ADVERTISEMENT

Last go for John Smith?

baccafarmer

Aug 20, 2018
Brumley Gap, VA
From a Hawkeye: “Coleman Scott has "stepped away" from UNC but it seems he will head to OSU to be the head coach in waiting; looks like the upcoming season will be the last for John.” Also mentioned that Knoll will go after the UNC job.

From a Hawkeye: “Coleman Scott has "stepped away" from UNC but it seems he will head to OSU to be the head coach in waiting; looks like the upcoming season will be the last for John.” Also mentioned that Knoll will go after the UNC job.
Esposito left to take freestyle development job so associate head coach position opened up. Good move for Scott especially if Smith has said this will be his last year

Coleman Scott at HC at Okie State worries me a lot more than John Smith does at this point. Probably a good move all around for the Cowboys. Scott could make them relevant again pretty quickly.

This ain't John's last year.

It will take a lot for UNC to get Koll to leave Stanford. He's set up REALLY nicely in Palo Alto.

I think the $750k salary and 2mil free home makes up for a lot.
I’m sure it does, and I can’t see Koll having more success at UNC than he can have at Stanford, but $750k in Palo Alto has to be like $400k in Chapel Hill. Just saying.

I’m sure it does, and I can’t see Koll having more success at UNC than he can have at Stanford, but $750k in Palo Alto has to be like $400k in Chapel Hill. Just saying.
Goes a bit further when house and car are paid for.

I think he's smart enough to know he'd be in such a losing battle at UNC. Stanford is on the west coast... is STANFORD and he'd lose way too many recruiting battles at UNC.

The one trump card is Joe Galli of Milwaukee Tools - he's Koll's big donor and a UNC grad. So if Galli wants Koll to take over the alma mater - he'd probably pay handsomely enough to do so.

Goes a bit further when house and car are paid for.

I think he's smart enough to know he'd be in such a losing battle at UNC. Stanford is on the west coast... is STANFORD and he'd lose way too many recruiting battles at UNC.

The one trump card is Joe Galli of Milwaukee Tools - he's Koll's big donor and a UNC grad. So if Galli wants Koll to take over the alma mater - he'd probably pay handsomely enough to do so.
will be interesting on how the conf realignments impact the wrestling landscape

Thought I had read or heard Stanford was only funding 4 or 5 scholarships. Anyone recall that?

Thought I had read or heard Stanford was only funding 4 or 5 scholarships. Anyone recall that?
It was 5 when the program got cut. IIRC Koll has it up to 7 now.

The challenge at Stanford is similar to NW -- it's really freaking expensive (with Palo Alto housing much worse than Evanston). And a miniscule grad school acceptance rate. So roster turnover will be higher, and redshirting is essentially conceding their best years to their Dream School.

It was 5 when the program got cut. IIRC Koll has it up to 7 now.

The challenge at Stanford is similar to NW -- it's really freaking expensive (with Palo Alto housing much worse than Evanston). And a miniscule grad school acceptance rate. So roster turnover will be higher, and redshirting is essentially conceding their best years to their Dream School.
Naw. He’s fully funded now. His flirtation with OU got him that.

Getting into grad school is MUCH easier as a Stanford grad/athlete. So redshirting isn’t as big a deal as you may think.

$2m home in Palo Alto? Maybe Koll wants more than a 2bed/1bath.
2 bedroom, 3 bath, 1,290 sq. ft. townhome with 2 covered parking spaces and a short walk from campus.
That's what $2 mil gets ya! Wow!

2 bedroom, 3 bath, 1,290 sq. ft. townhome with 2 covered parking spaces and a short walk from campus.
When a simple double bed fills the (both) bedrooms....you know they are small. But.....hey......it's only 2 million. I think my Social Security will cover the payment. . :)

Almost ,,, that's what $2M plus a $576/mo condo fee gets you.

I also don’t like the area. But there’s nothing that a good 10.0 earthquake can’t fix. 😈
Silicon Valley is the North Jersey of the west coast, except with more attitude.

Is it possible for a 10.0 quake to hit Palo Alto but spare NASA Ames?

Reactions: AgSurfer
Coleman Scott is now Associate Head Coach at Ok State. I report, you decide.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT