to reclaim our reputation (although the current narrative is always going to be believed by many).

I think one of the few ways to turn it around would be when the freeh review and lawsuits finish, to produce a netflix type documentary series that will walk everyone through the timeline and FACTS. Similar to the documentary making a murder. That's the only way to turn around the current narrative on a mass scale IMO.

LionFanStill, Ski, 1 and 3 others like this.
  19. pandaczar12

pandaczar12 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

What a bizarre world we live in. Paterno's legacy should be decided by people like Linda kelly and Frank Fina. The fact that people cling to Freeh report just proves they simply are justifying their preconceived notions.

Ski, Zenophile, 1 and 3 others like this.
  20. psu00

psu00 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I have to admit I'm somewhat underwhelmed. I understand no specific comments can be made on the Freeh review material but it would be nice to get an estimated timeline of when the review should be done. Several weeks? Several months? Longer?

Nothing to explain the significant 180 on Lubert. And after the astonishing vote of confidence by the A9 at the last meeting the old guard BoT moves to prevent any dissent or public opposition at this meeting. Seems like usiness as usual.

Ski, nits74, WeR0206 and 1 other person like this.
  21. StinkStankStunk

StinkStankStunk Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Who cares?

If that is something that elected Trustees of PSU waste time on - - - without even putting into the mix the things they spend NO TIME on - - - that would be just sad.

22. marshall23

marshall23 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

All the bricks and objects brought to the site where the statue stood were unceremoniously dumped into a garbage truck by PSU employees in the 1st quarter. This on a day that the 50 years of teams, players and achievements of which JVP was the coach were ostensibly being "honored." I understand that there are sensitive issues that you cannot discuss Anthony. But as a Trustee, can you at least give us the name of who ordered this disrespectful act? You should be outraged. Someone should be accountable.

Ski, MichaelJackSchmidt, 1 and 5 others like this.
  23. BlueBand

BlueBand Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Of course it didn't take Freeh long to concoct his "bullshit" because it was just that. He just had to keyword search and take emails and interviews out of context to fit a preconceived narrative. It's going to take a lot longer to look at ALL of the evidence and construct a timeline of what actually happened in order to accomplish what we need to accomplish.

24. OldTiredLion

Expand Collapse

Goddamnit! WTF is this?

Looks like another victory for the bad guys.

Darth Lubert proves that the Dark Side will continue to rule over the Happy Valley galaxy for the foreseeable future, only now he has the blessing of the alumni representatives. Thanks Big Tony.

nits74 and dalions81 like this.
  25. StinkStankStunk

Expand Collapse

Nothing wrong with "finding out who did it" wrt the mementos

But, seriously, we don't have one person who will say one word about hundreds of millions of dollars of waste/graft/corruption - that are going to be stolen from the pocketbooks of PSU students, their families, and the citizens of PA - - - when it's happening right in front of their noses, while they have microphones in front of their mouths, and it all moves forward with THEIR explicit consent.............

And the big "issue" we have is that they should find out who sent out the trash crew?

Seriously?

Actually, I really don't think i want to know how most folks would answer that question.
    :)

26. Diego Badman

Diego Badman Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I realize Anthony is the one taking the bullets because he is the one who puts himself out there. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but the one who has done absolutely nothing is Jubelirer. I'm guessing we all voted for him because we needed someone with some political clout to move this thing along. I've learned, however, that he is nothing more than a politician. He said alot, but he's done nothing. And we ought to put Yudichak in the same boat. He did alot of talking, but he's done nothing as well.

LionFanStill and Ski like this.
  27. marshall23

marshall23 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I didn't prioritize the issues did I? To me the disrespect is part of a bigger issue. If I use your logic, this board is insignificant as many people deal with issues of life and death. Get over yourself.

28. raleighnclion

raleighnclion Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Everyone is sick and tired of "something big is going to happen on xx/xx/xx date". Just stop it, everyone. Until you have something that actually does matter, shut up. I don't care how much you have been fighting the good fight, everyone is tired of hearing "I know something you don't know -- but I'm not going to say it now". Just be quiet until you have something to say that actually matters. Because no one believes that will ever happen after being teased time and time and time again.

For those fighting the good fight, please continue doing so. But please shut up until there is something substantive (and I mean REALLY substantive).

Sorry to be so blunt but I am beyond tired of the Lucy and Charlie Brown FG attempt.

Ski, TJD88, Option Bob and 5 others like this.
  29. StinkStankStunk

Expand Collapse

No......you didn't

For that I am thankful........

While I have no way of knowing, and wouldn't assume, how you - specifically - would do so.........as I said earlier:

"I really don't think I want to know how most folks would answer that question"

30. BobPSU92

BobPSU92 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

FIRE. LUBRANO. TWICE. :eek:

(Kidding, Anthony.)

