Last Post - Used to be fun

ouirpsu

Jan 24, 2018
North Carolina
Still fun - but I generally stay off the test board and try to keep politics out of my normal posts.
Honestly, the whole Sandusky saga - and the way opposing fanbases seemed to revel in it - soured me on college football in general. Now with guys sitting out bowl games for hangnails, transferring at a moment’s notice, etc, I just can’t get invested as much.

I’ve peeked in on On3, but it doesn’t seem noticeably busier. Is it? I’m now most generally active on the Wrestling board here and it’s as busy as ever and looks busier than On3. As long as Cael and crew keep striving for excellence, they will get most of my attention - and deserve every bit of it. The wrestling team in the last 12 years has probably given me more thrills than decades of watching college and pro football - and that’s down to the straight up killers that Cael keeps churning out - stepping up when the lights are on.
The other board (On3) isn’t noticeably busier. But it is less contentious. Usually.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa

CattyGuy51

Nov 8, 2001
I agree this board was fun. I have been a member for about 20 years and posted on a regular basis. I would come here to forget about everyday nonsense. Unfortunately, it is now here as well. I don’t see the “regulars” post anymore. I know some are gone. I guess that’s the way things are. Time to move on.👋

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
I don't understand why more rational Americans aren't completely livid with both parties. Are you telling me that Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump and Joe Biden are the best candidates the nation can offer? Everyone needs to stop trying to discredit the left or the right and admit that no one in office is worth a damn. The house and the senate are in even worse shape. They seek (and often acquire) life time employment.....all the while enriching themselves thru lobby without conscience.
The power of the executive branch is considerable.....but pales in comparison with the legislative branch. Too many idiots vote for the candidate that promises them something for "free." Child care, student loan forgiveness or any other stipend or service is not free. Buying votes under any guise should be identified and prosecuted.
Our nation today does not even come close to resembling the country that mobilized and not only won WW2 but emerged as a military and industrial giant.
We are a nation of would be oppressed....would be victims.....discriminated against.....slackers that are all looking for a government program to validate and enrich us.
We can send billions in military aid to Ukraine to protect their children and can't come to a consensus to act to save our very own innocent children being slaughtered in our schools.
Good post. As for people being angry at both parties.......that is why Trump won in spite of his considerable flaws. He was a total outsider that never ran for any political position before. And he took on R insider machine pols. He also exposed how both parties have been selling us out to China for decades. He certainly had serious flaws but he had both the national name recognition and the money to run against both parties. It’s almost impossible to run against the established parties with their huge money pools, manpower, connections, and image.

Always has amazed me that the Libertarian Party doesn’t do better. They need to find a couple quality candidates instead of the oddballs they have run in the past.

But seeing the way outsiders are attacked, that every single aspect of your life is under a microscope all the way back to junior high school, how your entire family will be attacked, it’s no wonder that good people refuse to run for office.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Good post. As for people being angry at both parties.......that is why Trump won in spite of his considerable flaws. He was a total outsider that never ran for any political position before. And he took on R insider machine pols. He also exposed how both parties have been selling us out to China for decades. He certainly had serious flaws but he had both the national name recognition and the money to run against both parties. It’s almost impossible to run against the established parties with their huge money pools, manpower, connections, and image.

Always has amazed me that the Libertarian Party doesn’t do better. They need to find a couple quality candidates instead of the oddballs they have run in the past.

But seeing the way outsiders are attacked, that every single aspect of your life is under a microscope all the way back to junior high school, how your entire family will be attacked, it’s no wonder that good people refuse to run for office.
Libertarians tend to be weirdos and they have been co opted by the left.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
I don't understand why more rational Americans aren't completely livid with both parties. Are you telling me that Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump and Joe Biden are the best candidates the nation can offer? Everyone needs to stop trying to discredit the left or the right and admit that no one in office is worth a damn. The house and the senate are in even worse shape. They seek (and often acquire) life time employment.....all the while enriching themselves thru lobby without conscience.
The power of the executive branch is considerable.....but pales in comparison with the legislative branch. Too many idiots vote for the candidate that promises them something for "free." Child care, student loan forgiveness or any other stipend or service is not free. Buying votes under any guise should be identified and prosecuted.
Our nation today does not even come close to resembling the country that mobilized and not only won WW2 but emerged as a military and industrial giant.
We are a nation of would be oppressed....would be victims.....discriminated against.....slackers that are all looking for a government program to validate and enrich us.
We can send billions in military aid to Ukraine to protect their children and can't come to a consensus to act to save our very own innocent children being slaughtered in our schools.

Well said. I think our country is in deep trouble...beyond the point of repair by any single election.

Our government is dysfunctional. Our Ruling Class is corrupt. Our culture is a sewer. Our citizenry is demoralized. Our divisions are widening. Our children are under attack. The vision of the Founders has been betrayed. In sum, a "late Rome" feeling in the air.

Historians will find more than enough blame to go around. I have strong opinions on that subject, but this is not the place to express them. Anyway, the crisis goes far beyond the standard partisan finger-pointing.

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022

Good post to you sir. He was elected as an outsider having been for many years a liberal and then drifted to moderate republican. We actually had very, very good results in terms of wage gains, economic growth especially rebounding from democrat state covid shutdowns, and he did the things we used to almost all agree upon like reinforce the border, bring troops home and not start new wars, make the US energy independent, kept inflation at or under 2%, record job growth for minorities, etc.

Interestingly though he was attacked for this from the left and the right establishments and especially the media. So a centrist, outside candidate that produced stellar results was dogged mercilessly daily and get this, people felt and did what the media told them. They didn't believe their lying eyes on results, they bought what we know now were lies because evidence has been presented about Russian collusion and pee stories.

This is what scares me most about America's future. It's citizens are being shown to be easily manipulated and act now on feelings and not careful deliberation, logic, and reason. Collectively we are controlled and appear to prefer to be told what to think even if the results are clearly bad.

Last edited:

NewEra 2014

Jan 3, 2014
This is what scares me most about America's future. It's citizens are being shown to be easily manipulated and act now on feelings and not careful deliberation, logic, and reason. Collectively we are controlled and appear to prefer to be told what to think even if the results are clearly bad.
The only hope is that the government's COVID overreach will cause citizens to be more resistant to manipulation. But I'm not very hopeful about that hope.

It feels as though these politicians here and in Canada know they will get reelected, no matter what they do to their citizens. Almost as though the fix is in, so they have no fear of their subjects.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Tell the truth Jerry. You couldn’t kick a brownies ass. You went there crying like a bitch and people made fun of you. Stick to test board where lies are reality. You fit in better there loser.

Whatever, Knicksy. If your version were accurate, you wouldn't be so compulsively defensive nor would you have spent six months following me around and yapping for attention. Classic overcompensation on your part.

Also, the fixation of some people with the Test Board borders on clinical. Hey, it's a bunch of guys debating. Sometimes dumb and juvenile...sometimes thoughtful and insightful. If people not even involved feel threatened by that, they likely have issues of their own to resolve.

Still, I didn't mean to paint everyone at on3 with the same brush. There's some good people on that site. But you ain't one, pal.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001

right...I've said that for year. Trump was and is not a "republican". the GOP insiders hated him. in fact, it was john mccain who "leaked" the now known to be BS Steele Dossier so that the FBI could get a FISA warrant to spy on a candidate and, later, POTUS. There was, and still is, a robust "never-trump" division. LIke him or hate him, he was never a Republican. He just knew Hillary was going to get the Democratic nomination so chose the GOP to run, which was way more wide open.

Reactions: Online Persona