Last Chance Qualifier Tourney preview from TOM

Results from Track:

Sat MFS - 57
1st Place - Thomas Gilman of Hawkeye Wrestling Club
2nd Place - Daniel Deshazer of Minnesota Storm
3rd Place - Zane Richards of IRTC
4th Place - David Terao of Titan Mercury Wresting Club
1st Place Match
1st Place Match - Thomas Gilman (Hawkeye Wrestling Club) won by decision over Daniel Deshazer (Minnesota Storm) (Dec 7-6)
3rd Place Match
3rd Place Match - Zane Richards (IRTC) won by tech fall over David Terao (Titan Mercury Wresting Club) (TF 13-2)

Sat MFS - 61
1st Place - Jayson Ness of Minnesota Storm
2nd Place - Joey Lazor of Panther Wrestling Club RTC
3rd Place - Darrius Little of Lehigh Valley Wrestling Club
4th Place - Shelton Mack of TMWC
1st Place Match
1st Place Match - Jayson Ness (Minnesota Storm) won by tech fall over Joey Lazor (Panther Wrestling Club RTC) (TF 14-3)
3rd Place Match
3rd Place Match - Darrius Little (Lehigh Valley Wrestling Club) won by decision over Shelton Mack (TMWC) (Dec 4-3)

Sat MFS - 65
1st Place - Mario Mason of Lehigh Valley Wrestling Club
2nd Place - Jaydin Eierman of Missouri Wrestling Foundation
3rd Place - Anthony Abidin of Valley RTC
4th Place - Henry Pohlmeyer of Jackrabbit Wrestling Club
1st Place Match
1st Place Match - Mario Mason (Lehigh Valley Wrestling Club) won by decision over Jaydin Eierman (Missouri Wrestling Foundation) (Dec 11-8)
3rd Place Match
3rd Place Match - Anthony Abidin (Valley RTC) won by tech fall over Henry Pohlmeyer (Jackrabbit Wrestling Club) (TF 14-3)

Sat MFS - 70
1st Place - Dylan Ness of Minnesota Storm
2nd Place - Santiago Martinez of Lehigh Valley Wrestling Club
3rd Place - Elroy Perkin of Eau Claire
4th Place - Joshua Nolan of Legends of Gold
1st Place Match
1st Place Match - Dylan Ness (Minnesota Storm) won by fall over Santiago Martinez (Lehigh Valley Wrestling Club) (Fall 4:03)
3rd Place Match
3rd Place Match - Elroy Perkin (Eau Claire) won by fall over Joshua Nolan (Legends of Gold) (Fall 1:24)

Deshazer, who looked huge for 57kg, was up 6-1 at break over Gilman, appeared to suffer what looked like an ankle injury (his ankle was already taped up), and Gilman gutted out a win in the second period.

Jaydin Eierman initiated most of the action against Mario Mason but too-easily concedes points. Eierman's pin of Abidin in the semi was something to see, I imagine Flo will package it as a highlight. Mason just out-veteraned Eierman.

Dylan Ness won his last two matches with risky roll-throughs to pins because that's what he does. Always fun to see though.

Im scratching my head wondering how DeShazer made 57kg. He was pretty tired regardless of his injury. Glad to see that match end in Gilmans favor with no head slaps! I don't expect Thomas to win 57 but he might take out a big name at the trials. I want to see him and Ramos knock heads

Sun MFS - 74
1st Place - Isaih Martinez of IRTC
2nd Place - Nick Wanzek of Minnesota Storm
3rd Place - Dan Vallimont of NYAC/Penn RTC
4th Place - Brett Bye of Jackrabbit Wrestling Club
1st Place Match
1st Place Match - Isaih Martinez (IRTC) won by tech fall over Nick Wanzek (Minnesota Storm) (TF 10-0)
3rd Place Match
3rd Place Match - Dan Vallimont (NYAC/Penn RTC) won by decision over Brett Bye (Jackrabbit Wrestling Club) (Dec 19-10)

Sun MFS - 86
1st Place - Joe Rau of Minnesota Storm
2nd Place - Vic Avery of Titan Mercury Wresting Club
3rd Place - Quinton Godley of TMWC
4th Place - Robert Jordan of Jackrabbit Wrestling Club
1st Place Match
1st Place Match - Joe Rau (Minnesota Storm) won by tech fall over Vic Avery (Titan Mercury Wresting Club) (TF 10-0)
3rd Place Match
3rd Place Match - Quinton Godley (TMWC) won by decision over Robert Jordan (Jackrabbit Wrestling Club) (Dec 10-8)

Sun MFS - 97
1st Place - Hayden Zillmer of Minnesota Storm
2nd Place - Timmy McCall of TMWC
3rd Place - Jacob Kasper of Blue Blood Wrestling Club
4th Place - Austin Schafer of Bronco Wrestling Club
1st Place Match
1st Place Match - Hayden Zillmer (Minnesota Storm) won by decision over Timmy McCall (TMWC) (Dec 6-4)
3rd Place Match
3rd Place Match - Jacob Kasper (Blue Blood Wrestling Club) won by forfeit over Austin Schafer (Bronco Wrestling Club) (FF)

Sun MFS - 125
1st Place - Blaze Cabell of Valley RTC
2nd Place - Braden Atwood of Sunkist Kids Wrestling Club
3rd Place - Blake Wolters of Jackrabbit Wrestling Club
1st Place Match
1st Place Match - Blaze Cabell (Valley RTC) won by decision over Braden Atwood (Sunkist Kids Wrestling Club) (Dec 7-5)
3rd Place Match
3rd Place Match - Blake Wolters (Jackrabbit Wrestling Club) received a bye () (Bye)

Reactions: diggerpup
First off, I love that this is held in Rochester because I'm selfish. Having all of Northern Plains Regional alongside this makes for a long, long weekend.

Ever since I got into coaching, I've always wanted to get to the highest level. I coach a club in the area that has Juniors and Cadets that end up at Fargo, but haven't quite had an All-American in a couple of years. We draw 25-30 guys or so per year. Sunday, I got the opportunity to get a glimpse of the highest level. Another guy that coaches at the club I do decided a couple of weeks ago that he wanted to give Last Chance a try. He gave it a good 3 weeks of training in spurts, keeping the body feeling good. He was a D3 Champ, 4x AA, but obviously didn't have Imar/Vallimont credentials in FS. While he got throttled by Imar, he also got a win, and he was the only wrestler to at least put a point up on him (Imar). That was a tiny, moral victory for him. Sounds like our guy got the itch bad, and wants to do Schultz/Open next year. Big things happening at our club. It was a cool experience to coach alongside your Slay's, Hunter's, and Perry's.

Thought I'd share... Some internet boards have chirped about how this is a dumb event. Even if I wasn't in a corner, I still think it's necessary and enjoyable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT