ADVERTISEMENT

KUDOS To The Celtics Tonight!

ILLINOISLION

May 29, 2001
Slaughtered in game two in Boston, without their best player and down 21 to the Cavs in Cleveland, they fight their way back and win at the buzzer. Well, they win it with 00.1 second left.

Well done, Boston, well done! No one gave you a chance in hell, tonight proved again "why you play the game"!

Lots of guys stepped up tonigt. Marcus Smart was 8/14 from beyond the arc. Great night thr Cs! This team is young and is going to be really good. Probably won't win the series, but a win lime this will go a long way for future development, especially now owning the first pick and two first round picks next year! Thank you Nets for helping to reload my team!

LOL, another Mistake by the Lake. The Cavs have beaten up on a succession of not very talented Eastern Conference teams. For years. They are gonna face a much bigger challenge when the Finals commence.

Virtually everybody stepped up for the Celtics and several Cavs had great games also.

Big difference: LBJ played like he was Lady Bird, not Larry Bird!

Almost turned the game off in the first half, glad I stayed with it. Great 4th quarter!

LOL, another Mistake by the Lake. The Cavs have beaten up on a succession of not very talented Eastern Conference teams. For years. They are gonna face a much bigger challenge when the Finals commence.

Yeah I think they're aware of that. See 2015 and 2016 NBA Finals.

Lots of guys stepped up tonigt. Marcus Smart was 8/14 from beyond the arc. Great night thr Cs! This team is young and is going to be really good. Probably won't win the series, but a win lime this will go a long way for future development, especially now owning the first pick and two first round picks next year! Thank you Nets for helping to reload my team!

Honestly, that Celts/Neta trade was so bad it should've been vetoed. A couple past-prime and quickly aging former stars in return for multiple unprotected lottery picks (and far enough out that everyone, except the Nets apparently, knew the Nets would be a bottom 3 team). Anyone who knew anything knew the Nets had just set themselves up to be atrocious for more than a decade. Good for the Celts robbing them blind though.

I just looked at box score. james had a mere 11 points in 45 minutes. Yuck.

The Cs also have two first round picks from last year that were "stashed" in international pro leagues this year and could join the team next year.

It wouldn't look good if both the Warriors and Cavs got all the way to the finals without losing a game. Just more proof that the NBA is fixed! ;)

Cavs 2 for 17 on threes in the second half. Ball just didn't bounce their way. They were also a little full of themselves. I expect cavs to win the next two

The biggest concern last night for me was Lebron looking for others too much down the stretch. Yes, he never got going last night, but you're the best player on the planet. He looked too much for Love and Kyrie and Kyrie looked like the bad version of Kyrie who dribbles too much of the 24 second clock away.

First time in a long time that I saw a frustrated LBJ.

Cavs crush them like nuts the next couple of games.

I'm not an NBA fan at all, but I do love Celtic Woman. :)

Celtic-Woman-celtic-woman-8891447-1280-800.jpg

Especially, former member, Lisa Kelly.

528px-Lisa_Kelly_2.jpg

Last edited:
Why's it when the Cavs dominate the East it is because the East is weak, but when the Warriors do it in the West, it is because they're just playing better than the other teams? Warrior's have the most stacked roster put together in the history of the NBA.

This loss is good for the Cavs.

Last edited:
Why's it when the Cav's dominate the East it is because the East is weak, but when the Warriors do it in the West, it is because they're just playing better than the other teams?

This loss is good for the Cav's.

Its a great question. Last year, the Dubs played teams that recently lost their point guards, or in the first two games lost their point guards, for the entire playoffs until the Cavs. The year they won, they played a massively depleted Cavs team. This year, the only team with a chance to beat them has lost three key players.

I still think they are the best team in the NBA but have been very fortunate. I expect they will beat the Cavs but the West isn't strong this year outside of the Dubs and a healthy SA spurs.

Reactions: Brad908
Its a great question. Last year, the Dubs played teams that recently lost their point guards, or in the first two games lost their point guards, for the entire playoffs until the Cavs. The year they won, they played a massively depleted Cavs team. This year, the only team with a chance to beat them has lost three key players.

I still think they are the best team in the NBA but have been very fortunate. I expect they will beat the Cavs but the West isn't strong this year outside of the Dubs and a healthy SA spurs.
Speaking of the Spurs, it's doubtful that Leonard will play tonight. It's very possible this will be Manu Ginobili's final NBA game, one of my favorite players ever.

Reactions: mrtailgate
I think the Cavs win the series fairly easily. I think the point of the OP was that the Celtics had every reason to pack it in, with a ready made excuse of their best player being out, and they didn't, so kudos to them.

I appear most "experts" believe the C's will draft Fultz and make a strong push for Hayward. They become a very deep and talented team led by a extremely good coach if they land both. With two #1s the following season, they will have the ammunition to draft or trade for a top-notch rebounder. They could be very strong for 4 or 5 years, which is a long time in that league.

Virtually everybody stepped up for the Celtics and several Cavs had great games also.

Big difference: LBJ played like he was Lady Bird, not Larry Bird!

Almost turned the game off in the first half, glad I stayed with it. Great 4th quarter!
I went to see the alien movie because it looked like a blowout. I missed some entertaining ball.

I went to see the alien movie because it looked like a blowout. I missed some entertaining ball.

I still don't know why I kept watching when the Cavs got out to a 21 pt lead and it was looking like another 40 pt blowout. Turned out to be a great 4th quarter by both teams, yep, very entertaining.

Reactions: L.T. Young
It's going to be frightening what Stevens is able to do with the Celtics when they have a fully loaded roster. Possibly the best GM/Coach combination in sports right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT