ADVERTISEMENT

Last Post - Used to be fun

Still fun - but I generally stay off the test board and try to keep politics out of my normal posts.
Honestly, the whole Sandusky saga - and the way opposing fanbases seemed to revel in it - soured me on college football in general. Now with guys sitting out bowl games for hangnails, transferring at a moment’s notice, etc, I just can’t get invested as much.

I’ve peeked in on On3, but it doesn’t seem noticeably busier. Is it? I’m now most generally active on the Wrestling board here and it’s as busy as ever and looks busier than On3. As long as Cael and crew keep striving for excellence, they will get most of my attention - and deserve every bit of it. The wrestling team in the last 12 years has probably given me more thrills than decades of watching college and pro football - and that’s down to the straight up killers that Cael keeps churning out - stepping up when the lights are on.
The other board (On3) isn’t noticeably busier. But it is less contentious. Usually.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I agree this board was fun. I have been a member for about 20 years and posted on a regular basis. I would come here to forget about everyday nonsense. Unfortunately, it is now here as well. I don’t see the “regulars” post anymore. I know some are gone. I guess that’s the way things are. Time to move on.👋

I don't understand why more rational Americans aren't completely livid with both parties. Are you telling me that Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump and Joe Biden are the best candidates the nation can offer? Everyone needs to stop trying to discredit the left or the right and admit that no one in office is worth a damn. The house and the senate are in even worse shape. They seek (and often acquire) life time employment.....all the while enriching themselves thru lobby without conscience.
The power of the executive branch is considerable.....but pales in comparison with the legislative branch. Too many idiots vote for the candidate that promises them something for "free." Child care, student loan forgiveness or any other stipend or service is not free. Buying votes under any guise should be identified and prosecuted.
Our nation today does not even come close to resembling the country that mobilized and not only won WW2 but emerged as a military and industrial giant.
We are a nation of would be oppressed....would be victims.....discriminated against.....slackers that are all looking for a government program to validate and enrich us.
We can send billions in military aid to Ukraine to protect their children and can't come to a consensus to act to save our very own innocent children being slaughtered in our schools.
Good post. As for people being angry at both parties.......that is why Trump won in spite of his considerable flaws. He was a total outsider that never ran for any political position before. And he took on R insider machine pols. He also exposed how both parties have been selling us out to China for decades. He certainly had serious flaws but he had both the national name recognition and the money to run against both parties. It’s almost impossible to run against the established parties with their huge money pools, manpower, connections, and image.

Always has amazed me that the Libertarian Party doesn’t do better. They need to find a couple quality candidates instead of the oddballs they have run in the past.

But seeing the way outsiders are attacked, that every single aspect of your life is under a microscope all the way back to junior high school, how your entire family will be attacked, it’s no wonder that good people refuse to run for office.

Good post. As for people being angry at both parties.......that is why Trump won in spite of his considerable flaws. He was a total outsider that never ran for any political position before. And he took on R insider machine pols. He also exposed how both parties have been selling us out to China for decades. He certainly had serious flaws but he had both the national name recognition and the money to run against both parties. It’s almost impossible to run against the established parties with their huge money pools, manpower, connections, and image.

Always has amazed me that the Libertarian Party doesn’t do better. They need to find a couple quality candidates instead of the oddballs they have run in the past.

But seeing the way outsiders are attacked, that every single aspect of your life is under a microscope all the way back to junior high school, how your entire family will be attacked, it’s no wonder that good people refuse to run for office.
Libertarians tend to be weirdos and they have been co opted by the left.

I don't understand why more rational Americans aren't completely livid with both parties. Are you telling me that Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump and Joe Biden are the best candidates the nation can offer? Everyone needs to stop trying to discredit the left or the right and admit that no one in office is worth a damn. The house and the senate are in even worse shape. They seek (and often acquire) life time employment.....all the while enriching themselves thru lobby without conscience.
The power of the executive branch is considerable.....but pales in comparison with the legislative branch. Too many idiots vote for the candidate that promises them something for "free." Child care, student loan forgiveness or any other stipend or service is not free. Buying votes under any guise should be identified and prosecuted.
Our nation today does not even come close to resembling the country that mobilized and not only won WW2 but emerged as a military and industrial giant.
We are a nation of would be oppressed....would be victims.....discriminated against.....slackers that are all looking for a government program to validate and enrich us.
We can send billions in military aid to Ukraine to protect their children and can't come to a consensus to act to save our very own innocent children being slaughtered in our schools.

Well said. I think our country is in deep trouble...beyond the point of repair by any single election.

Our government is dysfunctional. Our Ruling Class is corrupt. Our culture is a sewer. Our citizenry is demoralized. Our divisions are widening. Our children are under attack. The vision of the Founders has been betrayed. In sum, a "late Rome" feeling in the air.

Historians will find more than enough blame to go around. I have strong opinions on that subject, but this is not the place to express them. Anyway, the crisis goes far beyond the standard partisan finger-pointing.

