ADVERTISEMENT

Last Chance U | Season 2 July 21

Brad908

Jul 12, 2012
Did a search and didn't really find any threads on the show. Season 2 comes back on July 21 and should be great. Show airs on Netflix.

Season 1 really opened my eyes on just how much babysitting goes into these players.

It started as a documentary about a community college in a small town where former Division I players came for a second chance at their college football dreams.

But as Last Chance U comes back for a second season, there’s something different about East Mississippi Community College: Thanks to the hit Netflix show, the school is a tourist destination for people from around the world. The former players, many of whom went on to play at major Division I schools, were in some places more high-profile than even the team’s starting quarterback.

And one (now former) academic adviser is known around the world for constantly asking: “Do you have a pencil?”

“We began filming after the first season came out and the school had experienced a level of celebrity that I don’t think they were quite prepared for. And we just allowed that to become part of the narrative in season two,” said the series’ director Greg Whiteley.

“(In the second season) Brittany Wagner, the academic adviser, is fielding daily interview requests. (Editor’s note: she has since left the school) There are people that are traveling from (places around the world) as far away as Scotland to attend home games in Scooba, Miss. — which is amazing.

“We spent a lot of time with the residents of Scooba and with people related to the school and asked them: ‘In which way is your life different since the series came out?’ And in some cases, they’re quite different.”

At its heart, the second season of the series has the same goal as the first: To tell the story of a group of football players working for their dreams in a place that is far from where they thought they would be and a small community college in a small town that has produced an impressive number of Division I players.

“We really pride ourselves on allowing the players to drive the story arc,” Whiteley said. “Their voice takes over our show and by virtue of the fact that you have a whole new crop of players … and the challenge is to dig into their backstories which will allow you to fall in love with them the same way you fell in love with DJ (Law), (Ronald) Ollie, John Franklin, Wyatt (Roberts) from last year.”

So who will we all fall in love with this year?

“I think you can make a case for four different players,” he said. “I can tell you about one: There’s a running back named Isiah. Last year, he went by the name Isiah Wright and he’s the kid who talked his way into the first game and ran the kickoff back. He’s the starting tailback this year and for reasons that we explain in the series, he changes his last name to Patrick. He plays a major role in the upcoming season.”

The second series will be available on Netflix on July 21.

I wonder if Kamonte Carter is going to be a main character this season??

I wonder if Kamonte Carter is going to be a main character this season??

Sounds like it from a different article I just read.

"This season, Kamonte Carter, Dakota Allen and De’Andre Johnson highlight some of the bigger names."

Watching this is completely embarrassing he was able to get into Penn State.

Can't imagine how Pitt feels watching this lol
Exactly what i thought as well. Can't believe we took him to begin with. The kid is a scumbag inside and out.

Carter was very underwhelming throughout the show and looked lazy & slow. a perfect recruit for pitt

We are the idiots that took him first. As I watch more and more, he must have put on one hell of a show while interacting with our staff. This kid is a mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: legacylion21
Did a search and didn't really find any threads on the show. Season 2 comes back on July 21 and should be great. Show airs on Netflix.

I started a thread on Friday but it died slowly.

My exact thoughts. He was given a opportunity of a lifetime and is wasting it. He's lazy, disrespectful, and just an all around disaster of a person. Like the D Line coach said after he called the female trainers/managers "bitches", he's in for a lifetime of trouble if he doesn't change.

I think the most likeabke player is the LB from TA&MU.

I am a hug fan of Brittany Wagner too.
MV5BNzMyMzIzNTgxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDI3NjA2OTE@._V1_UY317_CR131,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

So Carter had issues doing things right at PSU. He had issues doing things right at JUCO. Now suddenly it'll all click at Pitt?

My exact thoughts. He was given a opportunity of a lifetime and is wasting it. He's lazy, disrespectful, and just an all around disaster of a person. Like the D Line coach said after he called the female trainers/managers "bitches", he's in for a lifetime of trouble if he doesn't change.

MV5BNzMyMzIzNTgxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDI3NjA2OTE@._V1_UY317_CR131,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Me too for a lot of reasons. I really thought she would be at s bigger place by now.

I started this one back on June 23, that's why no search result haha.

The team would be nothing without Brittany, really liked what the one player told her.

I'll probably end up watching a season 3, but I really can't take the coach anymore. I have no problem with cursing and all that, but he just really bothers me. Isaiah said it well at the end about Buddy just not being able to read people and push all their wrong buttons.

According to posters on the Lair, he's a stud, dominates the field on the show, and the doctors at Pitt will cure his ADHD. But we're the football factory....funny

We are the idiots that took him first. As I watch more and more, he must have put on one hell of a show while interacting with our staff. This kid is a mess.

We're the idiots? Pitt took him 2nd knowing he was kicked off our team.

We're the idiots? Pitt took him 2nd knowing he was kicked off our team.
Exactly. So the first one to jump into a freezing cold lake because they didn't know it was cold is a bigger idiot than the second one who followed knowing already it was freezing cold? It was bad that he got into PSU, but it's way worse that Pitt is taking him especially with the poor academic track record established and the drug offense.

Exactly. So the first one to jump into a freezing cold lake because they didn't know it was cold is a bigger idiot than the second one who followed knowing already it was freezing cold? It was bad that he got into PSU, but it's way worse that Pitt is taking him especially with the poor academic track record established and the drug offense.

Hey, you try to vet these guys, but you can't know the future or read their minds. How many people did you know that go nuts once they get away from the structure and rules of their parents' house? He's a f-up, Penn State found out and kicked him out for a violation of team rules, before he figured out a way to get in trouble with the law. No harm, no foul. Franklin and his players, knock on wood, have done a great job staying on the straight and narrow for the most part and have done an excellent job in the classroom. The players that don't fit in with that culture have been washed out of the program quickly.

Reactions: LionJim and AWS1022
Me too for a lot of reasons. I really thought she would be at s bigger place by now.

I always google people when I watch reality TV or docs and it looks like she left EMCC. I saw an interview where she said she and the coach weren't on good terms and he never said anything to her when she left; no thank you, no good luck. She's since started her own academic consulting business.

I started this one back on June 23, that's why no search result haha.

The team would be nothing without Brittany, really liked what the one player told her.

I'll probably end up watching a season 3, but I really can't take the coach anymore. I have no problem with cursing and all that, but he just really bothers me. Isaiah said it well at the end about Buddy just not being able to read people and push all their wrong buttons.

The HC bitches about the cameras all this season but then says he wants them back for season 3. Thought I saw that Netflix was looking tuft a different school for season 3, but EMCC wants them to return.

At the end of the day Netflix brings a paycheck to the school, so of course they want them back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT