ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to JF.

lionlurker

Jan 28, 2012
I am very sad that he did what he had to do with Kelly, but I am very pleased that he is making a statement here. The statement is, you screw up, and you're gone. It doesn't matter that you are a 4 star recruit, or less, if you don't meet our standards, you need to straighten yourself up, but do it elsewhere.

He isn't telling the media, after the fact, that he was suspended from off-season weightlifting. Or whatever.

He's not suspending him for one game against Temple or Buffalo or Rutgers, or whatever.

He's not saying that the situation will be dealt with internally, or whatever.

Good for JF. He is one of us.

Kelly is probably a good kid, who just perhaps didn't adjust to his newfound freedom as well as he should have. So be it. I'm sure he'll learn from this, and he'll thrive wherever he goes next, whether it be at Rutgers or Pitt or WVU or wherever.

But JF did what he had to do. And I applaud that.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
I would like to know what Kelly did to get kicked off the team just a month or so after arriving on campus. Kelly might have done something so egregious that Franklin had absolutely no choice but to boot him.

Actually, without hard facts, the word is that the 2015 class is somewhat rambunctious, as a group. It may well be that JF is laying down the law here. Kelly's offense may or may not have been all that egregious, but this is a message being sent to the rest of them.

Again, good for JF. As a certain NFL coach likes to say, the standard is the standard.

I'm all for holding our players to a high standard but it's hard for me to credit JF's move without knowing the reason he was booted.

Reactions: irncty
Doesn't look like he's going anywhere else.

ADVERTISEMENT