Good post to you sir. He was elected as an outsider having been for many years a liberal and then drifted to moderate republican. We actually had very, very good results in terms of wage gains, economic growth especially rebounding from democrat state covid shutdowns, and he did the things we used to almost all agree upon like reinforce the border, bring troops home and not start new wars, make the US energy independent, kept inflation at or under 2%, record job growth for minorities, etc.

Interestingly though he was attacked for this from the left and the right establishments and especially the media. So a centrist, outside candidate that produced stellar results was dogged mercilessly daily and get this, people felt and did what the media told them. They didn't believe their lying eyes on results, they bought what we know now were lies because evidence has been presented about Russian collusion and pee stories.

This is what scares me most about America's future. It's citizens are being shown to be easily manipulated and act now on feelings and not careful deliberation, logic, and reason. Collectively we are controlled and appear to prefer to be told what to think even if the results are clearly bad.

Last edited:
This is what scares me most about America's future. It's citizens are being shown to be easily manipulated and act now on feelings and not careful deliberation, logic, and reason. Collectively we are controlled and appear to prefer to be told what to think even if the results are clearly bad.
The only hope is that the government's COVID overreach will cause citizens to be more resistant to manipulation. But I'm not very hopeful about that hope.

It feels as though these politicians here and in Canada know they will get reelected, no matter what they do to their citizens. Almost as though the fix is in, so they have no fear of their subjects.

Tell the truth Jerry. You couldn’t kick a brownies ass. You went there crying like a bitch and people made fun of you. Stick to test board where lies are reality. You fit in better there loser.

Whatever, Knicksy. If your version were accurate, you wouldn't be so compulsively defensive nor would you have spent six months following me around and yapping for attention. Classic overcompensation on your part.

Also, the fixation of some people with the Test Board borders on clinical. Hey, it's a bunch of guys debating. Sometimes dumb and juvenile...sometimes thoughtful and insightful. If people not even involved feel threatened by that, they likely have issues of their own to resolve.

Still, I didn't mean to paint everyone at on3 with the same brush. There's some good people on that site. But you ain't one, pal.

right...I've said that for year. Trump was and is not a "republican". the GOP insiders hated him. in fact, it was john mccain who "leaked" the now known to be BS Steele Dossier so that the FBI could get a FISA warrant to spy on a candidate and, later, POTUS. There was, and still is, a robust "never-trump" division. LIke him or hate him, he was never a Republican. He just knew Hillary was going to get the Democratic nomination so chose the GOP to run, which was way more wide open.

Reactions: Online Persona
I decided today to go back today and look at my LAST post from 2022. FYI - I am a Penn State grad with 2 degrees in engineering (BS and MS) from Penn State and have been an avid Penn State fan since the early 70's.

The responses to my original message reinforced and validated my original message.

Looks like nothing has changed in the last year!

I decided today to go back today and look at my LAST post from 2022. FYI - I am a Penn State grad with 2 degrees in engineering (BS and MS) from Penn State and have been an avid Penn State fan since the early 70's.

The responses to my original message reinforced and validated my original message.

d4f6ccfa84265710da2ce7f616e9a217.jpg

It is only to be expected that this thread has political content. Your OP set it up as such.

My advice would be to look at other threads and see how clean they are of politics. And the last couple weeks should good since almost all threads are about McCheaters, how bad we played, Yurcich getting canned, who is next up, should Franklin be canned and lots of football. Very little politics or off topic stuff got squeezed in.

Last edited:

Power To The People Peace GIF by INTO ACTION

Lets see one guy tried to stop the counting of electoral votes so that he could remain in power directing his minions to march the nations capitol and thus storm the capitol without having one of 60 lawsuits proving any of the fraud that would be needed to overturn an election which in turn caused the killing of a police man oh and apparently he was ok with his VP getting lynch or at least not bothered by it. Yeah I would call that someone interested in Democracy. But you keep watching Fox News, Qanon etc, and telling yourself that the Democrats are the problem.
Did any go to discovery? Asking for a friend

im-watching-stalking.gif

What is your point?

I hear ya. When On3 started the better posters moved on leaving this free board to turn into a complete dumpster fire. Initially the new crew put some effort into controlling the political crap, but gave up pretty quickly. Who can blame them though, that would require putting effort into a free board and by cutting out the few remaining discussions - even if wildly inappropriate for the board - would effectively cut clicks and visits to zero. This board was chasing off new members for years though. Cutting off their nose to spite their face and dying a slow death.

I still swing by as some of the articles posted by the new crew aren’t elsewhere etc, but at this point the best strategy is avoidance in terms of interaction with most folks around here.
B.s. Bob Daman took over the McAndrew board and all that board is now is a bunch of ditto heads kissing his 1-year-on-the-team ass. He's an obnoxious arrogant asshole and aside from guys like psuro and a few others that board is worse than this one.

By the way they also all hate Marshall23 😂😂😂, so at least they got that right.

I hear ya. When On3 started the better posters moved on leaving this free board to turn into a complete dumpster fire. Initially the new crew put some effort into controlling the political crap, but gave up pretty quickly. Who can blame them though, that would require putting effort into a free board and by cutting out the few remaining discussions - even if wildly inappropriate for the board - would effectively cut clicks and visits to zero. This board was chasing off new members for years though. Cutting off their nose to spite their face and dying a slow death.

