ADVERTISEMENT

Kurt Angle Bio

Callthestall

Mar 14, 2016
I highly recommend watching the A&E Wrestling Bio on Kurt Angle. A lot of college and freestyle video and storyline of Foxcatcher. The first half of the documentary is mostly about his amateur days with highlights of him playing football and wrestling for Mt. Lebanon. His Clarion years are well covered with video and his coach interviewed. They then show him training for World's and Olympics. It goes into some detail with his friendship with Dave Shultz and the Foxcatcher history. Great highlights of his victory's for the Gold Medals. The 2nd half of show starts with some pro wrestling videos but it includes a lot of video of him and Brock Lesnar who are friends. The later part of show goes into his demons. Kurt discusses it with raw emotions.
It is great watch.

Last edited:
I highly recommended watching the A&E Wrestling Bio on Kurt Angle. I saw the latter part of it last night which was post amateur career. I streamed the first half of it this morning. It is done really well. A lot of college and freestyle video and storyline of Foxcatcher. The later part goes into his demons with Kurt discussing with raw emotions.
It is great watch.
really like Angle well the college part I know it was for the money but never really cared for pro wrestling!

really like Angle well the college part I know it was for the money but never really cared for pro wrestling!
The documentary is more about his life. The pro wrestling coverage is maybe 1/4 of the storyline.
Watch the documentary and you will truly find it to be well done and not a Pro Wrestling Promo piece.

Last edited:
I highly recommend watching the A&E Wrestling Bio on Kurt Angle. A lot of college and freestyle video and storyline of Foxcatcher. The first half is his amateur days with highlights of him in High School playing football and wrestling for Mt. Lebanon. His Clarion years are well covered with video and his coach interviewed. They then show him training for World's and Olympics. Great highlights of his victory's to the Gold Medals. The 2nd half of show starts with some pro wrestling videos but it includes a lot of video of him and Brock Lesnar who are friends. The later part goes into his demons. Kurt discusses it with raw emotions.
It is great watch.
Thanks for the recommendation. Great Bio.

Question for the forum? I saw Angle win PIAA title in 1987. In documentary he comments his favorite sport was football and his dream was to play at Pitt or Penn State. Did either school show interest in him for football or wrestling??

ADVERTISEMENT