ADVERTISEMENT

Late signing day

Do we have any potential signees left?

The DT Rooks is about the only player that has generated much longer term discussion left for 2021. But if you go to the 2021 class thread you may find a couple more recent offers at other positions. How the recent Portal pickups are affecting the ability to take more players in the 2021 class is not really known, other than by CJF and his staff.....

Last edited:
Save the ships for 2022 class. Those that are left and that PSU is in on are not impressive. Fill in any open spots with grad transfers if you have to. Need players to contribute at DE and interior OL. Have to feel pretty good about rest of positions.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Besides George Rooks, the only other realistic possible signee would be WDE Davon Townley from Minneapolis. He's rated a 4 star.

Rooks is also considering Boston College and maybe Michigan.

Penn State's main competition for Townley is Nebraska and Michigan State.

Recent article that pretty much sums it up....

And there is a mention that Rooks could play DE (currently listed at 6'4" 260 lbs), similar to Vanover from the 2020 class.

Reactions: OhioLion
Save the ships for 2022 class. Those that are left and that PSU is in on are not impressive. Fill in any open spots with grad transfers if you have to. Need players to contribute at DE and interior OL. Have to feel pretty good about rest of positions.

Well since there is a 25 per year limit, this only works to a point. I would be happy to add Rooks and one or two more in the portal, if possible.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Besides George Rooks, the only other realistic possible signee would be WDE Davon Townley from Minneapolis. He's rated a 4 star.

Rooks is also considering Boston College and maybe Michigan.

Penn State's main competition for Townley is Nebraska and Michigan State.

Townley's recruiting video is very impressive. He has the suddenness I saw in Adissa Isaac's video. We could do far worse.

Well since there is a 25 per year limit, this only works to a point. I would be happy to add Rooks and one or two more in the portal, if possible.
Do I understand correctly that any early enrollees can be counted to the previous year. Therefore, if needed to be, any that enroll January of 2022, could count towards the 2021 class?

OL

Reactions: TheGLOV and bison13
Do I understand correctly that any early enrollees can be counted to the previous year. Therefore, if needed to be, any that enroll January of 2022, could count towards the 2021 class?

OL

Yes, that's true.

But we will likely not ever know the state of exactly how that has carried over year to year. i.e. how many of the 2020 were counted against 2019,.... to determine how many of the current year are being back counted, to how many in 2022 can be back counted. But it seems to me that the 85 limit may still be what limits the 2022 class as well, unless there is an awful lot of attrition leading up to that signing day/days....

Last edited:
Reactions: OhioLion
Yes, that's true.

But we will likely not ever know the state of exactly how that has carried over year to year. i.e. how many of the 2020 were counted against 2019,.... to determine how many of the current year are being back counted, to how many in 2022 can be back counted. But it seems to me that the 85 limit may still be what limits the 2022 class as well, unless there is an awful lot of attrition leading up to that signing day/days....
And, add to all this, the no eligibility rule from this year. It’s above my pay grade.
😐

OL

Reactions: GregInPitt
ADVERTISEMENT