Zenophile likes this.
  31. KnightWhoSaysNit

KnightWhoSaysNit Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I recently retired after 36 years and thought maybe we would move back to PA to be closer to PSU and family (some in State College). But with this unending saga, and all of the lies and deception beneath it, it's now impossible to visit without thinking of the Organized Crime in control of the university, media, courts, agencies, and much of the state government.

And finally, we now understand that none of this is likely to change in our lifetimes, because one of the perpetrators of this nonsense has an awful legacy running the very Bureau that should be conducting the investigation.

Ski, bytir, WeR0206 and 1 other person like this.
  32. green2623

green2623 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I think we have new 'Corberttism', and I deem it appropriate to the old guard.

33. Langmuir

Langmuir Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I have been hopeful that something good would come out today. After all the trashing that PSU, the Paternos, alumni and fans have taken over the past two weeks, I am more than disappointed. I feel like AL just said "don't worry, I got your backs, but not today. Maybe someday later, but not today. "

dalions81 likes this.
  34. jhsmith409

jhsmith409 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm not judging Anthony one way or another, but I would ask each member of this group who is judging Anthone to start their next post listing what they have personally done to repudiate the Freeh Report, correct the governance at PSU, and to honor the participants in 50 years of Success with Honor.

35. tomfleet

tomfleet Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I didn't bash Anthony and I made that clear. I've been hounding the BoT and politicians via email to get off their collective asses and intervene. Wolf is also guilty of doing nothing. He stated he knew the problems at Penn State before he was elected.

I never received answers from Barron, Barbour, Corbett, and others.

Hotshoe and dalions81 like this.
  36. StinkStankStunk

Expand Collapse

Not sure if folks are "judging Anthony", as a person.....but maybe you're right....IDK

I certainly don't "judge Anthony" (Or Bill Oldsey, or Alice Pope, or....whomever) as individuals.

I posted this elsewhere....not sure if I posted it here before or not....but if I have not, thought it might fit here:

"A (very) brief conversation with one of the A9 prompts me to want to post this:

None of the folks sitting in the A9 chairs....none of those individuals....is guilty of doing "less than their part" in this entire fiasco.

Fill in the blanks with the name of any member of the A9:

"_________ has done more than anyone could expect them to do, and more than anyone has a right to demand"

Fill in the name of ANY of the A9, and that statement is UNDENIABLY true.
    Of that - - - - there is no doubt.

The issues with the folks in the A9 seats is not personal (not for me anyway)....if one can pardon the worn out "Godfather" reference - "It's not personal, its business"

Because it is also UNDENIABLY true that if this is the best we can be wrt those seats (and maybe it is) - then the battle is lost. Turn out the lights.

There is not/has not been a stampede of capable folks waiting in line to fill those A9 seats. Its a bitch of a job.

That doesn't change the fact that what is needed - I mean ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED - if we have any chance of success, is a full 9 member contingent that is a tightly packed collection of brains, balls, and backbone.
    An absolutely righteous, committed group that is willing to risk EVERYTHING - - - - for no reward other than the CHANCE to rescue Penn State.

How many of THOSE folks are out there?

We all like to say "I will never give up"....and I have no doubt that in nearly every case we mean that with all of our heart.
    I also know that simply "not giving up" isn't going to win the battle.......not even close.

Are there eight other folks out there that are willing to put everything on the line.....with no self-interests - with no reservations - with no expectations.......solely for the CHANCE that maybe, just maybe, PSU can be rescued from these bastards?

I don't know.

But the alternatives are not good.

It is up to us."

roswelllion likes this.
  37. BobPSU92

BobPSU92 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. It boggles the mind that someone here would tell Anthony to shut up under any circumstances.

bwifan, Zenophile, 1 and 2 others like this.
  38. Keyser Soze 16801

Keyser Soze 16801 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Hat tip to Anthony for being the only trustee to vote against emeritus status for Jabba the Eckel.

Ski, eloracv, bytir and 2 others like this.
  39. canuckhal

canuckhal Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Easy. I have my degree and don't give any money to the University. I wonder what would happen if the Commonwealth did the same. I love PSU and the education I received but there is a real problem with leadership in post-secondary institutions (not just PSU). In a time they cry for more money, they turn around and waste money on projects, while giving themselves raises, and patting themselves on the back. It happens far to regularly in government and the private sector too. Cut staff, pensions, no wage increases, but turn around and grow admin., give them perks and bonuses. I've witnessed it time and time again where staff is asked to sacrifice but there is no leading by example.

LionFanStill, Ski, eloracv and 3 others like this.
  40. delcoLion

delcoLion Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It's probably too late for a scorched earth policy. Would have been interesting to see how it would have turned out if such an approach was deployed.