I still swing by as some of the articles posted by the new crew aren’t elsewhere etc, but at this point the best strategy is avoidance in terms of interaction with most folks around here.
200 posts in seven years. Or a little more than two per month. You don’t contribute much at all…..so you are part of the problem.

Reactions: Ski and royboy
There has never been enough activity to have two vibrant boards. Fight on State and BWI didn't really exist in an equal and active forums universe either.

I have noticed that both boards have suffered from the split. Like Chicken I am mostly on the Wrestling boards as it seems most posters just stayed here.

FWIW, I'm also actively asking people to tone down the political angst/rhetoric. We get enough of that crap elsewhere and I am so frustrated with American "leaders" intentionally trying to pit one US good citizen against another to further their own grift and stupid gain. Enough already. I am proud of being part of communities where we work together to solve real problems--I've been through floods and earthquakes and have helped other people with moving and with domestic trauma, etc. We have fentanyl and mental health and crime and violence and these a-holes with the blowhard megaphones want us to hate instead of buckle up and work. Enough. This is a place where we can go back to our roots as proud fans of a relatively clean football program and I'd like to help keep the dialogue there--if for no other reason than to help refresh what actually made America work--collaboration and community.

steps off soapbox and welcome back.

I have decided that today is my last day of visiting this board. This board has become too focused on politics, etc. and no longer provides any enjoyment. I have been coming here for many years and I have read and enjoyed some interesting discussions about Penn State football.

Best wishes to all!

Go over to the McAndrew board or the Lions 247 boards.
This one has allowed the inmates to run the asylum.

This board blows On3 away - that shit is like the Lawrence Welk show - too many boring blowhards just killing time before the 5:00 dinner buffet. 247 is not too bad - I lurk there at times.

This place is my dysfunctional home dammit!!!

This board blows On3 away - that shit is like the Lawrence Welk show - too many boring blowhards just killing time before the 5:00 dinner buffet. 247 is not too bad - I lurk there at times.

This place is my dysfunctional home dammit!!!
A few guys I know used to hit the dinner buffet when Ole Bobby's milf wife was a waitress in SC, she got around 😂😂😂

This board allowed two Michigan trolls to completely take it over. The only logical explanation is that the mods are friends with them.

I could be wrong, but isn't the new owner a Maryland guy first?

FWIW, I'm also actively asking people to tone down the political angst/rhetoric. We get enough of that crap elsewhere and I am so frustrated with American "leaders" intentionally trying to pit one US good citizen against another to further their own grift and stupid gain. Enough already. I am proud of being part of communities where we work together to solve real problems--I've been through floods and earthquakes and have helped other people with moving and with domestic trauma, etc. We have fentanyl and mental health and crime and violence and these a-holes with the blowhard megaphones want us to hate instead of buckle up and work. Enough. This is a place where we can go back to our roots as proud fans of a relatively clean football program and I'd like to help keep the dialogue there--if for no other reason than to help refresh what actually made America work--collaboration and community.

steps off soapbox and welcome back.
POTY

Reactions: PennSt8er
Relax my friend!!! All is good! We just need to run-off the Biden/Commie/Liberal Loonies and this Board will be awesome!!! Please feel-free to call out any Biden brain-dead zombies posting on the Board so we can promptly expose them to shame to ridicule they deserve so they will leave the Board! We are so close man. Hold on! Don't quit!!! We need strong conservative voices of reason on this Board like yourself!!
Amen to that.

Good post to you sir. He was elected as an outsider having been for many years a liberal and then drifted to moderate republican. We actually had very, very good results in terms of wage gains, economic growth especially rebounding from democrat state covid shutdowns, and he did the things we used to almost all agree upon like reinforce the border, bring troops home and not start new wars, make the US energy independent, kept inflation at or under 2%, record job growth for minorities, etc.

Interestingly though he was attacked for this from the left and the right establishments and especially the media. So a centrist, outside candidate that produced stellar results was dogged mercilessly daily and get this, people felt and did what the media told them. They didn't believe their lying eyes on results, they bought what we know now were lies because evidence has been presented about Russian collusion and pee stories.

Online Persona...honest question, how can someone who joined this site on Feb 2, 2022 have OVER 5,000 posts/messages to this one site alone?...you seem way too obsessed over certain topics/issues...you must be posting day/night everyday on here...there is more to life than this

Last edited:
Online Persona...honest question, how can someone who joined this site on Feb 2, 2022 have OVER 5,000 posts/messages to this one site alone?...you seem way too obsessed over certain topics/issues...you must be posting day/night everyday on here...there is more to life than this
Even more amazing considering he/she hasn’t posted since Sept 15th.

I got paragraphs on this subject where should I put them?
Dude. Really? C'mon now.

Never, EVER ask the question "Where should I put ________ ?" on an internet bulletin board, unless you are intentionally seeking some truly comedic (and highly personal) suggestions. Moreover, you did it on THIS Board, where a number of posters are Eagles fans. Have you ever been to an Eagles game?! LMAO ... :cool:

Reactions: brupsu
ADVERTISEMENT